Dunkman
Last month

Nbl, resignings and free agency 24/25 seasons.

Will Magnay ,2 years JJs

Shaun Bruce, 2years kings.

Isaac Humphries, 3 years , 36ers

DJV, 3 years , 36ers

Who else, keep adding, probably coaching staff as well.

Topic #51868 | Report this topic

Ben  
Last month

Aussie Hoopla has a decent updated list of signings, rumours and whatnot. Fun to follow every off-season.

https://aussiehoopla.com/nbl-free-agent-tracker/

Interesting to note that from a Brisbane perspective, Baynes is tagged as not returning. Same deal with Prather.

Reply #938040 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last month

Thanks for the link Ben, some interest comments there on a few guys I haven't seen elsewhere

Reply #938044 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Yes good link, I'm not convinced they don’t get a lot of their information from around here.

It looks like Glover is a free agent on that list. Says contract to 2024. Some sides got some horrible players on that signed list.

Reply #938046 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last month

I am surprised Sydney signed Bruce for 2 more years

Reply #938048 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Goorj, always likes a bit of an enforcer type, sledger.

Reply #938057 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last month

"Goorj, always likes a bit of an enforcer type, sledger."

Bruce does have a fair of Darren Lucas about him now that you mention it.

Reply #938075 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last month

Bruce will fit in just fine under Goorj. There's no question his numbers were not great this season, but he's probably the one single most important player to bring back culture-wise.

Reply #938077 | Report this post

JMS  
Last month

Would be great to see how Vickerman fits Jack White into the United lineup if he does return. Could see him sharing the 4 with Travers and some small ball 5 with Hukporti departing. Travers to continue working on his ball handling and outside shot with further time at the 3.

Reply #938090 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

PJC signed at Galatasaray for this season end and next, entertainment loss, excellent player. Played previously for other big clubs in Europe.

Reply #938091 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Travers has been good at the four this season but really is two, three size and has the skills to play there.
I could see White at SEM if Creek does leave.

Reply #938092 | Report this post

JMS  
Last month

What's the Creek departure rumour? Surely as the face of SEM would stick around, must be getting frustrated with the lack of success and poor team structure of late however.

Reply #938095 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last month

Much bigger money overseas.

Reply #938096 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Copeland said he believes that Creek will be gone, overseas money. He has been the franchise head, no doubt but with little success. Very well liked by the fan base. As I said elsewhere, it's a bit like Luka Doncic, excellent player but no great team success. Olgun didn’t mention names but hinted the same. I think they realise things must change.

Reply #938097 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Pineau only contracted player at breakers, Moar hardly played him.

WMW and Delaney mutual options. I don't think either will stay.

Reply #938334 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

It would be a different look to this season, but White could work alongside Travers, those two taking the two forward spots in the starting 5.

JLA is 30 soon, NBA seems less likely than it did 12 months ago, so does he take another Chinese paycheck or does he stay with United? Time will tell. Not sure United could afford Jack White, unless they forego all imports. Flynn Cameron is ready to play bigger minutes so maybe they would go All-local.

Reply #938336 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Is Jack White a free agent or tied to united, numerous clubs could use his talents.

Reply #938337 | Report this post

KET  
Last month

Jack White is tied to United.

Reply #938342 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

Is he?

Reply #938345 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last month

https://nbl.com.au/news/jack-white-extends-contract-with-melbourne Whites right to refusal has one more season

Reply #938346 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last month

I think jack will either stick around nba and then maybe europe before returning

Reply #938347 | Report this post

KET  
Last month

DJV talking about 36ers running signings past him and chatting to Cleveland.

"The ownership group told me that when I re-signed, whatever decision was made they would check in with me first."

https://nbl.com.au/news/adelaide-chases-star-signing

Reply #938355 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

Brock Motum keen for NBL return

Still putting up solid numbers. A few clubs would be enquiring

Reply #938703 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Very good stats, hard to read the quality of opposition as it's B-2.

Reply #938704 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Sam Menenga to breakers.

