statue of liberty
Years ago

ABL scores

Just wondering if there is any site we can access that gives us all the box scores for each game?

No one has done a norwood vs woodville write up yet! i take it everybodys forgotten that other teams are playing this round other then sturt and forestville :P And how did norwood get a home game at the Dome?!?!?!

Great to see that Forestville knocked off sturt by 2. Shows that sturt actually does have some weakness and hopefully boosts up the other teams confidence.

Topic #2582 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Boxscores are going up on the stats page. Click the ABL Statistics link and look for the Games listing. I'm cleaning a few things up right now, but the basics are there.

Also, for the top ABL games of the round, see the links in the top-right corner of the front page. Some impressive individual games this week!

Reply #29000 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac you do an excellent job mate.

Reply #29001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

liberty norwood play all home games at the dome they now share it as home court with woodville for the abl season

it has been programmed that way - which planet have you been on?

Reply #29004 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

obviously not this 1

Reply #29028 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Just because there isn't a write up yet...For those of you that weren't at the game, you missed out on a nail biter.
The Mavs got off to a good start getting up by about 12 in the first 6 minutes. The Panthers gave up a lot of offensive rebounds and weren't getting any of the 50/50 balls.
But Hodgy must of put something in the Panthers water because after quarter time they came out firing going on a 16-2 run and scoring 36 points in the quarter, Scott Thur hitting two big three pointers including a four point play.
The scores were pretty close throughout the third quarter and majority of the fourth until the final few minutes.
The Mavs came back to take the lead on some impressive shooting of their own.
Scores were tied at 77 a piece, 34 seconds to go and Panthers ball. Kosmider goes inside to yours truly who looked at dunking on Trebilcock but passed out to Scott Thur who took the mid range jump shot. The ball bounced off the ring (just Scotty) and fell into the hands of Panther himself who put it back up and in to give the Panthers a 2 point lead with about 8 seconds to go.
The Mavs came down and got a pretty good look but to no avail South coming up with the ball after the Mavs knocked it out of bounds. Damian Scanlon was fouled with 1 second to go and went down the other end to ice two free throws which sealed it for the Panthers.
Good win, setting up for a good contest with Sturt this week.

Reply #29121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you are my hero panther

Reply #29142 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

Did anyone get protected this week Panther?

Reply #29143 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Thanks anonymous. Your mine too, even though you don't have the balls to use your name!
Graeme, not sure if anyone got protected, only got a chance to see my game, i'm sure other people could answer your question though.
Looking at the boxscores, both Jye and Dix got to the stripe a few times again but that's expected.

Reply #29144 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I thought that a few times at Southern the refs could have called Snake for some fouls, but then he didn't get much love taking it to the hoop either. Nash didn't get any favours. No protection down South!

Reply #29148 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

I was actually referring to anyone in your game mate. I didn't see any other games this weekend other than the games at Marion

Reply #29150 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Libertine... to say that Nash wasn't protected would be off the mark imho. Here are two example off the top of my head.
1) Gerlach caught the ball on the break in the 1st quarter and was called for a questionable travel on the layup yet Nash does the same in the 3rd, clearly travells and yet is allowed to casually dunk the ball.

2) Nash takes a dive on yet another Bowley o-board and gets the call. It was a crucial time in the 4th and cost the Tigers 2 points. He was actually giggling to himself after that call.

On a more positive note, great to see him back on the hardwood and playing well. Wish him well for an NBL comeback free from further injury trouble.

Reply #29151 | Report this post

Just for you ... Statue of Liberty ,

I was at the Norwood and Woodville game .
A few observations:

Wilson from Woodville was deadly from the 3 pt line, mind you the rotation in D for Norwood was a bit lapse...
Will Foster for Norwood made an imediate impact in the 1 st qtr blocking (and changing) several shot attempts by the Woodville forwards/guards.
Woodville seemed to be better on the break than the Flames and it took some individual brilliance from Scott Arnold in D to turn things around in the late stages of the 1st.
2nd Quarter was pretty scrappy from both sides .. despite the scoreline being low .. both teams were seemingly in cruise control. Woodville frustrated Norwood with a lot of on ball screens and good penetration.
3rd Quarter...
Rees got a few timely boards and helped his team bring back a defecit that was up to about 14 or so pts.Bell got a couple of nice assists and steals, but Krause and Webber were struggling to get points on the board. It was mostly the bench that was scoring for the Flames Ben Lomman being the diference with some great hustle, And Mapunda and no. 13 (sorry?) doing damage for Woodville.

The Jones and Rees match up was a good one ... Ree's in my opinion getting the best of Jones who looked a little tired (understandably) by the end of the qtr.
4th quarter Woodville continued with some good mid/long range shooting (Wilson dangerous)and Norwood could not get their offensive guns firing. Passing was a bit sloppy at times from both teams, and this cost them both lay-ups in the open court.
Fouls in the key were the real difference in this qtr with Woodville being more aggressive inside. Puddifoot got a few.. but not many points.

Woodville running it out (literally) by more than a handful !

Quiet games (spec. view) from Krause (norw.) , Puddifoot (wood.) , Januske (Norw.)

Reply #29153 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

No one was looked after in our game, obviously no superstars!!!

Reply #29156 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Blue Collar - Gerlach DID travel on that call, but so did Nash on the dunk!

I thought Nash WAS fouled by Bowley, but he just made a meal out of it, milking the call, making it look suss. He would've won the academy award!

Nash DID get called for some soft fouls in the 2nd half right in front of me.

I think Gerlach could have got called for a few body fouls, especially the one when Craddock schooled him to the hoop.

Reply #29186 | Report this post

Immanuel  
Years ago

Skyhook - i <3 u man

nice write up may i add too

Reply #29198 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 pm, Wed 8 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754