20) Hogg
21) Lee
22) Roberts
23) Robinson
24) Nader
25) Smith
26) Scott
27) Prather

Where would you guys have everyone ranked ?

Topic #51832 | Report this topic

Maybe  
Two months ago

is 21) Lee considered an import ?

Reply #936827 | Report this post

Anon  
Two months ago

Marcus Lee

Reply #936833 | Report this post

101 annon  
Two months ago

I would have Ian Clark & Crawford before Miller & Adams

Reply #936834 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

Definitely, 101

Reply #936836 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two months ago

No way Clark before Adams and Miller

Reply #936838 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Cotton
PJC
Gary Clark
Lamb
Doyle
Doolittle
Crawford
Harvey
Ian Clarke
Lee
Adams
Cheatham
Miller
Usher
The rest really didn't contribute much and some were very average, Nadar, Browne, Smith, Prather, Scott.

Reply #936839 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Clubs are better getting two quality imports and putting better locals, Asian players and next stars around them. Some of the imports this year have been so underwhelming. Brisbane and SEM leading the way on poor selections.

Reply #936841 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two months ago

I know contracts mean not much in terms of they can be bought out and stuff by smith and scott 2 year deal without an option surprised me at the time

Reply #936842 | Report this post

RobT  
Two months ago

Really good topic. Goes on long enough and we may see some fireworks.

My contribution is to remark that some underperforming imps were recruited as a result of previous success, in the NBL.

Smith & Scot (Bullets) were a fab inclusion (at the time), Bris needed what both offered. When we suddenly added Prather I hoped for post-season action.

Here's my point. Several imports, and locals for that matter, have been recruits from Bris with equally dismal outcomes. think of: Law, Patterson, Franks and locals Hodgson, Magnay. That's just Bris and only some. Some are good here and lousy there.

And even some on the list have suffered, previously, Harvey & Adams currently.

There you go. Not having a go at anyone, loving the input.

Reply #936844 | Report this post

RobT  
Two months ago

Really good topic. Goes on long enough and we may see some fireworks.

My contribution is to remark that some underperforming imps were recruited as a result of previous success, in the NBL.

Smith & Scot (Bullets) were a fab inclusion (at the time), Bris needed what both offered. When we suddenly added Prather I hoped for post-season action.

Here's my point. Several imports, and locals for that matter, have been recruits from Bris with equally dismal outcomes. think of: Law, Patterson, Franks and locals Hodgson, Magnay. That's just Bris and only some. Some are good here and lousy there.

And even some on the list have suffered, previously, Harvey & Adams currently.

There you go. Not having a go at anyone, loving the input.

Reply #936845 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

Adams hasn't been consistent enough for me to rank him high. Miller, while talented, can sometimes be an absolute unprofessional prat.

Reply #936846 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two months ago

McCall over Doyle?

Reply #936849 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two months ago

Williams and Doolittle insanely high

Reply #936850 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Two months ago

Clark would've put up bigger numbers on any other team in the league and played more.

Reply #936857 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Two months ago

Doyle should be right up the top somewhere. Deifinitely above Miller and Adams. 10 is way too low.

Reply #936877 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Two months ago

Rankings were based on just this season
Doyle underperformed this year based on everyone expectations, not better than his first season

He was less efficient than Miller, Adams & McCall (Stats prove it)
He averaged less points, assists & shot worse from the field than those 3

This was arguably McCall best season in the league
Doyle's a great player still just didn’t have a better one individually than them

Reply #936919 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Two months ago

"Clark would've put up bigger numbers on any other team in the league and played more."

Ian Clark great player as well but also had the luxury of playing on a stacked squad, which makes it easier to perform better

With a bigger role & also the same exact minutes last season with 36ers (Go check the numbers) his production was slightly lower & percentages from 3FG% was 35% compared to 43% this season

He had a great year but not better individually than those others

Reply #936921 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Two months ago

One of the indicators you wanted was impact. Impact is not seen on stat sheet. Doyle's impact is extremely high. He contributes across the whole floor and is a huge factor in them finishing third on the ladder. Doyles stats may be slightly down, but I don't know how many games I've seen this season where Doyle explodes in last qtr to end the contest, with daggers 3's, sublime drives or brilliant passing.

Reply #936932 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Two months ago

"sixtiesrockstar"
You are correct don't get me wrong, but also Jackjumpers won 4 games with Doyle scoring 9 points or less. He’s had bad games where the team still won.

Considering all that, Him being at 10 is not a bad thing

Reply #936957 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Points don't always show how good a player you are. I had him fifth, plus Doolittle up there as well, all round team performance is what counts.

Reply #936958 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Two months ago

Its a bit of a subjective one, but I believe Doyle was second for most Footlocker Player of the Game awards this season. Had a quiet patch mid season, but was MVP betting favourite up until round 8 or 9, and finished the season well.

Reply #936967 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:51 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754