Two months ago

Cats @ JJs

Cotton out, Usher starting.
Doolittle starting.

Wonder how meh this game will be.

Topic #51818 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Anything but meh so far, very good by both teams in a game that hasn't any meaningful result

Reply #936445 | Report this post

Bol  
Two months ago

Not much D being played. Hyrum Harris playing the point forward role in the first quarter

Reply #936448 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

Feels like it has been borderline playground ball from the Cats since the opening minutes, but that's kind of our normal mode I guess.
Was hoping for more Okwera & less Wagstaff, but happy with the Henshall & C-Webb

Reply #936450 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

Ushers defence is so bad I use it as an example to coach my kids what not to do.

I can't understand a) how he's getting minutes and b) how he got signed at this level

He's got the potential but clearly not the focus and desire

Who gets his minutes though... doolittle??

Reply #936451 | Report this post

Anon  
Two months ago

Can someone explain how Sarr gets called for a marginal bump on a clean block yet magnay can jump forwards and land over the top of doolittle and not get called for a foul? Surely either both or none are fouls...

Don't care about result this just speaks to the frustration players mist feel let alone fans

Reply #936455 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Sarr also very average defensively. JJs probably favourite now for championship. Perth to many holes defensively.

Reply #936458 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

Anon, it appears to be a symptom of systemic and blatant home cooking that's plagued much of the season.

No matter who you go for, it just spoils the game IMO

Reply #936460 | Report this post

Bol  
Two months ago

Cats aren't beating anyone in the playoffs. No offensive structure to generate some open looks when the three ball has dried up. Just chucking up utter trash seems to be their game plan

Reply #936462 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Magnay should be one first on plane to Paris

Reply #936463 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

Agree re Magnay.

Reply #936464 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Pinder 1 rebound against hawks and two so far tonight, need a lot more than that.

Reply #936465 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

I'm loving tbe way he has built up his form over the season too. Has to be right in the mix for a spot.

Reply #936467 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Two months ago

Usher is a dud

Reply #936468 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

Just a reminder to the Kolzees of the world who deny Cotton's value, that this embarrassing rabble in the black unis sits at #2 on the standings and is yet to lose to Tassie this season.

Reply #936469 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

Scott Roth is all class!

Reply #936473 | Report this post

Bol  
Two months ago

I dont think Cottons value should affect how bad they are defending rebounding and turning the ball over. They really need an Ian Clarke type who's a threat from outside. Usher and Doolittle way too inconsistent.

Reply #936475 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

The playoffs could potentially be very ugly for the Cats.

Reply #936477 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

Didn't watch any of this game. Can see Cotton was held out. Anything said of injury concerns or was he simply not played as a precaution leading to the playoffs?

Reply #936478 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

Ridiculous post luuuc.

I could tell that you'd let your perth perochism get in the way of considering anyone elses opinion

Other basketball followers would understand that a) this season cotton hasn't been up to his usual standard and b) his mid season slump and inconsistent shooting should be a factor when selecting the mvp. You won't understand that... I get it.

Reply #936483 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

It'll be made more ludicrous when perth lose to the JJs with cotton playing!!

Reply #936484 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two months ago

The vast majority of current/former players, commentators, coaches and analysts when asked in the media have Cotton as clear winner for the MVP. This has been the case for months. By "other basketball followers" do you just mean annonymous forums posters who hate/are insanely jealous of Bryce Cotton?

Reply #936485 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

I think Cotton has been the best player in the league since Gazey, if he wins the mvp again I'd be happy. I also think that it hasn’t been his best year, slowish start great middle section bu t slowish finish. Imo I think PJC has shaded him, but as I said if Cotton wins it, fine.

Reply #936486 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

Drexler - do you agree with my two points above?

Reply #936487 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

If not tell me which one is wrong and why?

I love cotton as a player so no def not jealous. The league is better with him in it

Reply #936489 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

I think if you read the two points you'll realize you agree with both but genuinely interested in why if not

I'm not wanting to argue about it. I just don't understand why both are being overlooked

Reply #936490 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

I'd love to hear more about Cotton's "mid season slump"!

Reply #936496 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Certainly wasn't mid season, lol. Start and last few not so good.

Reply #936499 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two months ago

Wasn't the mid season when Cotton went bonkers and started torching the league?

Reply #936565 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

CG43 went through an insane mid-season tear, and commentators starting touting CG43 for MVP

A week or two later Cotton started torching people and hasn't stopped since.

Reply #936569 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

Wasn't the mid season when Cotton went bonkers and started torching the league?

Yep.

The Cats started the season 2-5, with Bryce struggling for points/scoring efficiency in most of those games. We were 8th on the standings at the end of round 5.
CG43 would have been leading the MVP race at that point.

Following the horrible start was a 13-2 run by Perth. Cotton had this 15-game run of scores during the Cats climb to 2nd spot:
29, 24, 37, 25, 25, 41, 7, 28, 36, 33, 24, 31, 34, 28, 29.

I can only assume that his 7 points @ 1/9 in the loss to Illawarra must be the aforementioned mid season slump :p

Reply #936583 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two months ago

Thanks Luuuc, honestly thought I was going mad for a minute as from what I remembered his mid season form was insanely good to the point its led him to being the league leader in PPG yet again.

CG43 has had a really good season to be fair, and I think Delly plays a big part in that. Cotton doesn't have a distributing point guard like Goulding does and I think thats where the FG% difference shows.

Worth noting though Cotton is also top 10 in assists and gets more rebounds than Goulding too, for a player of Cottons size to be grabbing 4 rpg really shows how its an effort stat sometimes.

People get bored of the same player winning awards which goes against someone like Cotton, but at the end of the day you are truly reaching if you think Cotton doesn't deserve it.

Reply #936600 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:56 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754