Nothings changed
Years ago

Well done new BSA - nothings changed

Watched the 14 Boys grand final at the Dome yesterday - a real dour battle and well done to both teams.

There was something missing though - A medal presentation for the winners and losers.

I believe the game was brought forward to accommodate both teams heading off to Tassie for next weeks nationals but surely some one from the new BSA structure could have been present to reward both teams on good years.

The players and coaches from both teams deserve that much.

It is difficult to be positive about change if this is the for runner of the new management style to come.

Good luck to all the 3 teams next week on the Apple Aisle and SA sure has a good chance to bring home a medal.

Topic #8549 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

tell me would you have posted if you had've liked something that happened...NO!

how bout thanks BSA for allowing U/14 boys to play at the Dome at a massive loss...

Reply #95557 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

Unless I'm much mistaken, or BSA have issues with future planning, but these sorts of games would be considered an expected loss and factored into their budgeting.

The clubs/players/spectators etc would have paid for the privilege of being at the Dome throughout the season at every normal home-and-away game.

Reply #95559 | Report this post

Nothings changed  
Years ago

Well done anon. Your comment proves that nothing has changed. - "A massive loss".

Game still would have been a good one where ever it was played - Dome or no dome. Think you would find the kids really don't care where it was played.

People like you are the reason the games going backwards.

I Re-iterate it is crap not to present medals on the day - Any age group or gender.

This would not have happened at other professionally run sports

Reply #95561 | Report this post

SB  
Years ago

Criticism is probably a bit unwarranted. No need for a special presentation when everybody gets their trophies at the presentation after the Under 20 grand finals in a few weeks time. We just happen to be playing 2 weeks earlier due to an early nationals. If anything BSA should be congratulated on moving the grand final at the request of the teams going to Tasmania. I'm sure players from both teams are pretty sore today and I'm really glad the game wasn't next Friday when we are travelling most of next Saturday!

Reply #95565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ah but Scott most want to pick at the negatives and never the positives.

Reply #95567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very PC SB - VERY PC!!

Reply #95568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok who won the game????

Reply #95569 | Report this post

SB  
Years ago

We (Sturt) did by 3, but it was a real defensive slog. Having said that both teams played much better than last week's debacle (semi-final), so that was a positive for both, as well as escaping any major injuries so close to Nationals.

Reply #95571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Nothings Changed,

Go chew on one.

Reply #95598 | Report this post

SD  
Years ago

My son has been playing for a few years now, and most the boys & the parents I know do not enjoy going to the Dome. We see playing at the Dome comparable with playing at Port Adelaide.
I think their is a mis conception that playing at the Dome is something special. It is not!

Reply #95609 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

Couldnt agree more SD. The dome would have to be one of the most atmosphere-less places to play a junior game, let alone a junior grand final. The middle court stinks from a spectator point of view as you have 90% of people at 1 end. I know our kids coach hates it for the fact that there is little or no communication to the players when they are at the far end.

Positive feed back only when its due. The same goes for the negitive stuff. The quicker Eddy puts the rent up so the dome it is not an option for junior ball, the better. It just might jolt BSA into doing somthing about some of the other tin sheds that we call stadiums.

Reply #95624 | Report this post

Needs To Change  
Years ago

Settle down, atmosphere-less or not the buzz an u/14 player gets from playing on a centre court/field (weather the stands are filled or not) in what ever the sport may be is something you cannot replace. I believe BSA is heading in the right direction. But you are an idiot if you thought everything would go right from the word go. Give it time and im sure everything will fall into place. On the other hand there are morons like "Nothings Changed" who get on here and winge about nothing for no reason at all. If things are to head in the right direction then surely constructive critisum is needed not the crap that you have come up with.

Reply #95675 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

Needs to change, I have to disagree that u14's get a buzz out of playing at the Dome. My daughter plays u14's with the whole team hating the Dome. There is no exception. My daughter goes on to name Wayville, Pasadena, Mars & Starplex (in that order) as her favorite venues to play district. She goes on to say that if they have to play at the dome they would rather play on the side courts as in her words the middle court "sucks". As a family we love the dome during the NBL season, hate it during the junior district comp.

I have no doubt that kids playing footy on Football park or the MCG at half time during a regular AFL match would get a buzz; but what gives these venues their buzz is the crowd. Little jimmy or sally running onto the "G" at half time during a Collingwood/ Carlton match that has 80,000 people would be awesom.

Running onto centre court at the dome during the regular district season with 50-100 people in the joint does nothing to make the place "special".

Im with Vadersmate; toss the dome as a junior venue. Now that BSA does not have the 6ers pulling much needed money away from grass roots bball, prehaps now we can start putting money back into the facilities so that everyone wins.

Reply #95690 | Report this post

Positive Vibes  
Years ago

Agree with magpie and vadersmate. The Dome is devoid of atmosphere without a crowd for juniors.

"Needs to change" is being a bit harsh. Thought "Nothings changed" made a good point re the medal presentation. BSA have known for months the 14's GF would be early due to the nationals and they (teams)would not be home for the 24th sept - medal presentation day at the dome anyway.

Judging by the body language after the game of the sturt boyz they did not look particularly interested anyway. They looked tired and lethargic or was it that norwood put the acid on them.

Good luck to them all in Tassie

Reply #95708 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

I don't, but if BSA brought the game forward late, perhaps the medals weren't available yet?

Regarding the Dome centre court, it is difficult to coach on, why not just play two courts with the seating in place on the southern side?

Reply #95715 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

Great idea mott the hoople. Thats why this forum is so good, positive or negative comments do get people thinking.

Reply #95844 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:00 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754