N808
Years ago

Recourse for refs?

Hi guys,

Just wondering what rights we have as social players when it comes to refs... if you believe you were treated unfairly what is the best way to register a complaint?

For example, I was ejected last night for putting my hands up on D - somehow the ref took that as a disqualifying foul!!

Cheers

Topic #16592 | Report this topic

playa  
Years ago

ya probaly gav de ref a few choice words ta go wit it !!! ... c'mon tell de whole story !!!

Reply #195195 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I would say writing to the Committe of the competition you play in would be a good start.

and yeh, Something doesnt add up their, think there might have been some talk before you did this, BUT, I do know how some umpires go on these power trips and want to be noticed, I hate that..

Reply #195197 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

that wouldn't have been at marden last night??

Reply #195210 | Report this post

J Packer  
Years ago

Don't know Ive seen (Mod: "a ref") throw people out on less.

Now that boy needs to be sent out to the pig farm.

Reply #195240 | Report this post

BanTeleTubby  
Years ago

They don't call court 3 at Port Adelaide the ejection court for nothing!

Reply #195266 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

He called a Uni based game off in the 3rd quarter earlier in the week for some players simply questioning his calls. Wants to get paid whilst waddling as few minutes as he can!

Reply #195286 | Report this post

SDU  
Years ago

ive reported (Mod: "someone") by putting a complaint in with basa before

the things that (Mod: "someone") gets away with are criminal and takes all the fun out of the game

he wasnt allowed to ref my teams games for an entire season

Reply #195293 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

SDU could u place a form on here we could copy and send in to not have him ref our games.

Reply #195341 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Had someone write in with a comment on this that I thought was worth mentioning:

"...he's one of the few refs prepared to do Div 4 games on Wednesday nights."

Reply #195466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warwick Leisure Centre in Perth is a good one for bad refs - all of the refs play there & ref each others games, good luck getting any fair calls.

Few years ago we were playin against a 'ref' team, they only had 4 players that night, anyway 2 of there players were just sitting in the keyway for about 10 seconds, I asked the ref "Why aren't you calling a 3second violation?"
She said "Coz they've only got 4 players"
I replied "So the rules are different for 4 players?"

*Whistle* "unsportsmanlike foul" - ejected from the game.

Was watching another game there & this 6'2 aboriginal player got ejected for playin silly b*ggers or kickin the ball or something, he wasnt impressed so punched out the ref, then as he was walkin off the court punched another ref in the face and broke his nose.

Pretty bad, mind u I was finding it difficult to feel sorry for the refs.

Reply #195543 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

hey alright !!! i wuz jst about ta say lets all get tagether n have a "talk" to de ref .. after de game ..if ya know wat i mean !!

Reply #195663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well i suggest that all social players go out and do a referee course before giving the referees a hard time.

There is usally alot more said before you get disqualified from the game.

Reply #196340 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:58 pm, Wed 8 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754