Fri 7:00 - Sydney vs Canberra

Sat 6:30 - Townsville vs Adelaide
Sat 6:30 - Perth vs Bendigo

Sun 3:00 - Melbourne vs Southside

All times local

Topic #51730 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

Free general admission tickets are available on Ticketek for tomorrow's Lightning @ Flames clash.

Reply #934334 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

(Perthworld post copied from other thread)

Free general admission tickets are available on Ticketek for tomorrow's Lightning @ Flames clash.

Reply #934335 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

D'oh

Reply #934336 | Report this post

finals 995  
Earlier this year

Maybe Swain plays for Flames this round?

Reply #934356 | Report this post

Footloose  
Earlier this year

They could use her, although a more dynamic PG would probably help more, or a 4

Reply #934366 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Be interesting to see swain this week, a very good SG, probably our best prospect in that position.

Big boost for the Flames playoff push if she is back in action

Reply #934392 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Flyers, please bench LJ for the 2nd half if you don't need her.

Reply #934394 | Report this post

Cool Howie  
Earlier this year

Why was there a game on at 3pm today??

Reply #934398 | Report this post

DMc  
Earlier this year

Cool Howie
Within the hour

And why did nobody tell the Bendigo Spirit?! (I assume they only turned up at quarter time?)

Reply #934402 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Flyers, please bench LJ for the 2nd half if you don't need her.

Thanks Cheryl! (I didn't even realise you visited this place)

Yeah, good question. Horrible time on a work day.

Reply #934405 | Report this post

Arky  
Earlier this year

But a brilliant time to take children to on school holidays, which is what I did today.

Reply #934408 | Report this post

SamCro  
Earlier this year

Spirit absolutely awful today & appeared to give next to no effort which is bitterly disappointing considering their recent form.

Reply #934415 | Report this post

+  
Earlier this year

can anyone explain how that was not a foul on Madgen in 2nd quarter -Adelaide kick ahead pass to ? Tonks in front court outside 3pt line - Sydney player came across court and intercepted the pass but decked the Adelaide player in the process - yes they were both going for ball (Adel player had position) - but if the pass is going to one player in a clear line and another comes in from the side and bumps the receiving player to the ground as they steal it - surely a foul ?

Reply #934428 | Report this post

Bluey  
Earlier this year

I wondered the same thing +

Reply #934431 | Report this post

DMc  
Earlier this year

Sure looked like a foul to me. Stars getting the benefit of the whistle seems to be more prominent in the WNBL this year?

Reply #934446 | Report this post

koberulz  
Earlier this year

I'm more curious about the shot clock violation Sydney committed despite hitting the rim with a shot.

Reply #934459 | Report this post

Hoopin’ in the burbs  
Earlier this year

Spirit not turning up (at all) early was disappointing yesterday but a great Flyers performance. Sydney however keeping themselves in the finals race. This top 5 has a lot of drama to come. Flyers still need to play sydney twice (must win that series) and Townsville, Perth and the Boomers once more. All likely to be tough games. Outcomes will either solidify, or set up a fall from grace as all losses costly at this point. Perth/townsville series both at 1-1. Given how close the ladder is, those outcome will no doubt impact ladder position too.

Reply #934460 | Report this post

Footloose  
Earlier this year

anyone have an update on Zahui B?

Reply #934498 | Report this post

Hoopin’ in the burbs  
Earlier this year

Looked like a calf? So you would think 2-3 weeks as a minimum. If it's more serious, I wonder if they would look to replace her. Surely we hear about it soon. They play tomorrow I think.

Reply #934531 | Report this post

Cool Howie  
Earlier this year

Megan McKay has joined the Boomers as an injury replacement. Superb signing.

Reply #934542 | Report this post

Wnblfan  
Earlier this year

Got to hand it to the Boomers organisation for always looking for injury replacements. I believe that's how Goodchild got into the league on return from college and how Mitchell returned to playing. Great to see a player the calibre of Meg in the league.

Reply #934545 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Earlier this year

No swain again...

Reply #934555 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Melbourne is having a mare by the look of the boxscore

Reply #934559 | Report this post

Footloose  
Earlier this year

Caps are struggling & Flames are having themselves a day, bad combo

Reply #934561 | Report this post

Footloose  
Earlier this year

Melbourne did go off with a Physio or someone early in this quarter

Reply #934563 | Report this post

Cosmo Spacely  
Earlier this year

Crazy Jade is back . Havent seen her for a while. Looks like Veal has hooked her.

Reply #934565 | Report this post

finals 995  
Earlier this year

Sydney giving one of their best performances tonight. A good time in the season to do so. Didi Richards has definitely found some great form over the last few games, but no-one on their roster played badly.

Reply #934599 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Another solid game by Madgen last night

Reply #934608 | Report this post

Footloose  
Earlier this year

Adelaide are up by 11 with 2 and a half minutes to go up in Townsville!!

Reply #934631 | Report this post

Wnblfan  
Earlier this year

Hopefully the Borlase injury and Melbourne i juries are minor!

Izzy Bourne having a great game!

Reply #934632 | Report this post

Footloose  
Earlier this year

Bourne was great (apart from some costly turnovers), Mansfield was awesome!