Reply #938705 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last month

Motum would be a decent pick up at the 4 next to Humphries. Can shoot to space it for him.

Import/Cadee
Vasiljevic/Dech
Import/Marshall
Motum/
Humphries/

Reply #938707 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Nice looking side, I'm certain defensively it’s great.

Reply #938717 | Report this post

Andrew  
Last month

According to Olgun, Kristian Doolittle has re-signed with the Wildcats for next season

Reply #938720 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last month

Good decision to bring back Doolittle.

Reply #938721 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Doolittle was great, good signing.

Reply #938725 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last month

First move I would have made. Two thumbs up from me.

Reply #938743 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last month

Doolittle re-signing is official
Kristian Doolittle is back for NBL25

Reply #938749 | Report this post

Andrew  
Last month

I feel Perth need another big. They got mauled inside by teams with quality 7 footers.

Reply #938750 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Last month

And the annual Brock Motum return to the NBL is back. Has there ever been a more rumoured return to the NBL than him?

Reply #938757 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last month

Chuck Kornegay?

Reply #938771 | Report this post

Andrew  
Last month

Wildcats Roster

Both Webster's are on a mutual option. I think they will take Tai and not Corey
Michael Harris & Donte Russo-Nance are both being elevated to full roster on their second year.
David Okwera signed a 3 year contract with 3rd as an option so still full roster.

Looks like they have 2 roster spots and a next star left.
If Jesse Wagstaff re-signs what type of import do they need?

Here is the roster so far:

Tai Webster??? / Donte Russo-Nance
*Bryce Cotton / Ben Henshall
*Kristian Doolittle / Michael Harris
Hyrum Harris / Jesse Wagstaff???
Keanu Pinder / David Okwera

Reply #938867 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last month

Import would depend on the next star.

Reply #938886 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

One of the import or next star would need to be a big, maybe an import 4 to start, can play some 5 if required.

Alex Condon, Harry Wessels are a couple of good quality Perth bigs currently playing in college who would fit well if they had the roster space for them.

Reply #938887 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Last month

bul kuol to syd

Reply #939146 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last month

Kuol and Noi battling each other for minutes and who's got the biggest ego. LOL

Reply #939153 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Kuol, overrated imo. Arm and shirt puller defender, can shoot through, up grade on Noi.

Reply #939155 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

The free agency list looking rather bare, certainly if more players head OS.

Reply #939159 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Hearing Glover leaving kings. Makes sense if Kuol going there.

Reply #939172 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

Some Perth Wildcats news:

Currently in talks with Mitch McCarron, appear to be the most likely spot for him.

Also interested in WMW, Tom Wilson, Alex Ducas but appear less likely.

Corey Webster, Kyle Zunic won't be back, Tai and Jesse seem likely to be there next year but not 100%.

The interest in McCarron and others is fascinating, as if they only move on from CWeb and Zunic, they will have no local roster spots left with Michael Harris and Dontae Russo-Nance being elevated to main roster. So potentially looking at another Blanchfield/Norton situation, maybe David Okwera could be in line.

Reply #939207 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last month

McCarron to the Cats, intriguing! I don't hate it we could do a lot worse but the idea of Harris and Russo-Nance in full roster spots doesn't fill me with confidence. Will they be full roster spots as in they get court timee or just warm seats closer to Rillie?

Reply #939211 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

At first I didn't like it, but Perth lacked playable PG depth last year behind T. Web, there's definitely a role to fill there for McCarron

Reply #939213 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

Breakers apparently about to announce a signing. "Sources point to a very high-level "local" player who has featured elsewhere in the NBL"

I can't help but think glover might head to breakers. His grittiness is just what mody likes.

Leafa has an option but assuming WMW leaves I think breakers will move him to PG then go for a gun shooting guard

Reply #939215 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Can they announce local players before free agency, could it be an ex nbl overseas player. The rumours on Glover were Sixers and Phoenix.

Reply #939218 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

I thought Hawks was most likely for Glover lol

Reply #939219 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last month

Bad blood between Glover and the Hawks maybe after the last couple of seasons, which would be a shame. I'd love for him to come back, but understand why he probably won't.

