JT
Years ago

Boti Get Over It.

I tell you i am sick of hearing how if Phillips had made that FT that we would have won the game. How about giving the girl some credit. There has been nothing good said about her game at all, i was at the game and she gave it her all.

If we are going to go back and put balme on people, who was the player that was defending that 3? Why didn't Chris Lucas tell the girls to foul to give them 2 shots and not have a chance at the 3. There are many different reasons why we didn't win.

I am sorry but our other big name players seem to go missing around finals times, the only other player that i thought really stood up was Sam Woosnan.

Now lets stop focusing on the negatives and look towards more of the positives.

Congrats to both Laura and Erin on the Commonwealth Games Selection!

Topic #6184 | Report this topic

go eagles  
Years ago

seems he forgot ranford missed 2 free throws and and an open 3 in the final 2 minutes of o/t.

boti missed the boat as far erin went - she won more and will win more games off her own back for the fellas.

it was a greta game and unfortunately someone had to lose.

bad luck for jen screen - just missing on both - good luck in europe - you must be the 13th opal

Reply #69866 | Report this post

go eagles  
Years ago

canberra was well coached - tully with 3 fouls in the first quarter put the skids on - but graf kept her out until absoloute neccesary

Reply #69867 | Report this post

Reece  
Years ago

Ranford is too overated. She fouls all the time. I dont know why he persists with her

Reply #69875 | Report this post

tony blair  
Years ago

I actually think Ranford adds an edge to the team, a bit like Paul Rees and his errant elbows.

She might foul a bit too much but her aggression and defence is what is needed.

In all probabilites we all thought they would lose to Canberra with Whittle and Beatty they already owned the boards add Lauren Jackson and we were always going to struggle IMO.

Carrie Graf has been in finals action so many times and I admire her coaching style. Lauren, Tracey and Jenny Whittle have all had finals experience and LJ and Whittle Opals experience. Tully too has had a lot more experience than some of our girls so on paper we looked like pencilling in a loss even if our hearts dreamed otherwise.

The team played very well and as a young team experience down the stretch cost them. Its easy putting wise heads on young shoulders after the event.

Sure Phillips missed foul shots, sure they were crucial as were the two turnovers in the o/t period.

However, I bet she has beat herself up over it since the event. But she shouldn't be the one singled out for blame there are five players on court. Twelve in the team but coaches and managers.

They should be lauded for the game they played in the spirit they played it in and the half time entertainment on channel two that they provided.

Great Job, Monique and team very well presented.

We were beaten by the team who I think will take out the grand final.

To be beaten in OT sucks but they should all hold their heads high.

We south aussies are proud of our 'fellas'

Reply #69897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not to mention Canberra missed 2 layups.

Reply #69914 | Report this post

Reece  
Years ago

They did do well for a young team I agree but I still think Ranford's defending skills are overated. She may be fiesty but her foul count is huge and her point score minimal.

Reply #69930 | Report this post

Reece  
Years ago

They did do well for a young team I agree but I still think Ranford's defending skills are overated. She may be fiesty but her foul count is huge and her point score minimal.

Reply #69931 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Someone got stuck into Erin for her two turnovers - As i said in another post, she only had 4 turnovers in 40+ minutes.

Give me Erin Phillips any day!

Bad luck girls. :(

Reply #69974 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Tony Blair -

you admire the stomping on the ground, shrieking like a hyena, screaming at anyone and everyone, and accusing refs of cheating, including chasing them down a hallway to scream at them??

Gee....

Reply #70002 | Report this post

tony blair  
Years ago

no yogee did you do that?

Reply #70004 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah boti got both the attacks on willie and erin way wrong. there are too many plays in the last minutes and throughout the games to blame 1 person for the loss.

Reply #70026 | Report this post

mugamug  
Years ago

I think Boti is a pretty smart guy actually.

Reply #70043 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

I watched on ABC and Lucas said to drive on Bevilaqua cos she had 4 fouls - it happened once.

Do you guys think we should've driven at the basket more???

I hate to say it but Abrams 3 was absolutely huge!

Reply #70062 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754