Dunkman
Earlier this year

Wildcats vs Phoenix, Jan 27

Cats looking to bounce back after bad loss, Phoenix looking to try and stay competitive, they actually look better without Browne and Nader. Hoping for a good game, cats should be far to strong though by less than twenty, cross fingers.

Topic #51758 | Report this topic

Dafence  
Earlier this year

Dunkman's curse strikes again!
Surely, after his prediction, Phoenix are in the box seat.

Reply #935079 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

What a circle jerk between commentary and their boy Tommy Greer pre-game. Ugh.

Reply #935093 | Report this post

Dorito  
Earlier this year

Anyone else find Joel Peterson's calling annoying, it's like he thinks he's calling an AFL game.

Reply #935095 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Clear foul by Sarr on Stattman

Reply #935097 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

While they trail by 12 at the quarter, SEM showed early when they play team, even with this side they are formidable, went to iso and fell behind.

Reply #935098 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Sarr having fun out there tonight :)

Reply #935100 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Te rangi is a horrible defender, Sarr just to big, got ugly fast.

Reply #935101 | Report this post

Just  
Earlier this year

Sarr back on the bench already? I don't know why he doesn't get more minutes. Maybe related to his injury, but even pre-injury I think he deserved more minutes.

Reply #935102 | Report this post

Just  
Earlier this year

Sarr back on playing alongside Pinder which is nice to see. And he has a 3 point play already...

Reply #935103 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Enjoyable game, Sarr and Pinder together could be the combination to beat United, Sarr length on Jla could nullify him.

Reply #935104 | Report this post

MaxM  
Earlier this year

Sarr was absolutely blowing when he came out. Was just gassed. No Doolittle for the first 7 mins of the second quarter tho?

Reply #935105 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Not lot D being played, enjoyable game though.

Reply #935106 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Sarr was absolutely blowing when he came out. Was just gassed.

Is known for having a tiny tank. Even worse after a few weeks out of action.

Reply #935107 | Report this post

Anon  
Earlier this year

Cotton cleaned up mid air on a floater, no call...

Reply #935110 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

As much as I love watching bryce cotton this talk of him being mvp is rubbish. Shooting percentage way below his peers and appalling 3pt %. Creek easily the better player this season not to mention lamb and pjc both better also. Let's not pick based on history

Reply #935111 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

Don't mean to derail game chat but just heard him mentioned as mvp candidate

Reply #935113 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Candidate lol.
One below average round doesn't erase what he has done prior to that.

Reply #935114 | Report this post

Anon  
Earlier this year

Walks under BC landing space, no call, creek straight through wagstaff, gets the call.... even gaze saying they should have gone the other way... ref's making a game of it

Reply #935115 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Kelly should certainly coach SEM next season, as Gaze said, nbl1 team and competing.

Reply #935116 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

One below average round?? What have you been watching? He's shooting 40% & 34% for the season

Throwing up lots of shots to average 25pts doesn't make an mvp

Reply #935117 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Lol ok

Reply #935118 | Report this post

MaxM  
Earlier this year

Kolzee how about almost 30 points per game from Round 5 onwards? At 45% shooting.

Reply #935119 | Report this post

Anon  
Earlier this year

So overturn the call... creek should have been a charge too. How about oxwells reach in?

Reply #935120 | Report this post

Dafence  
Earlier this year

Spot on Kolzee.
Will Magnay is the real MVP
He is 70% from the field.

Reply #935121 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

Maxm - I thought it's a season award? Or do you get to pick which rounds are considered?!

Reply #935122 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

The idea that Cotton's only value out there is his points and FG% stats is pretty laughable, yeah.

Reply #935123 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

OK luuuc, throw assists in the mix and he's further off the pace. Take your blinkers off! Creek clearly outperforming. You can't argue with that

Reply #935125 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

I can't only assume you're a cats fan

Reply #935126 | Report this post

Anon  
Earlier this year

BC is like you don't call any lottle hands fouls, now when I get a wide open layup, you call it.

Reply #935127 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

If you started watching the league 2 days ago then yep, no question.

Personally I'm not sure how "valuable" a player is who carries their team to dead last but YMMV.

Great fight from SEM today. If it wasn't for Sarr bullying undersized scrubs this could have gone very badly for the Cats.
Ultimately any road win is a good win but we suddenly look out of sorts.

Reply #935128 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

That's weird, I thought you said if you didn't count the start of the season then BC is mvp. Now you're saying if you only watched the last two days he wouldn't be! Sounds like you're trying to capture a 10 day sample when he was the best player!!!

Reply #935129 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Creek would be up there in the mvp voting but Cotton clearly the best player in the league with Creek and a few others close behind.
Very enjoyable game and well reffed, games that flow are so much better, and yes they did get some calls wrong for both sides.

Reply #935131 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

That's weird, I thought you said if you didn't count the start of the season then BC is mvp.

Considering everything I've said is right here in black & white, how about you start by telling me why you "thought" I said something I never said.

*That's* weird.

Last time I looked, MVP took into account the entirety of the regular season.

Reply #935132 | Report this post

koberulz  
Earlier this year

That hasn't been true for years, the final 2-3 weeks never count.

Reply #935133 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

Mate you've tied yourself in knots with what you think should and shouldn't be considered!