Perth would be one of the best spots for McCarron I think. He's definitely not Martin, but he's Martin-lite and would do well next to Cotton. McCarron-Doolittle are good versatile defensive pieces, and then an import scorer at the 3 spot. McCarron-Cotton-Import-Doolittle-Pinder, Webster off the bench.

Reply #939225 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Last month

McCarron on Perth is just a worst fit than Tai ... not a scorer/shooter & defense is just as bad as Tai. At least Tai could score on his matchup at times. McCarron isn't Norton/Martin on defense but you can say a better passer

Reply #939230 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Last month

Look out for the name Myles Powell on Sydney Kings radar
Import PG played under Goorj in Asia

That's if he would leave China

Reply #939231 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

I know Powell from his time in the G-league, can seriously score the pill, like crazy, but more of scoring 2-guard, Bryce Cotton mould, don't if he could be a championship winning point guard.

Reply #939241 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

Just to be clear there was no basis to my comment on glover to the breakers other than hope!

Reply #939245 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

It feels like nearly every team must be after a local centre. Even MU if JLA doesn't take up his option.

Most will prob try for hunter before signing anyone else... but what other potential starters are free?

Reply #939246 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last month

More likely McCarron to NZ which would mean WMW is unlikely to return.
If McCarron is surrounded with some shooters and isn't on big money it could be an ok plan B.

Reply #939249 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

I can't see the Goorj letting Hunter go, certainly now Bolden is looking for bigger money, will probably end up OS.

Reply #939253 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

Some Perth Wildcats news:

Currently in talks with Mitch McCarron, appear to be the most likely spot for him.

Vomit.

Money Makin' needs a better coach for it to work.

Reply #939260 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

You might be right dunkman but I just can't see the kings ownership valuing him as much as other teams

I'm resigned to losing WMW but doubt MM is the type of guard mody will want

Mangok is free to a good home for those wanting a big! I can't bear watching him fumble his way through another season

Reply #939266 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Money making Mitch agent is testing the market, he's basically been a chance on nearly all teams, who does take him hopefully don’t pay overs.
WMW I still believe is a big chance at bullets, it’s home and they have the Baynes money.

Reply #939268 | Report this post

KET  
Last month

I think MM will be perfect, Perth can maximise him in a way 36ers never could.

If Galloway goes north, 36ers are probably looking like 3 imports needed.

I get the feeling if Cleveland returns to Australia it's probably Sydney.

Reply #939273 | Report this post

101 annon  
Last month

Hunter won't be in Sydney, rumour is probably playing overseas

Reply #939302 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Doing well co far in Latvia, I did hear Japan but when Goorj signed I thought he would stay, certainly now it looks like Bolden going as well.

Reply #939305 | Report this post

Andrew  
Earlier this month

Kouat Noi is returning to the Sydney Kings on a 3 year deal

Reply #939673 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this month

Nice bench signing, can be very useful in games, not quite the nba that he told everyone he was going to, in fairness his game could suit the nba. As Roth once remarked, the nbl has quite a few players that could play nba.

Reply #939681 | Report this post

AngusH  
Earlier this month

Happy Noi is returning. He's far surpassed my expectations and I'm looking forward to seeing what Goorj can do with him. Outside of just bomb from deep I think he's developed a bit as a bully-ball tweener forward offensively at the NBL level, similar to how he has looked in the NBL1 when I've watched him there.

Reply #939687 | Report this post

Mid-30s-baller  
Earlier this month

Any Wildcats supporters slightly concerned with the roster heading into free agency?
We have youth and emerging potential on the bench but is that necessarily considered depth.
Michael Harris lights it up in NBL1 but also plays big minutes. Doesn't ever seem to get on the court long enough to warm up for the Wildcats. Nance and Henshall we can only assume will get minutes after a year of training with the team and hopefully have a break out season. Everyone seems to love Hyrum and Wags but they are both role players/hype guys and having both in the same position doesn’t really seem like a good fit to me. Surely Okwera isn’t going to be the big coming off the bench. We need a solid centre to back up Pinder and have not had one for quite a while. I am not convinced Jack Andrew will ever be elevated from DP either. With little room left to move pieces, it will be interesting to see how they look to improve the roster.

