Woody
Years ago

Paul Rees the Legend

Paul has devoted himself to the sixers and now the sixers need to repay him by retiring his jersey.

Whos with me?

Topic #6157 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

Jeez , lets not worry about the finals ? Wait a year or so , then retire his jersey.

Make sure we budget for cab fare for him though on the night , coz i hear he's quite frugal !!

Reply #69550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are certain criteria that the 36ers changed a few seasons back about retiring NUMBERS, therefore only MD was the only retired number, and when Brett finally retires his number will be retired aswell

Reply #69553 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Not to sure about retiring his number, but certainly honour it in the same way that ninnis was.

Reply #69555 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Dunno, I reckon retiring the Number 53 won't affect anyone.....Not many people wouldn't have 53 as their first choice of number.....I guess Ninnis's number (I think he wore 9...correct me if I'm wrong)is more popular and should be used again....seems a bit weird and they should probably have a certain criteria before they retire a number...don't know if Ninnis and Rees would have met the criteria???? Anybody shed some light on what criteria should be met before a number is retired to it's player?

Reply #69559 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

All due respect to the big fella but no way they retire his number...

Reply #69565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, he did leave the team to go to brisbane ect.

Reply #69568 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

I love Reesy, but he's not good enough to have his number retired. He is a fan favourite and all but why retire a player who averaged like 8 and 6 for their team when other legendary players like Brooks did a whole lot more!

No disrespect to Reesy here!

Reply #69572 | Report this post

mr black  
Years ago

they should retire his elbows....

Reply #69692 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

na hes not in that league of players who would deserve that. Maher will, Davis and Green did... but Rees was a role player at best... its like chicago retiring Longleys number..... btw Boguts having his Utah college number retired.

Reply #69809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:43 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754