The point is, mvp should be the best player in the league for the season and to date this hasn't been cotton. Even you wint argue with that

We will see whether by seasons end he's caught up

Reply #935139 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Earlier this year

It's for the most valuable player, not necessarily the 'best’.

Bryce’s production, how important (valuable) he is to the teams success have him in the convo every year.

Also, they win a lot. Winning is pretty important. Creek unlucky to be playing for a club that can’t keep his teammates on the floor every year.

Reply #935148 | Report this post

Knowall  
Earlier this year

It's the MVP most valuable player. Not best player. The player that helps his team secure a win. Cotton has helped h is team win more than any other. Creek unlucky ain’t won shit...ain’t no MVP.

Reply #935150 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Mate you've tied yourself in knots with what you think should and shouldn't be considered!

You haven't pointed to a single conflict in anything I've claimed. You're just ranting like a mindless knob at this point.

Maybe stick with just expressing your own opinions and leave mine alone since you're having such trouble comprehending them.

The point is, mvp should be the best player in the league for the season

What you think MVP should be is actually irrelevant to how the voters will vote, just FYI. So no, that's not actually what the point is.

Reply #935151 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Earlier this year

I can't see anyone being in contention other than Cotton and Goulding. Those are the most influential players on the two best teams.

Cotton had a poor start but has been extremely good since with only one team really able to stop him. Goulding's high-volume efficiency has been ridiculous, and he is clearly the leading +/- guy on the top team.

Reply #935152 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

The best team's best player is always the correct starting point IMO.

Reply #935155 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

What's with this rubbish about how the MVP should be from the winning team.

It's part of the pop fan culture that have led to the player of the game only being from the winning team!

Anyone who knows the game at all knows the best player in a game can be in the losing side. But happy watching to those fans that think otherwise!

Reply #935207 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

Anonymightymouse you hit the nail on the head with efficiency. That is the measure that should count above almost all else

Pop fans love players scoring 25 pts per game even if it takes 20 attempts per game to get it!

Reply #935208 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

"The best team's best player is always the correct starting point IMO."

Luuuc you thought cotton should be mvp last year! As I say you've just contradicted yourself over and over

Reply #935209 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

Brian Wethers says hi.

Reply #935211 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Brian Wethers says hi.

Exactly. That went down like a lead balloon, and despite happening 20 years ago is still referenced regularly because it was so questionable.

As I say you've just contradicted yourself over and over

Your comprehension fails are not my problem. Still waiting for you to point to even one contradiction.

Reply #935215 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Btw, Kolzee, Creek is paying $34 for MVP atm.
Get on it and get rich before everyone else finds out and the price crashes.

Reply #935216 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

"Still waiting for you to point to even one contradiction."

All good mate, I just did and you conveniently overlooked it.

But I can only guess you're a cats supporter from your comments so it's not like you're gonna see it objectively or even with some rationale

The good thing is cotton won it when he deserved and didn't last year also when several others were better

Will be interesting to see whether he can improve his efficiency for the rest of the season and claim it

Reply #935218 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Earlier this year

"What's with this rubbish about how the MVP should be from the winning team."

As a general rule, a great player whose performances are leading his team to wins is more valuable than a great player who isn't. What value is the latter providing, improving their team's percentage?

Now I'm more than happy for a player from a lower team to win MVP if they lead their team to an overachieving year, but there is no overachieving team this season, so I think MVP should come from the top two who are well ahead of the back.

Reply #935220 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Earlier this year

To be fair if you look at the entire season then Cotton for MVP makes a lot of sense. He had a stinker of a start to the season (5 rounds worth) however he has then turned it on and is absolutely killing the competition to the point its brought his team from the bottom to second on the ladder right on the heels of United, this is showing how valuable he is to the team.

You cant eliminate a player from MVP contention for underperforming for a small part of it, there is no player who has played well every single game. Cotton will be a deserving winner should he be awarded the MVP and I think his peers from around the league wouldn't disagree with him.

Reply #935235 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

I mostly agree big fudge but also mvps generally deliver when the team needs them.

And part of my earlier point which some others didn't appreciate is that in perths loss to hawks last round cotton shot 2/12 which counts against him.

And if you compare that to creek vs kings when he won the game for them that puts him up the ladder

Cotton being as classy as he is will probably make up ground by seasons end but at this point in the season he's trailing imo

Reply #935264 | Report this post

Grimace  
Earlier this year

If you are using the method that they use for MVP's you have to remember how much fitness plays into it.
1-2-3-4-5 for each game. So by that metric Mitch Creek missed probably about as many games cotton had a stinker.
If we use the "player of the games" as a general idea of who gets the 4/5 in each game I would say cotton has more.
The winningest teams will also be more likely to have top votes for their players

Reply #935273 | Report this post

koberulz  
Earlier this year

If you are using the method that they use for MVP's you have to remember how much fitness plays into it.
1-2-3-4-5 for each game.
They haven't used that system in years (and that's not how it worked when they did).

And part of my earlier point which some others didn't appreciate is that in perths loss to hawks last round cotton shot 2/12 which counts against him.

And if you compare that to creek vs kings when he won the game for them that puts him up the ladder
Well yes, if you compare Cotton's worst game to Creek's best game, Creek looks better. What's your point?

Reply #935280 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:47 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754