Luuuc
Two months ago

WNBL Round 14

Note the Flames-Flyers "Thank You, Lauren Jackson" game on 9Gem in additional to the usual 9Now stream
---

Thu 7:00 - Canberra vs Bendigo (ESPN)

Sat 6:00 - Adelaide vs Melbourne (9Now)

Sun 3:00 - Sydney vs Southside (9Now & 9Gem)
Sun 3:00 - Townsville vs Bendigo (9Now)
Sun 4:00 - Perth vs Canberra (9Now)

All times local.

Topic #51811 | Report this topic

Wnblfan  
Two months ago

Jade Melbourne out of tonight's game. Whoever thought it was a good idea to schedule games so closely to a 40 plus hour travel requirement? Especially when all other teams have an additional 48 hours for players to recover. I get scheduling and venue availability is tough, however this is compromising player safety.

Reply #936224 | Report this post

LC  
Two months ago

Silly.

Reply #936225 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

Agreed. Not great for competition integrity.

Reply #936226 | Report this post

+  
Two months ago

anybody know the latest wnba mock draft I can only find ones from xmas time ? It's a deep draft - saw one with paige bueckers going at 5 or 6 !!!

Reply #936237 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Two months ago

Tankathon update their WNBA mock every 5 days - Paige at 6 is goofy.

Reply #936293 | Report this post

Wnblfan  
Two months ago

I think Paige will take her extra year of college.

Very competitive and enjoyable game tonight. Caps with 8 fit players, and both DPs getting decent minutes in the 4th Q fight back. But then KG23... KG0 doing KG things!

Reply #936297 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two months ago

Last mock I saw

1st RD
Clark
Brink
Bueckers
Jackson
Cardoso
Edwards
Reese
Pili
Kelly
Amoore
Osborne
Borlase

Reply #936301 | Report this post

LC  
Two months ago

Borlase may rise a few places after Oly qualifiers.

Reply #936305 | Report this post

Bigboy  
Two months ago

Crazy game to watch last night, extra bit of spice of Kelsey Griffin either bleeding, sprawled out on the hardwood, taking a knock or two or all 3.

Reply #936350 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

Wallace back in action tomorrow, according to Boomers twitter

Reply #936378 | Report this post

Cosmo Spacely  
Two months ago

Can Wallace play in finals given she has not actually played all season or is there a injury clause ?

Reply #936397 | Report this post

+  
Two months ago

agreed LC - Borlase delivered at the qualifiers and Bueckers has announced she's having another year at Uconn

Reply #936466 | Report this post

Dog 55  
Two months ago

Adelaide just did the plucky little Spirit a favour by knocking off Melbourne. If (big if I know) the Spirit knock off Townsville (in Townsville) and then take care of Perth at home then even if Boomers beat Caps to also get to 12 wins, the Spirit have the head-to-head. At least the Spirit are now not in the position of hoping someone else does them a favour (although Caps beating Boomers in last round would be helpful).

Reply #936472 | Report this post

Hoops28  
Two months ago

Is the Sydney v Southside game meant to be on Gem or live-streamed anywhere? Seems to be a different show on Gem and 9 currently!

Reply #936502 | Report this post

Cosmo Spacely  
Two months ago

Where is the game ???

Reply #936505 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

I just watched it on Gem

Reply #936508 | Report this post

Hooping  
Two months ago

Gem and the 9now app have a black and white 1960's movie playing just to take the pisstake to highest level possible.

Reply #936510 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

I should have said I'm watching through Foxtel.

Reply #936515 | Report this post

Hooping  
Two months ago

wasnt showing on foxtel either.

Reply #936517 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

Are you in Sydney, cos I'm in Melbourne? Might not have been showing in a Sydney cos it was their home game

Reply #936519 | Report this post

Hooping  
Two months ago

from my understanding no one in SA, WA, QLD, NT could watch the game at all. Not sure about Tassie.

Reply #936521 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

Yep, was stuffed for me too. It showed on the 9Now app as the game, but when watching it, it was the same old black & white movie that was showing on FTA on Gem. Weak.

How about the Spirit though!
Great run of form atm.

Reply #936522 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Two months ago

Anyone who missed the Flames game missed a bonehead finish from Bradley. Down by 3 with seconds to go and she goes for a lay up??

Great to see a massive crowd for a standalone WNBL game though.

Reply #936525 | Report this post

Dog 55  
Two months ago

Sets up a thrilling end to the season. With 1 game to go Sydney, Melbourne and Bendigo all on 11 wins. Flyers are are on 12 with an away game to Fire and home to Lightning so should pick up one of those leaving a 3 into 2 situation for 3rd and 4th.
Boomers travel to Caps first to try to get to 12 then Bendigo host Perth and then Flames have to travel to Townsville.
If all 3 win (or lose) then what happens? Sydney have split over Bendigo 2-1, Bendigo over Melbourne 2-1 and Melbourne over Sydney 2-1. Will it go on overall PD or (like FIBA), just on the PD involving games between the 3 teams. In that case Bendigo is +9, Sydney is +8 and Melbourne is -17 so I think Melbourne have to win (or hope only one of Bendigo or Sydney win at most).

Reply #936531 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

Welcome back, Aari :)

What could have been...

Reply #936537 | Report this post

Maybe  
Two months ago

Any chance that Aari will be back next season?

Reply #936538 | Report this post

QuokkaWoylie  
Two months ago

Amazing, with what the talent disparity is, that we are going into the last round of the season with finals being so close.

Perth really shot themselves in foot when Aari was injured. I hope Bendigo do manage to sneak in, upset the status quo a bit. Masters of their own fate next round.

Reply #936542 | Report this post

Wnblfan  
Two months ago

I hope Bendigo make it too! Coach Veal noted the team has over 1200 wnbl games of experience, so plenty of veterans who can grind out the wins when they need them!

Reply #936543 | Report this post

SamCro  
Two months ago

Some legitimate concerns about Townsville's form in the last third of the season especially in how many home games they’ve lost. Now they’ve got to try to integrate Kunek back into the side without many games left in the regular season.

Reply #936557 | Report this post

Axel889  
Two months ago

Davis not in the game or on the bench for either of Bendigo's games this round... injured or cut?

Reply #936576 | Report this post

SamCro  
Two months ago

Ruth Davis has left the country, for personal reasons...

Reply #936582 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

It sure didn't seem to hurt the Spirit in their ruthless annihilation of the Fire

Reply #936584 | Report this post

Dog 55  
Two months ago

Commentary in Caps game said out for personal reasons so who knows what that means or may be "code" for. She does seem to play small minutes for a "starter". Would not think Spirit would cut her this close to potential finals as she still does provide a height option even if for just small bursts.

Reply #936588 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:18 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754