koberulz
Earlier this year

Kayo doesn't seem to be keeping games online anymore

There are no NBL from prior to late November or WNBL games prior to mid December available on Kayo. Just went back to look up a couple of older games and everything is gone.

Topic #51710 | Report this topic

Red ‘n’ blue  
Earlier this year

I gave kayo the big A about a year ago.they have gone to the rats

Reply #934338 | Report this post

hoopie  
Earlier this year

Weird, isn't it, that so many old games disappear.

Everyone in IT knows that storage costs are tiny and maintenance costs will be minimal after the games are made available, so nobody’s really losing money by keeping them available.

Reply #934339 | Report this post

koberulz  
Earlier this year

I kinda get them removing prior seasons, and NBA games not sticking around because obviously they want people to pay for league pass, but current-season NBL and WNBL content disappearing makes no sense. It's certainly not how they've operated in the past.

Reply #934341 | Report this post

LaPark  
Earlier this year

Previous games look to be available on the NBL website and app, so maybe part of the deal with Kayo is they're removed from Kayo once they're available from the NBL sources.

Reply #934342 | Report this post

AngusH  
Earlier this year

In past years I'm pretty sure Kayo kept much older games across multiple leagues, and now it's just basically the last few days. NBL is the only reason I keep paying for it (during the season).

Reply #934343 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Earlier this year

NBL must of told Kayo. Foxtel only keeps games from last season and this season. They got rid of 2021 season games.

But no past classic games. The nbl just pulled the pin and none work. You can still find the link. The whole NBL+ is meant to have them but they haven't done any work, it only has highlights.

The old standings are still wrong plus missing boxscores. The NBL seriously needs to resolve this issue and just fix season ladders, boxscores slowly overtime. They should fix by latest seasons and make 1979 season last since the older seasons are harder since no computer systems, just on books etc.

Reply #934346 | Report this post

koberulz  
Earlier this year

In past years I'm pretty sure Kayo kept much older games across multiple leagues, and now it's just basically the last few days.
The AFL used to go back years (haven't checked it lately, it might still), the NBL back to the previous season. But yeah, now it's a couple of weeks. Same with the WNBL, which doesn't have any alternative way of watching the games as far as I know.

Even in the NBL's case the versions uploaded to the website seem to be cut for time.

Reply #934347 | Report this post

Anon  
Earlier this year

Use VPN set as Singapore.
Full games on NBL YouTube. Can even watch live.

Reply #934348 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

I rip the games from YouTube via VPN (as mentioned in the above post).

Fuck all of these streaming services, they can't be relied upon. Create your own archive.

Reply #934352 | Report this post

Cram  
Earlier this year

Cancelling Kayo was the best move I've made. Overpriced and has little more than AFL/NRL anymore. Always streaming issues. Completely dropped the ball on the basketball world cup last year. Just shambles.

Reply #934359 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Earlier this year

I looked into VPN's. Doesn’t it cost money to set it to Singapore or is there a link that’s free?

Would be great to access NBL YouTube with all games live so I don’t have to keep games on my Foxtel using space. British Basketball League are so good how all their games are live on YouTube. When they did a streaming service it was shocking.

Reply #934364 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

There are free VPNs out there you can sign up to, like Tunnelbear or Windscribe, although they come with monthly data limits and the speed may not be sufficient for video streaming.

Reply #934467 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

What I have done personally is bought several paid services using ~100%/100%+ cashback offers, when these types of deals have been available from time to time, so it has cost me nothing.

Reply #934468 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

Pur3VPN 130% cashback at Shopback:

(Spam filter made me change the 'e' to a '3'.)

Reply #934828 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

https://www.shopback.com.au/pur3vpn

Change the '3' to a 'e'.

Reply #934829 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

NordVPN 98% cashback at Cashrewards:

https://www.cashrewards.com.au/store/nordvpn

(These are limited time only deals so grab them while you can.)

Reply #934830 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

NordVPN 100% cashback at TopCashback:

https://www.topcashback.com.au/nord-vpn/

Reply #935056 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:01 am, Tue 30 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754