AssistantsPen
Last month

NBL1 North 2024

Season starting on the 11th of April just over a month away.

Late change of coach at Wizards Men with Dmac

Signings starting to build up now on the men's side.

Predictions?? Thoughts with USC and Redlands out of the comp. Ipswich financials imploding to win the Championship does that count them out of repeating the success.

Where does the North rank among the other comps (south, west, east, central)

Topic #51856 | Report this topic

Damo 75  
Last month

Looking forward to seeing some of the signings, particularly for the Marlins. Would be great if a couple of Taipans hang around.

Reply #937577 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Is Cadee playing up there this season, he normally dominates up there.

Reply #937579 | Report this post

AssistantsPen  
Last month

NBL Players I know of

Issac White - Mackay
Gabe Hadley - Brisbane
Matthew Johns - Brisbane
Mitch Norton - Southern
Tyrell Harrison - Southern but talk he isn't now as going to Europe instead

Not sure about the womens comp

Reply #937580 | Report this post

mball  
Last month

"Where does the North rank among the other comps (south, west, east, central)"

I would say South, North/West, East/Central. East only in second year so that will improve in time.

Bring on the season!

Reply #937583 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Totally agree @ mball

Reply #937585 | Report this post

RobT  
Last month

Well people, I finally got my wish that Sunny Coast would reduce from 2 teams to to one (at nbl1 level).

BUT....I was looking forward to the 2 teams, Sunshine Coast Phoenix and USC Rip City would combine to make 1 "super" team representing the Sunny C.

Instead, BQ cancelled USC's NBL1 license (and Red City's Roar) outright leaving Phoenix as sole rep and Rip & Roar being left to compete at QBL.

So, I now need to choose another team.

Reply #937651 | Report this post

Ben  
Last month

Your boys aren't going to join Phoenix then Rob?

I'm unfamiliar with the politics at Phoenix and Rip these days, but would be a shame if the locals from Rip didn't shift across to play for Phoenix.

Reply #937674 | Report this post

RobT  
Last month

No. Izzy at Capitals (he lives in Bris), Josh stayed at Rip in their QBL team and Verle is with Salties in Darwin. Eric and Louie not playing.

End of a short but fairly successful run.

Reply #937685 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Last month

Aron Farmer, Curt Ahwang and Jaylen Pitman only players confirmed to return for Marlins so far with no official word on any other signings.

Antonio played last year but not sure how long his injury rules him out for? Gak and Mayen both played NBL1 for other clubs last year, though NBL offseason tracker has Mayen and Roberts off to NZNBL while Mennenga is playing in Europe.

Can't seem to find any information on some of the younger squad members (Mudronja, Dennis, Anderson) who might be a chance of staying but Anderson might be the most likely having played last year.

Plenty of other clubs announcing NBL signings and with the season only 5 weeks away I assume things will start ramping up soon.

Reply #937760 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:08 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754