Reply #939879 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this month

Any Wildcats supporters slightly concerned with the roster heading into free agency?

Yes.

Reply #939943 | Report this post

Rareairunc  
Earlier this month

Jjs have extended jack mcveigh three years abd anthony drmic for another season. The core of this team is now locked in. Now interesting to see what they do with Lee and Crawford

Reply #939944 | Report this post

Rareairunc  
Earlier this month

Sorry the jjs have extended mcveigh another two years so locked in for three years now

Reply #939945 | Report this post

MaxM  
Earlier this month

Perthworld, according to your logic that Perth have the worst coach in the league, their roster must be pretty damn good to have finished 2nd seed and almost beaten the eventual champs?

Reply #939947 | Report this post

Mid-30s-baller  
Earlier this month

We have Bryce, who went on a tear to keep us a float in many games to get to second. I don't mind the roster, just feel what we need and spaces available aren’t necessarily lining up to make changes. But maybe the guys on the bench will actually be allowed to play this season. In which case, no idea how we might actually look because 3-4 bench players rarely took to the court. Bryce, Pinder and Usher were the only players to average over 10pts for the season. Hoping to see Doolittle score a bit more this season, definitely capable of averaging more than 8.97ppg.

Reply #939961 | Report this post

MaxM  
Earlier this month

Some interesting signings according to Michael Randall, bit of merry go round:
- Le'Afa set to join Sydney as a replacement for Glover
- Mitch McCarron set to join NZ as a replacement for Le'Afa

Reply #939973 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this month

It's a combination of both - this playing roster with Rillie. The latter requires even more firepower to paper over his deficiencies.

Reply #939987 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two weeks ago

Waardenburg till end 26 and Goulding till end 27 seasons, both very good signings for Cairns and Melbourne.

Reply #940248 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two weeks ago

"With NBL free agency set to begin on Monday, United have Matthew Dellavedova, Shea Ili, Luke Travers, Kyle Bowen, Tanner Krebs, Flynn Cameron and Goulding all under contract. “

That's pretty strong in terms of 1-3 (possibly 4). Would they go with two import 5-men, or a 5 and a 5-4?

Reply #940255 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two weeks ago

Cooks really getting good stats in the b league at present, problem is they haven't won a game since Mooney got injured.

Reply #940258 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two weeks ago

Perth have picked up Tai Webster's team option, but not corey Webster's.

You would think they are now out of the WMW race

Reply #940267 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Two weeks ago

Would it MaxM? They'll need another ball handler on the bench and there wouldn't be a lot of cash left if they succeed in getting WMW and perhaps another import.

Reply #940269 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two weeks ago

They literally have no spaces left now. Dontae Russo-Nance and Michael Harris are being elevated from DP to roster spots, Kyle Zunic and Corey Webster are departing.

With Tai and Jesse resigned, Perth have no local spots left unless they buy someone out.

So all they have left is an import/next star.

Reply #940273 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Two weeks ago

Perth right now
Webster/Russo-Nance
Cotton/Harris/Henshall
Harris/
Doolittle/Wagstaff/Okwera
Pinder

Unless cut or buy someone out they have one next star and a marquee/import.

Reply #940276 | Report this post

Andrew  
Two weeks ago

So here's the Wildcats squad. What type of import & next star do they need?
I personally think a big banger in the middle.

1. Tai Webster / Donte Russo-Nance
2. *Bryce Cotton / Ben Henshall
3. *Kristian Doolittle / Michael Harris
4. Hyrum Harris / Jesse Wagstaff
5. Keanu Pinder / David Okwera

Reply #940277 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two weeks ago

Import 4/5 to start alongside Pinder in place of Hyrum, who can also play some solo 5 as well.

