Topic #51770 | Report this topic

a5ian nbl fan  
Two months ago

I'd start Galloway over Willey.
But I reckon Mccaron dech cadee won't be at adl and maybe a few others

Reply #935425 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

How much of the hate for McCarron is because he's a scapegoat for the poor direction and coaching?

I don’t think we ever saw the best of MMM; had we seen it, then maybe he might have been worth the money. I put much of it down to that lack of quality coaching and CJ’s poor use of the squad in general.

Reply #935447 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

I'd like to see Starling back - I like what he brings to the Sixers

Reply #935587 | Report this post

LaPark  
Two months ago

HS article today

"Adelaide's efforts to extend star centre Isaac Humphries’ stay in the City of Churches have hit a snag after talks on a new deal reached a stalemate.
Crosscourt has been told the Sydney-born big man and the 36ers were "miles apart" on money and Humphries broke off talks with the Sixers late last month.
He is now planning to test the free agency market"

Says they'll meet again once FA opens, but not surprisingly they'll need to open the cheque book big time to keep him. 36ers were probably offering him $ for his CJ level of play and he's turned that around massively since Ninnis came on board.

Reply #935908 | Report this post

KET  
Two months ago

Le shit

Reply #935912 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

I feel for Sixers fans but Humphries would knows he's in the box seat.

Reply #935914 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

know*

Reply #935915 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Sixers have been good for Humphries, unless they are totally low balling him, it be nice to get early decision.

Reply #935916 | Report this post

Beantown  
Two months ago

Hopefully the Sixers can keep Isaac, but they don't want to overpay too much. He gets exposed in pick and roll defence by teams like Tassie time and again. I'd want to know that the coach can develop a defensive plan that can keep him on the floor against all teams before they pay top dollar.

In the same vein, we saw against Brisbane the drawback of running Kell as the point guard - he can't guard really quick, agile guards like Sobey, so someone else has to do it and no-one could! Marshall got torched early and none of Dech, McCarron or Cadee was able to stick with him either.

Some tough decisions to make on Isaac and the two impots that could make or break next season. I would be ok with Kell coming back still, but I think I'm out on Wiley. He had one very good month, but then got injured again and has come back to earth with a thud. Couldn't even cleanly handle the ball against Brisbane!

I feel like Galloway and Starling can cover most of what Wiley offers between them and would rather get a guy like Marcus Lee, who I think hasn't fit in Tassie and could be interested if you guaranteed him more than 20 mins a game off the bench.

Reply #935932 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Could Wiley play the five spot if Humphries doesn't come back ? Galloway will need to improve defensively a lot. DJV was calling for Cleveland.

Reply #935939 | Report this post

Beantown  
Two months ago

No way Wiley can play the 5 if the Sixers want to actually have any sort of deterrent at the basket. He's just not big enough. He’s strictly a 4 whose agility allows him to do a decent job defending out on the perimeter.

Reply #936014 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last month

Interesting to hear Ninnis on the Brad & Boti podcast saying he's not against going with 2 imports again next year if they can get a 3rd big name Aussie to pair with Humphries and DJV (and mentioned he has a few names in mind on that front).

Reply #937169 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

It's smart, you also free up marquee places, so less on the cap.

Reply #937184 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last month

Makes sense instead of paying tax.

Reply #937191 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Most third imports haven't been great either.

Reply #937196 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last month

Ninnis also made the point if you go with 2 imports you've got a broader recruiting spot spare if you get hit by an injury. And in terms of pure talent level I imagine you've got a better chance of getting a good import at a later stage of the year than a good local signing (like when we got Ian Clark last year). Not every day you end up with a DJV falling in your laps part-way through a season.

Also good to hear he's made a big point of targeting SA players. He was very vocal about missing out on Lachlan Olbrich and said they've now got every single Adelaide born player on a US College team on their radars (I don't know how many players that is though) and also spoke about going to the Australian Under 20 Championships as well to scout as well.

Reply #937200 | Report this post

KET  
Last month

Putting aside a bit of scepticism as to whether Scott is a finals coach, I feel like he is saying all the right things.

Focus on Humphries, tick. Focus on Galloway, tick. Focus on avoiding the rotating door, tick. Focus on not losing *good* locals interstate, tick.

I think it's a given that if you can score import level Aussies, that’s better. The tough part is there’s not usually many out of contract and when they are the competition is super high with premium cost.

What are the high level Aussies out of contract this year? WMW?

Reply #937210 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Hunter
Bolden
Kuol
Moller
LoBuluk
Lee from Korea, not import
JLA, his option on contract
WMW
Drimic
At quick glance, some very good team structure players there, Glover is under contract but might leave.

Reply #937213 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last month

Humphries locked away for 3 years.

Got two local building blocks locked in with DJV and Humphries now. That's a good start to rebuilding the team.

Reply #937238 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last month

Dunkman, the ones I'd chase are Moller, Lee and WMW

Reply #937244 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

@ hoopie, any of those three would be icing on the cake with DJV and Humphries. Add a quality import point guard with the same type in the 2/3 spot and looking very good.
Import, Cadee
Dejan, Dech
Import, Marshal
Moller, Starling , Galloway
Humphries, Galloway

Reply #937247 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

@ hoopie, any of those three would be icing on the cake with DJV and Humphries. Add a quality import point guard with the same type in the 2/3 spot and looking very good.
Import, Cadee
Dejan, Dech
Import, Marshal
Moller, Starling , Galloway
Humphries, Galloway

Reply #937248 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

I don't think WMW would be available, between bullets and breakers, possibly kings all chasing.

Reply #937249 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Last month

was reported in the Advertiser recently that Galloway has said he will only sign somewhere where he will be starting.
unsure of their source.

Reply #937250 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Last month

Dunkman, you might be surprised.

Reply #937251 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last month

You'd think Galloway would be ready to start anyway. Good balance next to Humphries.

Reply #937252 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Humphries needs a highly active defender next to him, I'm not certain Galloway covers that.

Reply #937253 | Report this post

KET  
Last month

I'm not sure if Dech returns (even though under contract).

I’d be happy with the below plus a bench big that could be an import and some sort of scoring backup SG. Even bring Starling back.

This would mean a reliance on hitting put imports obviously.

C Humphries/
F Galloway/
F Import/Marshall
G DJV/
G Import/Cadee

Reply #937256 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last month

Not so sure Galloway is a starter on a good team at this stage although he has potential.

I also wouldn't keep Wiley - good guy and player but poor fit next to Humphries.

Reply #937257 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:32 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754