Dunkman
Two months ago

Newley v hawks at united

Last home game for the champ, started and got two straight away of the usual Newley drive. Good start by both with Melbourne slightly in front

Topic #51820 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Vickerman certainly heated for a game that means nothing to united.

Reply #936497 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

Tatum gets a behaviour warning for yelling out instructions to his team??? What?

Reply #936498 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Hawks by 4@ half, they just look like they have more to play for, which they have. Enjoyable game.

Reply #936500 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

This game might not mean anything with regard to the ladder but it means a lot in terms of working out how to beat a possible finals opponent.

Reply #936503 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Tatum should be coach of the season, they are playing beautiful team basketball. United to much whining to refs.

Reply #936506 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

A lot of similarities between the Hawks and Jumpers in terms of team playing style.

Reply #936509 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two months ago

Yeah, debut season JJs is a good comparison, with a more reliable offensive than the JJs had, which was basically just the Adams show on offense.

Reply #936511 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Great game, Goulding back in form. Tatum should get a three contract, plus his assistants, they have turned this franchise around.

Reply #936512 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

JLA minus 12 Hukporti plus 15. United came be beaten, JJs got the fives to do this.

Really enjoyable game, love the team work of both these sides in offence and defence.

Reply #936514 | Report this post

Kruger  
Two months ago

Does Newley still play ?? , thought he had retired years ago. Or maybe that's he should have retired years ago

Reply #936524 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Two months ago

Tatum should be COY, with Vickerman 2nd by a wide margin. They used a good analogy about United storming out of the gate but coming back to the field recently and Hawks storming from the end.
Tatum, if he wants it, should definitely get a 3 year deal. But could the NBA beckon with an assistant role offer because of his son. If Celtics choke in playoffs Mazzulla definitely gone and could new regime want to keep Tatum Jr happy ala Thanasis, the guy with the greatest job security in the NBA.
Money probably wouldn't play a huge factor unless it's ridiculous, but could he be a viable get for SEM if Kelly goes? Would be good to see him stay in league and with Hawks though.

Reply #936528 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

I don't think losing dead rubbers should count against DV. Top spot is what matters.
I'd be good with Tatum winning though. Amazing transformation since he arrived. He'd get my vote.

Reply #936529 | Report this post

Kruger  
Two months ago

I'd love to see DV with an average roster or a team below the soft cap. Easy to coach a team of guns. I would have Tatum , Rillie and Roth ahead of the silver spoon coach

Reply #936530 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Newley play over 800 professional games in Europe and nbl, probably slightly few than you Kruger. Let us know your career.

Reply #936532 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two months ago

As an old guy who still plays social basketball in his early 40s for the comradery more than anything else I'm a lot more forgiving of guys sticking around a year or two too long than I used to be.

Reply #936533 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two months ago

Epic response Dunkman, love it

Reply #936534 | Report this post

Kruger  
Two months ago

800 games hitting the court ... really ???

Reply #936535 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Yes 800 games hitting the court, yes this season he did warm the bench but considering he's around the the 870 mark I’d think 800 was a fair description. He’s been a great player over the years and congratulations to him. I’m still waiting for your resume.

Reply #936536 | Report this post

Kruger  
Two months ago

I'll send it through shortly, what’s your email address Mrs Newley ?

Reply #936539 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Loser, ^^^ never done anything but that's ok, most punters haven’t.

Reply #936540 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two months ago

Kruger = keyboard warrior ... take the L dude

Reply #936544 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

[I'd love to see DV with an average roster]

2 years ago the bookies had them finishing 5th. They finished regular season 1st. Lost the deciding semi-final game after Goulding was injured at shoot-around. You might say they had a good roster, but that's we only recognise JLA as a gun after he blossomed into one under Vickerman. White likewise.

Last year they had an average team when you factor Ili missing half the season. Finished 15-13. Missed playoffs by a basket.

So there you have it. It's happened.

Reply #936552 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:51 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754