Reply #940278 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two weeks ago

Simon Mitchell, GM of basketball operations. He's always been a very personable people person, good luck to him, him and Kelly should be good together.

Reply #940282 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two weeks ago

Wow - New Zealand apparently are likely to sign Jonah bolden and Mojave king according to Michael Randall

Reply #940301 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two weeks ago

Wow - New Zealand apparently are likely to sign Jonah bolden and Mojave king according to Michael Randall

Reply #940304 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two weeks ago

Kings without both fives from last season if true and rumours are correct.

Reply #940305 | Report this post

LV  
Two weeks ago

Where's Hunter going?

Would be a good pickup for United to replace Hukporti.

Reply #940311 | Report this post

word14  
Two weeks ago

Most likely spot for Hunter has been reported as the Phoenix

Reply #940313 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two weeks ago

I'd be tipping Japan

Reply #940316 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two weeks ago

Yep, Japan is what I've heard is most likely.

Reply #940324 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two weeks ago

Not sure about bolden but hard to judge for nbl from last season. He wasn't overwhelming but most of the kings underperformed.

King is solid but doesn't seem to fit either SG or PG so I guess just a backup combo guard. Would prefer leafa

Also lots of rumors WMW to the kings which looks more likely than cats and bullets based on rosters

Reply #940335 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Two weeks ago

Breakers-wise, I hear that they're the favourites to sign McCarron, Cam Gliddon appears to be re-signing and Dame Sarr is the upcoming Next Star coming to Auckland.

With that in mind, the Breakers rotation would look like this:

Bolden / Pineau / (Local - Risetto?)
Import* / Mennenga
Import* / (Local - Te Rangi?)
Sarr (NS) / King / Gliddon
PJC* / McCarron

While a little less Kiwi than anticipated, there is some talent there. Would like to see Te Rangi return and be the veteran/hustle-oriented leader on the bench.

Reply #940340 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two weeks ago

The free agents list is out, Hukporti listed at United as next star, how long do next stars contracts go, seem like he been here for ever.

Reply #940385 | Report this post

RobT  
Two weeks ago

PyroCross, I like your line up but ask is Bolden a STARTING Centre with Pineau as back-up. Would rather see Bolden start at the 4 with an import Centre. As in:

Import*/ Pineau / (Local - Risetto?)
Bolden / Mennenga
Import* / (Local - Te Rangi?)
Sarr (NS) / King / Gliddon
PJC* / McCarron

Small detail, just think that they need a bit more size and see that as the C's role.

Reply #940391 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two weeks ago

List missing Pinder and Doolittle as contracted players, perhaps more missed

Reply #940394 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two weeks ago

Gary Clarke on list, hawks better get the cheque book out.

Reply #940396 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two weeks ago

Cooks also missing, if his signing is legitimate.

Reply #940397 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two weeks ago

RobT that's a very weak bench imo

Reply #940398 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two weeks ago

Savvy move from Perth to renegotiate Dontae Russo-Nance into another DP season, rather than a full roster spot.

They now have a free local roster spot.

Reply #940413 | Report this post

RobT  
Two weeks ago

I agree hoopie, I was referring to the 4/5 spot only. Without a couple of gun imports, their starters look weak.

Reply #940431 | Report this post

rareairunc  
Two weeks ago

I've heard WMW has now ruled jj's out as he feels its a lose-lose situation. if they win again they've already done that and if they dont win it all again its his fault and they should've kept j.crawford. Sydney and brisbane front runners at this stage with sydney most likely

Reply #940433 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two weeks ago

Yeah apparently WMW to Sydney...

Reply #940434 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Cooks back in the winners circle with the return of Mooney to the team. Both with very good stats, kings need to bring that defensive big in the middle.

Reply #940522 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last week

Kyrin galloway has agreed to a multi-year deal with Cairns, per Michael Randall

Reply #940523 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Very good result for taipans if true, Waardenburg in the five, his best spot and Galloway in the four, building nicely.

Reply #940531 | Report this post

KET  
Last week

Shittttt another one gets away.
Sigh.

