Damo 75
Earlier this year

36ers vs Taipans, Jan 27

Taipans welcome back Waardenburg and Klintman but lose Mennenga.

Cairns with a lot to play for with the chance of moving up to 4th by the end of the weekend.

Do Adelaide have the motivation to go undefeated the rest of the season and keep their anorexic playoff hopes alive?

Taipans by 8.

Topic #51757 | Report this topic

KET  
Earlier this year

Absolutely critical game for 36ers as Cairns are in the coveted 6th spot.

In a sense all games left for them are, I guess, but the longer they can fight til their season is killed the better.

Keep the hope going in the team for as long as possible!

Reply #935055 | Report this post

EssenX  
Earlier this year

I'm hoping Adelaide can steal this and make the table incredibly tight.

Reply #935059 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

I'm thinking the same essenx. Cairns also have the chance of slipping to 8th or even 9th if they lose. Cue forde blaming anyone other than him and his players! He's turned into this seasons buford!

Reply #935061 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Should be a good test for Sixers, true indication of where they are at. Cairns hot and cold but still dangerous. Hopefully great contest and refs let them play. If the good Cairns turn up they up probably get this by two.

Reply #935064 | Report this post

EssenX  
Earlier this year

Adelaide will now win this because Dunkman said otherwise. Sorry, Dunkman.

Reply #935065 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

Agreed, 36ers are in test and experiment mode at the moment, it will really inform next season more than anything else

Reply #935066 | Report this post

LaPark  
Earlier this year

Wiley and Flowers are back for this one, so will be interesting to see how someone like Galloway does from here.

Reply #935067 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

I'd be very happy if Sixers won, yes I’m horrible at picking winners, :::))))

Reply #935069 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

If Kell could play like this for a full season he'd be first on your recruiting list. Ninnis has so far done a fine job with this side.

Reply #935081 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Marshall starting to show he's got what it takes as well at both ends.

Reply #935082 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Horrible call, block all day.

Reply #935083 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Humphries is the Australian five in the world bar none. Liking what Sixers are doing, they have the nucleus of an excellent team with out to many changes

Reply #935084 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Best Australian ^^^^

Reply #935085 | Report this post

hoopie  
Earlier this year

Can Cairns afford to sack Forde if they miss the play-ins?

Reply #935086 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Earlier this year

Maybe in the press conference after losing by 17 Forde could complain about the foul count and free throw attempts... yeah nah

Reply #935087 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Very solid performance by Sixers, I can't see them playing finals but it’s been a remarkable turnaround. Cairns got get the chip off their shoulders, maybe stop believing some of the media hype their players have, no finals for them either.

Reply #935088 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

That's a telling interview with DJV at the end

Reply #935089 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

What was the crowd number?

Reply #935090 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

What was the crowd number?

Reply #935091 | Report this post

Rhino  
Earlier this year

Announcer said 9400

What was said in the post match?

Reply #935092 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Earlier this year

9471 was the crowd number I think.

Seemed to be a heap of empty seats.

Reply #935094 | Report this post

Rhino  
Earlier this year

Loads of empty seats. We moved down from back row and there were almost entirely empty rows nearby.

Reply #935096 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

Forde has made excuses for his players all season so guess what... when he tries to hold them accountable they won't respond. He's not the first to find this out the hard way

Reply #935099 | Report this post

LaPark  
Earlier this year

@Rhino

DJV said Ninnis deserves another year after how well he turned the team around from where they were.

Reply #935108 | Report this post

Rhino  
Earlier this year

@lLaPark

Thank you.

Reply #935109 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

Yep - big statement to make

I think he also said "Adelaide's home now"

Reply #935112 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Earlier this year

@Dunkman Marshall showed last season he could play, but for some unknown reason CJ parked him on bench this year, set him back a bit.

Reply #935124 | Report this post

Twinkletoes  
Earlier this year

Forde has made excuses for his players all season so guess what... when he tries to hold them accountable they won't respond. He's not the first to find this out the hard way

It's rubbish to say Forde has made excuses for his players all season. The majority of his after game press conferences have been similar to the last night's press conference. If the team has played poorly he says it straight out and he generally offers good insights to what he was thinking during the game.

Yes, he took aim at the refs (rightly or wrongly) a couple of games ago but that was after 2 games in a row of a very high foul counts and he isn't the first coach to complain about them. I suspect a few of the coaches were quite happy to see him make those comments as the number of fouls called per game has been an issue all season.

The Taipans have been playing 3 players down in the last 3 games. They managed to have a very good win in Illawarra but haven't been able to replicate that in the last 2 games. Klintman, in particular, has been a big loss as he provides energy and a point of difference. I also think the team has just about run out of gas. It has been a tough season, schedule wise, with the NBA trip being a bit of a disaster health wise and playing wise and then in December they had 5 double headers in a row to catch up the games missed (going from having played the least amount of games in the season to then having played the most amount of games in the season) and injuries have messed with the on court continuity.

The poster who suggested Forde's job could be in danger was surely joking. They have still won 11 games which is probably about or above what most people were expecting and it is a very young team.

Reply #935146 | Report this post

Beantown  
Earlier this year

I'm not having a crack at Forde, because I think you’re right, he has been a good coach. But I do think Cairns deserves a lot of the foul calls against them. They remind me of the old Goorjian teams where they hold, push and reach in on every play and dare the refs to call it. Unfortunately it works quite often because refs know the audience don’t want to see a free throw parade!

Reply #935156 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

Agreed Beantown.

And on the other side of things Cairns are so flop-happy that it makes it hard to call offensive fouls because their reactions aren't in any way shape or form trust worthy.

Reply #935157 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Totally agree with last two posts

Reply #935159 | Report this post

Twinkletoes  
Earlier this year

My post wasn't really about whether Forde was justified or not in having a go at the refs (I did say rightly or wrongly) it was addressing the claim that Forde had been making excuses for his players all season which is simply not correct.

As I said, Forde is not the only coach to have expressed his frustration with the refereeing. John Rillie has just done that regarding Cotton. I think it's the lack of consistency that upsets people.

For the record, I agree that Cairns style of defence tends to lead to being fouled more often and I also think that the players could tidy up their interaction with the refs and Forde could tone down his interaction with the refs.

Reply #935161 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Earlier this year

Can we please stop the gimmick of crowd standing at start of 3rd qtr until opposition score. This have never been an Adelaide thing. For the last however many games the court announces trots it out the opposition has had first possession to start the half and has scored easily in the possession every time. The crowd standing hasn't helped Sixers get a stop yet so what is the point of it?

Reply #935244 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Earlier this year

Fan engagement champ

Reply #935247 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Earlier this year

Fan engagement? Most the crowd only do it to be polite.

Reply #935268 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Earlier this year

Refer above..but they do it

Reply #935276 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

Can they do other fan engagement? That particular one sucks and they need to stop trying to make it happen

Reply #935277 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:31 am, Tue 30 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754