Ben
Earlier this year

The Marketplace podcast

Wanted to shout this one out. If you're a podcast fiend and haven't listened to this yet, give it a go.

On the NBL Podcasts feed.

Being mid-season, I was sceptical about how good a pod would be about pending free agency and what not. Turns out it's really good, informative and to the point.

I joke about Olgun looking like Paul Bearer, but on this pod he speaks well and finesses a lot of well-sourced information about how teams are shaping up for the off-season.

Worth mentioning this one in particular as the other pods on the feed are susceptible to circle jerks or buffoons giving wonky takes just to be different.

Topic #51702 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

I thought it missed out on most of the players, only spoke about a few big names on teams, all others were not even mentioned, thought it was a waste of time. Talked Mccaron up as a super star but then said he had to get back to his United form, um that was three seasons ago. Basically they talked about their mates.

Reply #933583 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

My guess is that they're leaving some meat on the bone so they can continue the series through the rest of the season and beyond.

Reply #933589 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Hopefully Ben.

Reply #933598 | Report this post

JMS  
Earlier this year

Speculating McCarron to SEM which is a logical landing spot. I think unfortunately he's been poorly utilised at the 36ers and the big contract created unrealistic expectations. I still think Mitch can provide a great deal, leadership/passing/defence/rebounding and a few buckets but it has to be within the right system. At United he had the high volume scorers and floor spacers JLA, Ware, Goulding. The issue with SEM is they have no one that can consistently hit from outside. If they pickup McCarron it's essential they also add a 3/4 import scorer who can hit the triple.

Reply #933817 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Mccaron would be a very poor option for SEM, he's well past his best, Ware was gone by time Mccaron got to United. United also had a stacked team and Jla was a bench player with Landale being the starting five.

Reply #933825 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Earlier this year

Mitch and Casper played 1 season together, 2018-2019.

Reply #933840 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:37 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754