Reply #940533 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Last week

So the WMW situation confuses me.

Doesn't seem like there's money in Perth, and I doubt Tai will accept a bench role.
The Tassie option appears to have gone.
Sydney was thought to be the favourite, but has that stance now gone?
Brisbane wants to sign WMW to a roster with Isaac White, Mitch Norton and Shannon Scott already signed to play the 1?

Did the marquee FA market fall out the bottom for Will?

Reply #940537 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

Is Gorjok Gak to Tassie anything other than rumour at this stage? Or is it a deal that's been/set to be done

Reply #940538 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Tomorrow might start the ball rolling, imo Gak is just a rumour, agents getting their players out there, it's quite often the case the ones that are very quiet or no rumours get done.

Reply #940543 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

Fair point, if the JJs don't get Lee back I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a target for them though

Reply #940546 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last week

Ausssie Hoopla Free Agency tracker has Gak to Jackies. nOt reported anywhere else.

Reply #940547 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

We'll wait and see then

Reply #940548 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last week

Perth interested in Lat Mayen, per Lachy Reid

Reply #940552 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last week

The mayen doesn't make sense for me doolittle / hyrum would be started the devlopment of henshall then wagstaff and okwera.

like Lachy reid also report Travers was gonna be back at perth this last season

Reply #940553 | Report this post

KET  
Last week

I like the NBA trade deadline approach of the NBL having a live stream

Reply #940554 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Last week

Is there any legitimacy to Motum returning? Or is it just same rumour we get this time every year?

Reply #940556 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Motom playing b2 league, I'm not certain he’d be good enough anymore, certainly for the money he’d want.

Reply #940560 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Sobey officially to SEM confirmed. Time will tell on this signing, certainly at defensive end.

Reply #940569 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last week

So far we've got

Wani Swaka Lo Buluk - 3 years with the Hawks
Bul Kuok - 3 years with the Kings
Jonah Bolden - 1 year with the Breakers
Mitch McCarron - 2 years with the Breakers
Mojave King - 1 year with the Breakers
Nathan Sobey - 2 years with Phoenix (mutual option 2nd year)
Angus Glover - 2 years with Phoenix
Keli Leaupepe - 3 years with the Kings
Lat Mayen - 1 year with the 36ers
Deng Adel - 1 year with the Bullets
Kyrin Galloway - 2 years with the Taipans
Gorjock Gak - 2 years with the JackJumpers
Tyler Robertson - 3 years with the Kings
Jackson Makoi - 1 year with the Taipans

Reply #940571 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Nice work LaPark, keep it up thanks.

Some good signings and some very average, Deng is playing 2nd league in France, maybe some these guys are total budget players.

Reply #940573 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last week

Izayah Le'Afa - 2 years with the Kings

Reply #940574 | Report this post

LV  
Last week

Cooks, Kuol, L'Afa - Kings will be locking everyone down at the defensive end

Reply #940576 | Report this post

LV  
Last week

Ian Clark is the interesting big name other than WMW- he's still available? I remember he indicated interest in staying in NBL

Reply #940577 | Report this post

LV  
Last week

Sorry! Gary Clark from the Hawks I meant to say

Reply #940578 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last week

Tyler Robertson looks like an interesting signing. 5 year college player so a little older, strong senior season stat wise.

Gary Clark loves Australia by all reports, I think he'll be back, but the Hawks will need to pay up if it will be in Illawarra.

Reply #940579 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last week

Pretty happy with the Breakers signings so far.

Reply #940586 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last week

Same, Breakers have done well. McCarron will be fine in a bench role, King might be an impact player, and Mody might be able to get more out of Bolden who turned into a bit of a one-trick pony after the game where he caught fire from deep last season.

Reply #940589 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last week

Agree mystro. The panel were talking of them signing an import centre but I'd rather a pf that can play some sf and a high level sg

Brantley and barry brown returning would be fine!

Interesting theirs some whispers of mantas returning but I can't see it happening personally. Think of he misses the nba he'd rather Europe

Reply #940591 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last week

Breakers signings have upside although risk involved.

