Dunkman
Two months ago

Kings at Sixers

Should be a cracker, both sides show a lot last start. The best thing for me will probably to tip once I know the result :::))))

Topic #51774 | Report this topic

LoveBroker  
Two months ago

Big game with Hogg and Galloway back for Sydney.

Reply #935460 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

Will the longest ever dead cat bounce continue?

Or will Sydney show some guts and take an important victory?

Pulling for Adelaide, largely because it's a home game for them and there's few things better than watching a raucous Sixer crowd will their team to a dub.

Reply #935463 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Solid half by both sides, kings looking slightly better.

Reply #935468 | Report this post

Spinner  
Two months ago

Worst most blatant Sydney centric umpiring I have seen in a long time. The 3 blind mice are stuffing up this game.

Reply #935469 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Yrs I thought the kings got the close calls as well. I'm not certain what Humphries has got to do with his arm in that foul on him against Hunter, yes Hunter nose got whacked but but when you rise like that your arm goes up with you.

Reply #935470 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

I'll say one thing - for tv viewership, Adelaide has the most annoying electronic courtside signage in the league.

Reply #935473 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Two months ago

Aylen an absolute disgrace

Reply #935476 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

At times the quality isn't great but a good watch regardless with both teams battling.

The team that's willing to work for twos will win I suspect and I'm picking that will be kings. Adelaide too prone to hero ball

Reply #935477 | Report this post

Heatingsnail  
Two months ago

Why do Adelaide give players such as Marshall and McCarron so many minutes. Marshall does noting at an elite level and McCarron is well past NBL level. In relation to Sydney, you can deal they have no desire to play for their coach.....He does not come across as a players coach!

Reply #935479 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

"Why do Adelaide give players such as Marshall and McCarron so many minutes"

Because the alternatives are djv and cadee??!!

Reply #935480 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Two months ago

Unsportsmanlike?! Ridiculous

Reply #935481 | Report this post

LaPark  
Two months ago

Unsportsmanlike foul? He's reaching around to get the ball!

Reply #935482 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

A fit Humphries is so good to watch. Smart and aggressive. Hopefully he stays fit and stays in the league

Reply #935483 | Report this post

LaPark  
Two months ago

DJV and Humphries been huge this last 4-5 minutes.

Reply #935484 | Report this post

LaPark  
Two months ago

I don't know why Kell moves himself in the corner like that on full court presses. He's done it a few times this season, leaves himself as an easy trap with a double team.

Reply #935485 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Two months ago

Comical.... thinking that DJ will take you to the top.
Absolute squib

Reply #935486 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two months ago

Violet crumbles. Season cooked, Mahmoud gone.

Reply #935488 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Two months ago

Huge win for the Sixers!

Reply #935489 | Report this post

Ducky  
Two months ago

Has Trey Kell looked like he wants to be at any game? Miserable c

Reply #935490 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

Great drama, and a very popular win!

Reply #935491 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

Trey Kell? Surely you mean Jaylen Adams.

Reply #935492 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Humphries is exactly the player the boomers need.
Game was scrappy at times but entertaining just for the tension. Kings can't win it, just so disjointed. Ninnis is the answer.

Reply #935493 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Two months ago

2 very ordinary sides

Reply #935494 | Report this post

Ducky  
Two months ago

" Trey Kell? Surely you mean Jaylen Adams." both!

Reply #935495 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

Obv we believe Bogut when he says that the coach has their full support

Reply #935496 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

I'm not certain it’s the coach, some players just seem to think they are better than they are.

Reply #935498 | Report this post

twenty four  
Two months ago

Mitch just a foul and turnover away from an 11 trillion. Would've been a stat line for the ages.

Reply #935499 | Report this post

Rat10  
Two months ago

That was a massive win by the Sixers. The game could really have gone either way and the Kings would have been smarting from their loss in Adelaide not that long ago where they looked dis-interested and played accordingly.

DJV was huge down the stretch, Humphries very impressive too throughout the game shooting a high percentage and a great move by Ninnis to put Dech on Jaylen Adam in the 4th. He did a great job of locking him down at a crucial stage in the game.

Also, that unsportsmanlike foul on Dech was a complete joke. Are you never allowed to try and steal the ball from behind?

Reply #935500 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Two months ago

Can someone please explain how a ref can call a foul on Hunter, and then a different ref overrule it without Sydney having to challenge it?
Plainly obvious the NBL want Sydney in the finals, and yet Adelaide still kicked their arse with the most biased officiating seen this season.
Absolute disgraceful refereeing.

Reply #935503 | Report this post

Hooper  
Two months ago

This aged well TomDelonge

"Comical.... thinking that DJ will take you to the top.
Absolute squib"

Look at the Sixers record with DJ on the team you chump!

Reply #935508 | Report this post

KET  
Two months ago

I don't think the 36ers will make it given their percentage they cannot afford to drop a single match, and tomorrow Tasmania away is a bridge too far IMO.

But the way Adelaide are playing, they are so much better and even if they finish with an identical record as last year, there’s maybe more positive signs coming out of the season (who’d have thought it)

Reply #935513 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Two months ago

They're 10-10 with DJ.

Reply #935514 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two months ago

Pablo I thought the same thing at the time however the ref had not indicated to the bench who the foul was on and another ref possibly had a better angle, so it is fine for them to discuss it and change the call. It happens several times per season (more usually with out of bounds calls). Sixers were welcome to challenge it but didn't. Replay showed It was the correct call.

