Ben
Earlier this year

Cairns @ Jacks - Sat 6th Jan

Tips 5:30pm VIC/NSW.

Expecting this to be close, although both teams are guilty of erratic form this season so who knows what we'll get.

One would think the Jacks will be looking to atone for previous poor form at home and that they'd have to be favourites. On the other hand, Coach Forde always seems to rally his troops for games they've been counted out of.

Much will hinge on the play of Marcus Lee and if he can be effective / stay out of foul trouble. On paper, Cairns have the advantage inside the paint.

Saying Jacks by 3, but I'm not confident.

Topic #51699 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Good preview Ben,

If Magnay plays JJs should get this, if not down to the wire and imo taipans by three.

I'm glad again that nbl put coaches back in their box because some of the loudest complainers sides haven’t done as well. Forde being one of them, I suppose he learned from Gleeson.

Reply #933580 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

JJs should have this, plenty of depth to get them through. Need Crawford to contribute though really... if not this game then for them to be a threat come finals

Taipans seem to get locked down easily and can't get out of the rut. They look best with both Sam's on court

Reply #933591 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

Wow both sides playing quality from the outset. Good game

Reply #933592 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

Miller goes off and it all falls apart for the taipans. If McCall is a shooting guard he'd be in the bottom three starters in the league

Reply #933594 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

Anyone else using Kayo and finding the feed super buggy?

Reply #933595 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Waardenburg and Kuol been average compared to last season, not much going right for Cairns, Lee and Doyle back to real good form.

Reply #933596 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

That offensive foul call on Kuol was rubbish, he's got the ball, Crawford has got both hands on his rib cage, Kuol moves the ball and gets called for the foul, rubbish.

Reply #933597 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

Jacks from start to finish by a healthy margin. Never challenged.

For me, not many takeaways really. The main one for me is that Magnay played 10-ish minutes and looked good.

Reply #933600 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Great to see Magnay healthy, him and Lee fit and out foul trouble make JJs a lot more formidable. Crawford, plus 17 and 7 assists, very good, Doyle back to form. All other players do what's required, easy win.

Cairns inconsistent in the same quarter, good, bad, good, you don’t win to many matches playing like that. McCall-21 and Armstrong -15 being their worst. They can beat United and then produce this game. Some of their players have regressed this season and McCall a media favourite and supposed super star been average at best.

Reply #933601 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:11 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754