Will still need another decent local player if Delany leaves.

If Rubstavicius comes back will help.

Reply #940600 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last week

Both Mennenga & Bolden are listed as 6'8" forwards so I wouldn’t be opposed to a 6’10” 6’11” import Centre. Then an Import SF in the ilk of Hopson, athletic with a handle, decent 3 ball.

Reply #940601 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Bolden is at least 6'10", he’s always wanted to be a guard and imo kept his height less. Menengas stats in his Greece stint are not that encouraging and he’s playing big minutes. PJC covers a lot holes though.

Reply #940602 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

With the signing of Gak to JJs, Roth is probably going to get him to be a polished diamond from a rough one, you would think Lee becomes available.

Reply #940608 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last week

Bolden has been listed at 6'8 his entire college and professional career - he is not 6'10.

Jordan Hunter is 6'10 and Bolden is noticeably shorter than him, Pinder looked taller than Bolden as well when they played.

Mystro - it's been reported that Bolden is gonna be playing PF at NZ, which is more of his natural position.

Reply #940609 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

Yeah very keen to see how Roth molds Gak to be a JJs player

Reply #940610 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last week

Mystro - if breakers sign import C & SF then who's going to play SG?? The nbl doesn't suit import centres IMO. They're generally whistled out of the game even on offence so provide poor value. Like big sauce

Reply #940612 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last week

Maybe Rubstavicius returns as a NS if there isn't any draft interest?

PJC / McCarron
Rubstavicius / King
Import / ?
Bolden / Mennenga
Import / Pineau

Anzac Rissetto
Dan Fotu
Reuban TeRangi

Any other local options?

Reply #940613 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last week

Safe to assume that WMW to Perth is kaput considering Cats weren't mentioned in the list of teams chasing him on marketplace today? I read on Cats FB supporters page (likely nonsense) Baynes and Cats potentially in talks. Dunno how I feel about that is he scrap heap material or just a crappy season? Seems to be roidy with the outbursts and physical play.

Reply #940614 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Delaney is still under contract? I believe, he's a four. It looks to me that breakers are spending less this season.

Reply #940615 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last week

Delaney has a player option and won't be taking it up apparently so Bolden is his replacement.

Pardon would be great to bring back as an import C and Ian Clark or similar would make the team very competitive.

Dame Sarr has been linked to the Breakers. As much as I loved Mantas, Sarr is an upgrade.

Reply #940616 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last week

I read on Cats FB supporters page (likely nonsense) Baynes and Cats potentially in talks. Dunno how I feel about that is he scrap heap material or just a crappy season? Seems to be roidy with the outbursts and physical play.

It reads like fan fiction, even SEG aren't that dumb surely.

He definitely appears roidy.

Reply #940618 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last week

I don't agree that Dame Sarr would be better than Mantas - Mantas was statistically the best next star last year from a production stand point and one of the most offensive offensive players in the league.

Sarr is much higher up draft boards because he's 18 and more athletic, but scouting reports I have read suggest he lacks a lack of polish and creation - which is what you would expect.

Also apparently Mantas is definitely not back next year. If not drafted, then will be in Europe. Unfortunate, he was so smooth to watch.

Reply #940620 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last week

Most efficient offensive players*

Reply #940621 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Mantas was great, will be a better player than some of those drafted.

Reply #940622 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Initial surge now all quiet. Hopefully WMW makes his decision so sides can start chasing othe point guards.

Reply #940631 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last week

Yeah once MWM decides I think we'll start seeing some updates re: imports as well.

Reply #940633 | Report this post

TrevorTorrance  
Last week

what did I miss? The cats get no one?

Reply #940636 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last week

what did I miss? The cats get no one?

Yes they got no one.

They tried a couple and failed.

