Aussie
Two months ago

Goorj prefers NBL return but with which club?

Link

Can someone please tell me what this article says?

Thanks

Topic #51810 | Report this topic

Ballin Fan  
Two months ago

Not sure of that particular article
But the press are reporting today that

Goorj is saying he prefers a rebuilding program like Adelaide would offer
And he has recently met with Adelaide.

Sydney fans want Goorj but Sydney management have not spoken to him
And Sydney are believed to be chasing Gleeson.

My personal view is that
In terms of the possible impact on recruitment
Players want to go play for the next Australian coach
Players not so much want to play for the last Australian coach.

Reply #936212 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two months ago

SEM hopefully.

Reply #936213 | Report this post

KET  
Two months ago

Same article info as what Ballin Fan said

Nothing particularly new here

Reply #936223 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Kelly is under contract and doesn't deserve the arse. Let him put his own team together.

Reply #936239 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two months ago

Kelly was never going to be a long term coach.

Reply #936240 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Kelly has told you that and goorg is over 70.

Reply #936244 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two months ago

Who the hell is "goorg"? Is this inability to spell coaches' names properly some sort of bit?

Goorjian. Goorj. Maor.

Reply #936245 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Bypass Paywalls Clean.

Reply #936254 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Speaking of paywalled articles let's not overshadow today's exclusive Big Joe Tertzakian article by the Illawarra Mercury.

Reply #936266 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

"Players want to go play for the next Australian coach"

Didn't help Brisbane when Lemonass was here.

Reply #936287 | Report this post

Bluey  
Two months ago

isn't that how Sobey & Gliddon both ended up in Brissy?

Reply #936291 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Two months ago

Isn't it rules, not rulz?

Reply #936303 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

Sobey was a 'win', but Gliddon was meh. I wouldn’t call that pair (yes, a whole two players, that’s it) a coup for Brisbane by any stretch of the imagination,

Reply #936304 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Isn't it rules, not rulz?

Well played.

Reply #936309 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two months ago

"Didn't help Brisbane when Lemonass was here."

That's because the Bullets were paying peanuts.

Reply #936312 | Report this post

Beantown  
Two months ago

Sobey didn't end up in Brisbane because of Lemanis. If he hadn’t fallen out with Joey, he would’ve stayed in Adelaide.

Reply #936336 | Report this post

Footloose  
Two months ago

He chose Bullets because he wanted to make the Boomers & he did, same as Gliddon (what a joke)

Reply #936343 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Never forget Glen Saville's one season with the Kings (still feels weird) so that Goorj would select him as a Boomer.

Reply #936380 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Goorj has walked from Sixers job as he does not want to be a dog, nbl overtime saying.

Reply #936663 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Santa saying would prefer to stay in the Australia but could head overseas but thinks Sydney big chance.

Reply #936664 | Report this post

KET  
Two months ago

Tbh I'm sceptical that Ninnis is up to bringing the 36ers to top 4 level but hopefully he proves me wrong!

Reply #936668 | Report this post

LaPark  
Two months ago

I'm sceptical Ninnis is a championship winning coach too, which is why I'd prefer them find a high potential assistant to pair him with.

As a stabilising force who can at least hopefully clean up the mess the club slowly became he may have some short term potential though.

Reply #936670 | Report this post

LaPark  
Two months ago

The conspiracy part of me thinks the "I don't want to be a dog" quote from Goorj is cover for something else he didn't like too. I'd understand if Ninnis got replaced there'd be fans/players/staff who'd be angry, but I'd also guess Goorj would be the one coach where everyone would say "Yea, I get it" as to why you'd replace Ninnis with him.

Reply #936671 | Report this post

LaPark  
Two months ago

Olgun said on ESPN.

"The expectation is that the 36ers will conduct a search for a high-level assistant coach to supplement the potential signing of Ninnis as head coach, sources said."

OK, that's good to see.

Reply #936672 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Two months ago

There's no high level head coaches out there apart from Brian and neverending rumours of Trev, how the hell can there be a high level assistant? Wouldn't they be a candidate as head coach? Ninnis was just lucky to be in right place right time to get interim, else he was just an average assistant, really only there because of his past links and he lives here.

Reply #936673 | Report this post

Billo  
Two months ago

So if those reports have any truth that Adelaide went really hard at Goorj only for him to pull out at the eleventh hour.....

Ninnis, go add another 200K straight away to your price. What are they now going to do? Does not sound like there are many others in the race.
The owner must have deep pockets if they were chasing a proven legend like Goorj. You don't get him for a couple of slabs of VB.

Reply #936674 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Two months ago

Goorjian was never coming to Adelaide. This is just NBL hype and more ownership bluster than anything else.

Ninnis has been promised the job.

Reply #936675 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Ninnis has shown he can do it and at least deserves the opportunity. I've been a Goorj fan for decades but his last stint a hawks only rendered two semi finals with a stacked team, his boomers performance wasn’t that great either. Ninnis did good things with Sixers with an average team.

Reply #936676 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

I hope that Ninnis doesn't feel like CJ did - "we’re trying really hard to get some big name coach but the job’s yours if we can’t", kind of thing.

Positive motivation - not!

Reply #936685 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Two months ago

Ninnis and Goorjian are old friends

Dont underestimate Goorjian and how he works and looks after others.

Goorjian alleged quote of " Im not a dog" is telling

Reply #936691 | Report this post

36ers Fan  
Two months ago

Who wouldn't take the job because he was afraid of upsetting someone? Gorrjian pulled out because he wasn't going to get the job and didn't want to seem like he came second....

Reply #936696 | Report this post

LaPark  
Two months ago

I wouldn't be too worried about Ninnis being upset or holding out for more money. He knows this is his last shot to get a full-time NBL coaching gig and he will play ball to get it.

Reply #936706 | Report this post

LaPark  
Two months ago

Channel 10 saying deal was signed today, Ninnis got a "multi-year deal" and will be announced tomorrow.

Reply #936717 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Two months ago

I'm sure Ninnis understands that a guy like Goorjian you can’t pass up or at minimum due your due diligence.

Reply #936720 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:25 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754