Reply #934633 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Onya Lightning.
And yeah, fingers firmly crossed for Borlase.

Reply #934634 | Report this post

Tired Weevil  
Earlier this year

Definitely did not expect that result. Is this round cursed or something? Jackson, Melbourne, and Borlase all named in Opals squad and all three now injured.

Reply #934635 | Report this post

Footloose  
Earlier this year

Good to see Spirit bounce back from their shocker on Wednesday

Reply #934638 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Perth have been getting progressively worse since losing Aari. Opponents have worked us out.

Reply #934642 | Report this post

Footloose  
Earlier this year

Pretty big out to be fair Luuuc

Reply #934643 | Report this post

SamCro  
Earlier this year

Spirit bounce back to their most recent strong form & absolutely punch the Lynx in the mouth at home. Kraker hot from the 3 point line & Ally Wilson throwing a career high 13 assists!

Reply #934644 | Report this post

koberulz  
Earlier this year

No sign of either of tonight's games on 9Now.

Reply #934649 | Report this post

JD14  
Earlier this year

Anyone have an update on what Melbourne's injury is? Maybe a minor calf train or ankle twinge I thought? That is definitely why she sat out the second half.

Reply #934650 | Report this post

Wnblfan  
Earlier this year

I think it is a calf strain, judging by the tape that has appeared on her leg for most of the season. Wonder if Coach Veal will rest her with caps having 3 games in 6 days pre the opals departure.

The press conferences from last nights game are well worth a watch! Anneli's frank assessment of the Lynx, Coach Kereama observation on A Frol’s broken nose.

Reply #934658 | Report this post

finals 995  
Earlier this year

Hopefully we'll get updated about these injuries to Opal squad members in todays massive clash. At least we might hear the extent of LJ's injury.

Reply #934659 | Report this post

SamCro  
Earlier this year

WNBL Fan - where do you watch the WNBL Press Conference from last night's Lynx Vs Spirit game?

Reply #934664 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWXSvIReGhHV9R9OfA3f5mso0wuTTOLFX&feature=shared

Reply #934666 | Report this post

SamCro  
Earlier this year

Thanks PerthWorld.

Reply #934670 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Earlier this year

Good to see LJ hitting some form.
Blicavs needs to find hers again...

Reply #934713 | Report this post

SamCro  
Earlier this year

Blicavs physical conditioning is not what it once was which is contributing to her highly inconsistent form. Don't forget she didn’t play basketball at all in the offseason & came into this WNBL season out of shape.

Reply #934717 | Report this post

Tired Weevil  
Earlier this year

Entertaining game between Boomers and Southside. Almost got through the whole round without having to listen to Montesano squawking.

Reply #934732 | Report this post

Wnblfan  
Earlier this year

Agree, it was a very entertaining game, right down to the last possession. Great to see Meg McKay on the court and LJ play a solid 25 minutes. Puoch's drop in minutes is a little concerning, but I’m not sure where more would fit in Chamber’s rotations.

Reply #934741 | Report this post

Axel889  
Earlier this year

@Wnblfan - Anneli's frank assessment of the Lynx. I watched the interview. I dunno what others think, but from an outsider looking in, Maley seems like a lot hard work. There was definitely no love lost when she broke Froling's nose (even if it was an accident) - her teammate from last season and didn't even go to see if she was OK. A Wilson also getting in her face after an And-1 play. She only ever plays one season at a club before moving on to the next... says a lot.

Reply #934764 | Report this post

SamCro  
Earlier this year

Definitely no love lost between Froling & Maley, apparently after the broken nose incident Maley was laughing on the court which definitely angered the Spirit players on the court at that time. Let's not forget that the Spirit are actually still contributing to Maley’s salary at the Lynx so in essence the Spirit actually paid for Maley to go elsewhere & play basketball. Probably that type of action really speaks for itself...

Reply #934776 | Report this post

Grimace  
Earlier this year

She was laughing because the ref's got two blatantly wrong charge calls in a row. It was a charge. She new it was a charge the crowd did too. But it was a make up call for the poor call the play before on the other end.

Reply #934777 | Report this post

Bigboy  
Earlier this year

Ever since midway or so through her second yeah with the Spirit she seemed to change and like others have said, seems like a real lot to deal with (Maley).

Reply #934778 | Report this post

DMc  
Earlier this year

WNBL is a small community where everyone knows everyone (or at least knows someone who knows them), so if she had a reputation as being 'a lot to deal with' then I don't see how she would have been voted in as Captain by her teammates first year at a new club.
Not saying she's loved by everyone, just that I doubt she is universally disliked.

Reply #934781 | Report this post

Wnblfan  
Earlier this year

I was more referring to normally in the media, fans will get the one liner from the press conference that a Captain has said something like "we didn't play *insert team name* basketball and we need to focus on doing that for 40 mins". By being able to watch the press conference you get greater insight into their perspectives on the game, their performance and team.

Reply #934804 | Report this post

QuokkaWoylie  
Earlier this year

I know its late but just to back up what DMc said above, I can't see Wilson having a big problem if she played 3x3 Gangurrus with Maley and Whittle. Not the only connection between the two teams either.

Reply #935011 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754