But they already have much of their roster filled and are only looking for 2 spots.

https://nbl.com.au/news/how-perth-gained-added-roster-flexibility

Reply #940645 | Report this post

TrevorTorrance  
Last week

ok damn- thanks

Reply #940650 | Report this post

word14  
Last week

Jackjumpers have parted ways with Jarred Bairstow. No surprise as they have to clear some spots for Gorjok Gak as well as promoting MacDonald from DP to main roster. Expect a similar announcement regarding the departure of Tom Vodanovich in the coming days. Bairstows departure leaves Magnay, McVeigh, MacDonald, Steindl and Krslovic as the 5 players who have been with the JJs from the beginning who will play with them in NBL25.

Reply #940662 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last week

WMW is asking for huge dollars on multiple years. Way out of Perth's range after some talks they just can’t meet his demands.

Reply #940665 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Last week

Wmw is talented and in demand, but has he shown consistency to warrant it?
You can go back to juniors, to college etc, injuries and inconsistency always follow him.
Season before last was great, took the breakers to a sniff of a championship, and showed every bit of his talent, but are we going to see it next year or more injuries etc?

Reply #940666 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Agree 100% Billy Bob, it's a risk and reward signing, hopefully who gets him it’s more reward.

Reply #940667 | Report this post

KET  
Last week

Surprised no Tom Wilson chat - are we thinking Perth? SEM? Sydney even?

Reply #940676 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Have you followed tigers in nbl1 south, have a look at stats, certainly the plus minus column. In saying all that, clubs have now time to see how things pan out, he like others are probably not top of the radar at present.

Reply #940678 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Last week

Free agents I thought we'd hear rumours about by now...

DJ Mitchell
Corey Webster
Reuben Te Rangi
Anzac Rissetto
Craig Moller

How many of these five are in the NBL next season? I'm hoping the Breakers pickup Te Rangi and Anzac, and it'd be utterly hilarious (and saddening) if we do another go-around with Corey.

Reply #940720 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last week

Te Rangi was probably one of the worst rotation players in the NBL next year, for the Breakers' sake I hope if anything he just a bench leadership role if he goes there

Reply #940721 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last week

I don't think mody will take te rangi and I hope that's the case too

Doesn't seem to be an obvious role available for risetto

Reply #940723 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Moller probably heading OS, SEM should try keep him though as he was probably there best till injury. Rissetto showed a bit as well and still very young. Mitchell like Moller was very good till injury. The rest could be late picks or injury replacements.

Reply #940727 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last week

I don't understand NBL clubs and their aversion to Moller.

Reply #940737 | Report this post

LV  
Last week

How do you know NBL clubs have an aversion?

Would be a great pickup for United's last local spot. Doubt they'll be able to afford him though- since he'd effectively be replacing Newley.

Reply #940745 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last week

Hunter signs a three year deal with SEM, with an Asia opt-out every year INCLUDING this year. Not surprised Sydney moved on to be honest, quite a gamble as he will attract top dollar in Japan given how he is playing in EU right now.

Reply #940746 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last week

Will WMW be forced to take up his player option with the Breakers because he's priced himself out of the market?

Reply #940752 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Moller had injuries, lots players do, he's also got euro experience so imo he probably not settling for a low dollar contract, my grapevine is that a few clubs are looking closely.

Reply #940754 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Is that confirmed on Hunter, did hear this a few weeks back though, if correct and SEM got Hunter, Glover, they should chase moller again for trifecta of kings players. Hunter and Moller were good mates in kings days.

Reply #940756 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last week

Hunter news posted by league mouth-piece Olgun so paper may not have been faxed to NBL HQ yet but as official as can be without being posted by the NBL themselves.

Reply #940757 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

It's a strange set up with out clause, you think he would be a big chance over there, certainly now he has shown good form in Latvia.

Reply #940763 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last week

Moller had injuries, lots players do, he's also got euro experience so imo he probably not settling for a low dollar contract, my grapevine is that a few clubs are looking closely.

Good to hear.

Reply #940775 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last week

Pretty sure once WMW waives his option he can't reneg unless they both agree for a new contract. And there'd be other teams willing to pay more than the breakers you'd hope considering they don't need a starting PG

Reply #940776 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:55 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754