sponge bob
Years ago

u21 womens GF

congrats to Norwood - bad luck Sturt.

0.5 of a second left - Surt up by 1 with two free throws to the flames.

Flames miss both - but get farly easy rebound and she puts it up and whammo - 1 point win with buzzer beater.

winners can laugh, losers can please themselves.

Topic #2204 | Report this topic

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

who scored it? and who missed the foul shots?

Reply #24857 | Report this post

sponge bob  
Years ago

the tallish girl missed the throws - ? the older von einem girl???

one of the guards iced the shot - ? Dean's daughter ???

just a guess - i am not that up with the norwood girls names

Reply #24858 | Report this post

basil fawlty  
Years ago

Lindsay Haylock - the Sturt coach - did one of the most intelligent things i have seen for ages - he called a second time out whilst the girl was waiting for her shots with 0.5 secs left - just made her sweat a bit longer - and she missed them both!

very smart...

Reply #24860 | Report this post

basil fawlty  
Years ago

which reminds me - i was at Wayville the other week and the clocks on courrt 1 were out - they were showing 0. something when the times were cleared - mmmm....

Reply #24867 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Carly Stark missed the FTs. Jess Smart hit the game winning shot.

Reply #24890 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

excuse me the "sponge bob" who wrote this is not the sponge bob that usually writes in so who ever got this thread started please change your name as i wouldnt congratulate norwood as i play for another club. thankyou

Reply #24896 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Congratulations to Norwood.

Re#24896 "please change your name as i wouldnt congratulate norwood as i play for another club".

Is it just me or is that a stupid comment!

Reply #24904 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

agreed .. pegs ... stupid comment from the 'real' sponge bob..

Well done to the Norwood girls .. love to hear close calls like that .. great for spectators!!

Reply #24905 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY PEGS AND SKYHOOK THAT WHY WOULD I START A THREAD THAT WOULD CONGRATULATE NORWOOD I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE U 21 GIRLS COMP SO THAT WAS AN IMPOSTER USING MY NAME.

Reply #24924 | Report this post

he-man  
Years ago

Hey i know what it is like Sponge Bob. Someone has posted something crazy using my real name.
I wasn't happy but what can you do?? Just let it slide champ.

Can you guys tell me. When was this Grand Final? From my understanding the seasion only started last week? What teams are good in the womens u 21's?

Reply #24941 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

It was the summer season GF. They has to postpone the semi & grand finals for U20 men & U21 women due to the U20 nationals which were at the end of February.

Reply #24942 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Sponge bob.. I guess you dont like Norwood then.. does that make you a Sturt fan or player ?.. or just against the Flames?
Listen to he-man and chill a little .. high blood pressure is not good for you.

Reply #24946 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

i dont hate norwood and i dont play for sturt! it is good that norwood won and beat sturt i just wouldn't go out of my way to say congrats thats all!

Reply #24948 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

fair enough .. glad you aint a 'hater'

Reply #24951 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

cheers skyhook!

Reply #24955 | Report this post

buzzer beater  
Years ago

Bad luck to you sturt girls that grand final was yours to win and you definately had it stolen but congrats to Norwood also

Reply #24987 | Report this post

sorry - i did not realize there was another sponge bob

Reply #25136 | Report this post

we do not know whop you are anyway sponge bob - so your dignity is spared

take a good long shower and course of antibiotics and you should recover from the thought of congratulating norwood

Reply #25137 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 pm, Wed 8 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754