Panther
Years ago

Maybe we should Boo!

After reading the Advertiser today in particular Boti's article with Lanard I came up with an idea to help Copes get out of his funk...
"I'm so used to being booed and being heckled coming here with the Tigers," he said. "I played so long against Adelaide, it just doesn't feel right."
So next home game evrytime Copes touches the ball...BOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Who knows, we could see the Copes of old!

Topic #9042 | Report this topic

stef#4  
Years ago

yeah might be a good idea the sixers need something to get them playing better. Maybe they should try playin defence .

Reply #102028 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It should be noted that he said later in the article that he didn't want to be booed!

Also on the topic, Maher said on Talking Hoops that he didn't think teams should be booed on their home court.

I don't know how I feel about it - obviously if people want to express their disapproval they should have a means, but perhaps calling out "get after the loose balls", and "come on x" is a little better?

I applaud the team after each game, but am obviously more enthusiastic after the better performances.

Reply #102035 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

I think booing is a much more precise way to get a message across rather then standing up and shouting "Hey you Sixers, I feel resentful towards you as a team that I forked out hard earned money to sit and watch a half assessed, I-could-care-less effort from the majority of you. Next time can you please not play such a soft, disorganised, uninspired game despite the fact that you have done so three weeks in a row."

I for one wasn't one of the boo birds. But I sure as hell wanted to boo them. I don't know what it was that held me back. I know Maher doesn't agree with it, I can understand that. However, if his team-mates the last three weeks had played with the determination that he himself has shown his entire career, then win or lose, they wouldn't hear any boos.

In my mind, the fans are more than frustrated. They are insulted by the effort shown on the court and by the lack of accountability for it. No one with the Sixers should be surprised by a few fans booing.

Reply #102042 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Well done Jasmine. Last week though I tried to see the funny side of things, looking at us compared to the opposition and also looking at our beloved coach's performance.
And I encourage all to keep a very close eye on Mark Nash, now that really is funny.
I love the way Nash gets the payers together for a chat, probably saying, "now look guys, do something that I cannot do - SCORE!"

Reply #102090 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

I dont agree on the players efforts(#102042)I recon they are all trying.Every time you go on court you just want to burn it up, dosnt matter if its social, district or NBL.

I recon it is the coaching system that is holding us back at the moment. Same voice for to long. Yes we have new (or used) players but the message or system just isnt working.

But I will agree, frusrated.....HELL YEAH.

Boo the opposition, boo the umps (hey one of my kids is an ump but they expect it)but NEVER boo your own team.It shows no class.

The best way to show your disaproval is by leaving an empty seat behind. let them play to a half filled stadium (I guess they have been) That is the best way to get your point across, oh and posting on this forum as well.

Reply #102134 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:52 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754