Anonymous
Years ago

Boomers tips for today

Can we get the game today and if so by how much?

God bless long lunches looking forward to watching this one.

Topic #16964 | Report this topic

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

can we get out of 4th spot even if we win?

its safe to say Croatia will beat Iran... so they will be 3-2, if we win, we will be 3-2, but Croatia have us head to head.

if Argentina happen to lose to Russia, they will also be 3-2.

Argentina own both Croatia & Australia, and Croatia owns Australia, so we would still finish 4th?

Lithuania, will finish 1st even if they lose, so really this game doesn't count for much...

having said that, i think the Lithuanians will be too strong, by 12 points.

Reply #199812 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Final score to Lith. 86 to 76

Bogut to play long minutes until fouled out

Lots of Boy Gorg antics on the sidelines I would suggest

Reply #199817 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Anyone have a link for today? I'm flat out at work and need a really good reason to procrastinate.

Reply #199826 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

thedoctor - wait until the game starts. I think people will be trying all the usual spots and seeing what works.

Reply #199829 | Report this post

_  
Years ago

Channel 7 mentioned the USA today but nothing on the Boomers.... Not confidence building signs in the coverage

Reply #199837 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

With the positions of both teams all but locked in- will we see the reserves play and the starters kept in cotton wool?

Nothing to gain, plenty to lose...

Reply #199855 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think you go with your best and with every intention of winning the game. You don't want to mess around with your form - stick with what is working.
If and when the game appear lost, then go to the bench. It took us 2 games to get going, I wouldn't want to lose that now. We have a great chance at finishing 5th, as I can't see us beating USA even though my heart says we can. My head says otherwise...

Reply #199859 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I hope not Quagmire. The more our best players can learn together against the best teams, the better we will be for the next tournament IMO. It would also be a very worthwhile achievement if we could go home having beaten Lithuania for the first time, especially when they just topped their group!

Reply #199862 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I bet in the second quarter Ch7 will cross to another show to keep with their basket weaving contractual agreements......

Reply #199868 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Oh yeah, my tip... lets see... feeling optimistic...

Boomers by 4 in a boilover

Lithuania to stay about 5-10 points up most of the game...

Then the Boomers to storm home in the final quarter against a Lithuanian team already looking towards their quarter final matchup.

Bogut to posterise a random Lithuanian in the fourth quarter to kick off the Aussie fightback.

Reply #199882 | Report this post

Kristian  
Years ago

Wildcard X factor for this game will be Brad Newley - He was a member of the Australian team that won the 2003 FIBA Under-19 World Championship in Greece, where he scored 16 points against Lithuania in the final - perhaps he'll step up and have another big game against a team he has a good history with....

Reply #199886 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Live scores anyone???

Reply #199896 | Report this post

Porcelain  
Years ago

c7 No coverage youve done it again

Reply #199897 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Great start from Boomers - Bogut has 9, Newley 5. Leading 14-8 early.

http://fiba-live.sportresult.com/events/FIBAosg2008/teams.asp?event_id=OSG08&game=MA14

That is for the box score. I don't have a live feed yet. Anyone found one?

Reply #199899 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Just noticed someone called 'Skip' asking for Aus v Lit on Stooge TV... is that our Skip? Hopefully get a response from Stooge soon.

Reply #199901 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Wasn't me no.

Reply #199903 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

20-8 now... Wortho and Mills hitting a 3 each!

Way to get out of the blocks guys!

Reply #199905 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:03 am, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754