Ben
Earlier this year

Bullets @ Taipans - Sun 21st Jan

Tips 4pm NSW/VIC.

Difficult to see Brisbane bouncing back after being embarrassed in Perth on Friday.

But on the other hand, Cairns are a true Hekyll and Jekyll side.

Cairns by 10.

Topic #51745 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Winner will go a long way to a finals position, be nice if Prather plays, hopefully Zikarsky as well. Forde controlling of the refs with his sideline antics could be the difference. Bullets had a good year, just can't see them in it after the cats belting. Cairns by 18.

Reply #934663 | Report this post

Havachat  
Earlier this year

Forde controlling the Refs ????. We have not won a foul count or a free throw count Home or away. In fact the betting in Cairns is that the Refs will break the free throw record in cairns today.
No home cooking here. especially if Mayberry is the Ref.

Reply #934672 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

SuNsHiNe StOuSh time folks!

Depsite 1,700kms separating the teams, this 'local' rivalry is going to be fiery for sure! That's why it's called 'Sunshine Stoush' !!!!!

Reply #934709 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Earlier this year

Could this be the most distaant intra-state rivalry in the world?

Reply #934710 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

I would say so:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first-level_administrative_divisions_by_area

Reply #934712 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

Missed the pregame... Why no zikarsky?

And what's with menninga getting minimal minutes despite them getting flogged in the paint? Bizarre from forde?!

Reply #934716 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Is the shit my pants on here by Brisbane

Reply #934718 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Well that's a no, Baynes certainly playing well. Fouls and free throws all in favour of Cairns.

Reply #934719 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Love it Baynes

Reply #934720 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Earlier this year

Havachat

Fouls Cairns 19 / Brisbane 23
Free throws Cairns 28 / Brisbane 20

Have a nice day

Reply #934721 | Report this post

Havachat  
Earlier this year

Sebastian,
One of the better Reffed games i have seen, They called what they saw (for a Change)
But as i have said the stats will always give you a clearer picture of the game.
Cairns lost because they turned the ball over too often, resulting in easy buckets for the Bullets, they were out rebounded on the offensive end by 18 to 6
and Brisbane shot the three ball very well.
Cairns did not play well, and were always behind. Brisbane really did not need any help, so the refs let them play ( although Baynes and Sobey will win academy awards if they ever get Nominated).
But if home cooking is reffed like that every time, I be happy to accept the result.
And I always have a nice Day.
I just refuse to get in a fight with Idiots, As they just bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

Reply #934722 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

Difficult to see Brisbane bouncing back after being embarrassed in Perth on Friday.

Ye of little faith.

Blanks are in the top four now.

Reply #934723 | Report this post

CT  
Earlier this year

Did the constant booing of Baynes come across in the broadcast? it probably worked against the Taipans in the end because he was fired up by the end of the game

Reply #934724 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Earlier this year

Stats refute your narrative oops

Reply #934726 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

If brizzie is the fourth best team in the league then the league is in a sad state

Nothing against the bullets but the roster they put out should be no chance of playoffs in a normal year for the second best league in the world

Reply #934727 | Report this post

Knowall  
Earlier this year

The bullets are fourth due to the generosity of the officiating earlier in the season.

Reply #934728 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

JJs proved the last two seasons that you don't need the best roster to be very competitive, you don’t win it but you can play finals. You just need smart coaching and players wanting to play team defence and a lot luck re injuries.

Reply #934729 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Earlier this year

"Nothing against the bullets but the roster they put out should be no chance of playoffs in a normal year for the second best league in the world."

And I don't imagine they'd make the Euroleague playoffs. But they're a team with decent talent, good role players and very good depth that is playing hard. That gives you a chance to finish in the top half of the NBL every year.

Reply #934731 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

That gives you a chance to make finals in nearly al national leagues around the world, not only nbl. Most leagues have a few teams with big money but the rest like the nbl rely on good local and imports.

Reply #934733 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

Brisbane = Fugase

And yes, the constant Baynes booing came through on the broadcast. Heh, mildy amusing as he was raised in Cairns for secondary schooling and subsequently played a fair bit of ball up there.

Reply #934736 | Report this post

Havachat  
Earlier this year

Hey Seb,
I see you fit the criteria perfectly.
Must be fun in your head

Reply #934739 | Report this post

Scout  
Earlier this year

Was a double foul called on Baynes Mayen? thought there was - refs handled it well

Reply #934740 | Report this post

Statman84  
Earlier this year

@Scout - yes just a double foul. Agreed, they handled it perfectly.

People will always knock the refs, but there have been specific situations when they have let common-sense take over and made the right call e.g. this one.

Wouldn't be surprised if Forde put Mayen up to it, take one for the team, hold his arms and rile Baynes up like he did in Brisbane.

Reply #934757 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

I've been a defender of refs in previous seasons, the season they have been average but the last few weeks have had marked improvement, the game is much better flowing .

Reply #934759 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754