xztatik
Years ago

Horvath not even considered

In NBL's player of the week, which went to Newley, Nick Horvath (26pts,13rbs,3blk, 92%) was not even listed as one of the players in the running for the honour... no recognition for a fantastic game.

i dont know how to put a link on this thing so just check it out on NBL.com.

Topic #9201 | Report this topic

Josh  
Years ago

He was just pipped by newley so he was up there second in fact but still should of won it

Reply #103938 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

oh ok, they just didnt put him in the list of 'other players in the running' because he was in the actual story. it wouldve been close between him and newls, i agree that horvath shouldve won it though, there's always next week

Reply #103942 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

What, Newley was the right choice. If you watched any of his games this week you would know he was unstoppable.

He's lifted his game to another level and anyone who scores 24 then backs it up with 30 deserves the POTW award.

Reply #104069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they tend to give it to those who can put together 2 good games rather than one good game, if that makes sense. Hence Newley won it.

Horvath had a big game but i guess not big enuff.. perhaps if he scored 35+ points, then he wouldve won it

Reply #104073 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

considering he was told to work on his outside shot before re entering the NBA draft, I reckon he seems to be maturing very quickly into a quality baller..

he would be averaging 22 or so a game wouldn't he??

Reply #104074 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

yeah DB5 21-22... Horvath shouldve won it with 92% though, that was just amazing

Reply #104130 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

That was awesome, I was watching the game, and god damn that commentator's curse!! Casey had just said that Horvath was about to break the NBL record for most shots without a miss, and then he missed the next one...
10 without a miss is pretty sweet though...I think he is equal with about 6-7 other blokes for the record..

Reply #104140 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:10 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754