word14
Two months ago

NBA draft lottery

With just 3% odds the Atlanta Hawks won the lottery and get pick 1.

1. Atlanta
2. Washington
3. Houston
4. San Antonio
5. Detroit
6. Charlotte
7. Portland
8. San Antonio
9. Memphis
10. Utah
11. Chicago
12. Oklahoma
13. Sacramento
14. Portland

Topic #51984 | Report this topic

Cram  
Two months ago

Raptors leaned in to the tank so they could keep their pick this year, dropped and lost it anyways.

It means they control their pick next year, but you'd be hoping to be back in the playoffs next year so its a #6 in a "poor" draft compared to (hopefully) a #20 in the stronger draft and a year later. Definitely wished we could have kept it this year to get another player that can help.

Ah well.

Reply #941532 | Report this post

word14  
Two months ago

Yeah I've seen a lot of websites describing this as a 'nightmare worst case scenario' maybe a bit dramatic but certainly not ideal. At least it happened in a year with a fairly weak draft class.

Reply #941534 | Report this post

curtley  
Two months ago

This unlikely outcome won't stop 5-6 teams a year from tanking.

Reply #941536 | Report this post

word14  
Two months ago

curtley yeah your sadly right

Reply #941537 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two months ago

Pistons get the spoon for the second straight year, and will pick fifth for the second straight year; Atlanta talk went from Young on the trade block, to maybe they can add Sarr and move on from Capela.

I wonder if the Spurs will get enough from this draft to make their move, or if they'd wallow one more year? It would take a trade or free agent to get them into contention.

Reply #941540 | Report this post

word14  
Two months ago

Yeah very unfortunate for the Pistons. If the Spurs don't make their move next season they’ll be damn close to it I reckon.

Reply #941541 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two months ago

I could see them being hampered if, for example, their picks didn't really get them over the line, and any FA/trade targets got poached. It's not like they made any serious moves last season.

I think the Spurs have Atlanta's 2025 first round pick, so seeing them improve isn't in their interests.

Reply #941545 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

Sarr seems to be almost unanimous at #1, with Klintmann and Furphy possible 1st-rounders

Reply #942196 | Report this post

word14  
Two months ago

If he goes #1 the NBL will probably milk the hell out of it, can't say I blame them but brace for a lot of Sarr posts lol

Reply #942200 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

That feel when they announce him and say from "the Perth Wildcats".

Reply #942202 | Report this post

KET  
Two months ago

For non-college internationals I think they announce the nationality?

Reply #942210 | Report this post

Cram  
Two months ago

I dont think its consistent but sometimes they'll announce both. Even for college internationals I think they've been doing that.

Reply #942212 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two months ago

"With the first pick in the 2024 NBA draft the Atlanta Hawks select Alexandre Sarr from the Perth Wildcats" will be the most played soundbyte for the next year if it happens, looking forward to it!

Reply #942213 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

"With the first pick in the 2024 NBA draft the Atlanta Hawks select Alexandre Sarr from the Perth Wildcats"

Giggity.

Reply #942215 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two months ago

More likely Sarr out of Bordeaux, France.

Reply #942216 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

Some articles are suggesting that Lakers are under pressure to draft Bronny if they want to hold onto LeBron

Reply #942235 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:02 pm, Sat 27 Jul 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754