skudpud
Years ago

Glory Days, The movie

Just watched the movie Glory Days, if you havent yet seen this I really recomend it. Its about Texas Western and the introduction of Black players into American basketball.
Based on a true story, with Pat Riley in the final.
Worth seeing

Topic #9942 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a true story.

Based on a true Story very losley.

In the true story ther coach had been coaching at Texas Western for 5 years prior to the NCAA Championship.

Pat Riley also come out to say that he did not remembe Aldof Rupp having anything derogitory to say anout black players.

Reply #113572 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Great Movie. Really enjoyed it.

Reply #113573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sports Illustrated writer Frank Deford, who was in the Wildcats locker room during half-time of the championship game against Texas Western, reported that Rupp called the Texas Western team "coons".

Reply #113576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the movies actually called "Glory Road"

Reply #113587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where can you see this movie, is it easy to find, most video stores rent it?

Reply #113590 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

Yeh sorry, screwed up the title. I did say it was based on a true story, not that it was a true story. If a director ever films a true story, its probaly going to flop. It also shows in the movie that blacks were playing before this season, but this was the first time a full starting line up was black.

I got my copy of this at a local video store, there were loads of copies of it, only a cple left. Blockbuster would probaly have it.

Reply #113592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cheers

Reply #113604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The movie Rudy is very closely based on the life on a Notre Dame student who trained and ended up playing on their Football team. It is a fantastic movie and very close to being true.

Reply #113619 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

"... RUDY RUDY RUDY RUDY..."

Reply #113676 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:46 am, Tue 7 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754