who is playing
Years ago

U 12 Girls 2 who is there?

I just saw on the U12 Girls 2 ladder that Norwood has gone ahead of southern and north with less points?

I thought that it went on head to head when teams were equal on points.

Have the bylaws changed and no one knows but BSA ?

Topic #14620 | Report this topic

nutter  
Years ago

in grades with an odd number of teams, the ladder positions are sorted by win/loss persentage... therefore norwood is 5 and 4 having a winner percentage of 55%
north and southern are both on 5 - 5 meaning there win/loss percentage is 50%.

hope this clears everything up

Reply #172526 | Report this post

who is playing  
Years ago

even though 2 teams are on 20 points and norwood are on 19

that does not seem fair on the teams that won more games

Reply #172543 | Report this post

Lecturer  
Years ago

They didn't win more games, they LOST more games!

Reply #172575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Happened in the 12 1 girls as well.

Reply #172592 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Read the By-Laws - right hand menu on Sporting Pulse. The ladder is sorted a different way at the end of the season to try to make it fair when there is an uneven number of byes.

Reply #172637 | Report this post

thought process  
Years ago

well Im requesting an extra bye for winter then I get less points and still make finals

Reply #172733 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

who is playing, you may think it is unfair but if your team had made the finals and norwood had not how do you think they would have felt, they would have missed out simply because they played less games not because they were any worse then the teams ahead of them.

Reply #172738 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:32 pm, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754