Rhino
Last month

Alan Williams and SEM part ways

Alan Williams and SEM have mutually parted ways.

Topic #51854 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last month

I actually got told this a few weeks back, heading to Japan I believe.

I also heard another big name is heading off for more money as well.

Time to raise the cap nbl or add an extra marquee. It's no doubt a loss but I believe Kelly is trying to get a more defensive unit going.

Local fives and fours in this league will be in hot pursuit.

Reply #937558 | Report this post

Bored  
Last month

Great bloke, loved him in the media stuff, but this is a great thing for SEM. Strong rebounder and screener but his scoring was a huge struggle this year and they needed more from that spot. Not to mention his injury history.

All the best to him

Reply #937560 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Last month

A good player and appeared to be a very good bloke as well.

However injured too much and tended to pick up silly fouls which limited his court time in some games.

Reply #937561 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last month

Injuries aside he was a prime example of the risks around bringing in a "traditional" big import to the NBL - our refs will have them averaging 3.8 fouls per game even if they have a career average of 1.5 in Europe.

Reply #937565 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

"Local fives and fours in this league will be in hot pursuit."

I'm fascinated how the kings-hunter situation will pan out. There's got to be several clubs wanting him more than the kings do

Reply #937586 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:59 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754