Reply #935515 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two months ago

Maybe watch the replay Pablo, pretty clear foul on Humphries.

Reply #935519 | Report this post

Flunders  
Two months ago

Curious to hear how others find the mobile reception inside the Entertainment Centre.
Pretty much non existent for me on the Telstra wholesale network, but it looks like a few others around me don't have much issue?

Reply #935521 | Report this post

Gazee  
Two months ago

Perfect coverage in the AEC I'm with Optus and wife with Telstra , both work amazingly , still worth asking the question if someone falls in toilet and can’t get up etc etc etc

Reply #935522 | Report this post

Flunders  
Two months ago

Bizarre. It's literally the only place in Adelaide I have issues. But every game, I have no 4G access at the game.

Reply #935523 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Two months ago

Can't open anything in the stadium, nbl app never load inside. Can't even read hoops at halftime. As soon as walk outside after game finishes can finally get the stats. Telstra.

Reply #935524 | Report this post

LaPark  
Two months ago

I'm with Vodafone and never had issues at 36ers games at AEC.

Reply #935525 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Two months ago

Good gritty win. That is a sign of a decent team. Weren't having things their own way, shots not dropping, fouls and lack of flow. But they were working defensively. Sixers probably would've folded after that unsportsmanlike foul if CJ was coach. Before when CJ was coach Sixers also would've coughed up the lead in final 2 mins and give Sydney a sniff, but last night you could sense the confidence and they were comfortable, even with Adams hitting a couple 3's, they were going to close it out no worries. Although I am also not a fan of Kell getting ball against the press at the end. I also can't work out why he goes to the corner and gets bailed up by double team. Cadee much better at getting to middle of court to stay away from the double.
Could never understand CJ never seemed to have implemented a counter offensive to the press. Was good to see Sixers move the ball through it to find open Humphries.
I don't think we can count the early DJ games in the ledger when CJ was coach. He has been instrumental in having Sixers 6-1 in 2024. What team in the league wouldn't take that, beating Melb and Sydney twice and dominating wins against Cairns and SEM

Reply #935526 | Report this post

Rhino  
Two months ago

With the phone reception, i just log on to the AEC public wifi. Works pretty well.

Reply #935527 | Report this post

cavolo  
Two months ago

Same for me Flunders re Telstra wholesale (I'm with Mate). Wish I had have thought to check free wi-fi earlier in the season as I only thought to do so last night and it worked a treat. Very strange though that 5g Telstra wholesale doesn’t work at all in AEC!?

Reply #935534 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

I'll point out there are two different Telstra networks (full covers 99.6% of the nation whereas the wholesale one only 98.8%.) Full network is Telstra and Boost. Wholesale is every other reseller on Telstra.

You just never know where a network won't have reception - it's why I always buy a dual SIM phone and have two different network cards in it.

Reply #935542 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Being indoors will always create funky black spots.

My setup:

Primary - Telstra full network (with Boost because Telstra direct is a ripoff)
Secondary - Telstra wholesale (reseller) or Optus or Vodafone

Also with the newer eSIM enabled phones you can have three cards with any two active at the same time.

Reply #935543 | Report this post

Spinner  
Two months ago

Was a great result last night, particularly given the crap umpiring! Had a look at the box score to confirm what I noticed during the game...…..McCarran was his awesome self again - 10:57 on court, 0 shots, 0 rebounds, 0 steals, 0 assists. But he did have 1 turnover and 1 foul. And he is being paid big money to play!

Reply #935545 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two months ago

Adelaide +5 on the foul count (no take fouls to worry about) Adelaide +7 on free throws. Gee the 36ers got screwed by the 3 teenage mutant ninja turtles

Reply #935551 | Report this post

Spinner  
Two months ago

It's not about the foul count! An even count doesn’t mean the refs did a good job if half of the calls were wrong! Not all against Adelaide by the way...….but many of those they did call against Sydney was the ref’s effort to attain your benchmark of equal foul count. The other significant factor was the non calls against Sydney.

Didn’t matter in the end because Sixers were able to rise above the crap coming from the ref’s whistles

Reply #935555 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two months ago

You might want to give examples as that seems a vague response to the reality. The 2 biggest reactions from the crowd, the Humphries elbow and the Marshal coach's challenge both are show to be correct on replay so maybe give specifics.

Reply #935559 | Report this post

Spinner  
Two months ago

Lol....well clearly you're a ref Sebastian!

The coach’s challenge………now that’s where a referee determines whether one of his colleagues (who may well be in the review chair next game) was wrong.

That is almost the perfect definition of the blind leading the blind, lol.

9.5k spectators at the game and the "expert" commentary team are wrong. Because the ref and his mate saw it differently, lol.

It would be impossible to think the refs are all THAT bad…….perhaps there’s another reason? What were their pregame instructions in this Sydney and Melbourne centric league?

Reply #935562 | Report this post

Crazyballer  
Two months ago

I just use the guest Wifi when in the venue.

Reply #935564 | Report this post

faisal325  
Two months ago

HI

Reply #935565 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two months ago

Just saw replay of the game. The CEO interview was pretty underwhelming to say the least!

Reply #935688 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:51 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754