Mystro
Years ago

Breakers Vs Crocs Semi Game1 Vector

Looking forward to the finals starting and hoping the Breakers can go back to back. can't see a Crocs team that has lost every game to NZ this season troubling the home team too much in front of over 9000 Breaker fans.

Topic #27942 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

did up a game preview on my blog bankedshot.blogspot.com if interested. should be a good game and closer then people think IMO

Reply #356514 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I don't think it will be a blow out but the Breakers should get the win, their record at home speaks for itself

Reply #356604 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I would give anything to see the Crocs knock off the Breakers! These teams macth up alot more evenly than many give credit, Breakers are good, but havent got that killer blow like last years team. Crocs in an upset.

Reply #356653 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Haven't got the killer blow like last year?

They finished with one more loss than last season and could have finished with the same record but played their bench against the Blaze and 13-1 at home is pretty impressive.
Only a few hours till tip off and then I guess we'll see how it goes

Reply #356659 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ims sure the record is same or better, i havent really checked, but just something about their game play, that doesnt that made them so fearful not too long ago. I guess Kirk Penney makes a team like that huh!

Reply #356674 | Report this post

G Rudd  
Years ago

Mystro, they may not have won the game against the Crocs either as we played our bench for the last one and a half qtrs and they had their starting five playing. Croc is an upset.

Reply #356696 | Report this post

G Rudd  
Years ago

Sorry, that should read Crocs in an upset.

Reply #356698 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Congrats, Crocs played great. Shot the lights out and made the Breakers look very average. I stand corrected lmao Credit where credit is due and Townsville played very good tonight and have good shot at taking the series.

Reply #356706 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Wow!!

Question is now, Crocs to clean sweep? or Breakers to repeat what they did last year to the Perth?

I doubt if the crocs drop their home game they could go back to NZ and beat them again! But I guess no one thought they would have won this game either.

Reply #356708 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Crocs will sweep this series. Have been a sleeper all season. Did enough to stay competitive through out the year whilst Schenscher was out, and his inclusion in the second half of the season, not only has him fresh now, but has them ticking over. Very happy with this result!

Reply #356713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mystro how would they have a shot at the tittle? Think they can beat Perth?

Reply #356730 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

GREAT win by the Crocs and good to see Holmes showing again why we should never have given him up (Clark should be sacked)

Mims came into the game in the first quarter and was simply huge, kinda went away after that.
Schenscher with 10-8-8 you would take that anyday from a Centre who could have taken alot more shots but went the team game. Good game for DJ to really watch and study for his future.
Crawford and Gill showing that they really want this championship.
Very very good team game by the Crocs will be hard to a dejected looking Breakers team to come back I think, Woolpert might be a drama queen but he deffinetly put the right players out their tonight when they were needed (Clark watch this..then sack yourself).

Abercrombie had a great game tonight as well really without his excellent shooting they would have been down by 20+ at the end of the game.
I wish Abercrombie would leave this team personnally..theres to many people in NZ that are easy to hate and he is just a talent to watch..he went from an athletic go to the basket player tonight to a legitimate shooter.

Commentators were shocking, seriously sh$t. I think they had alot of "little man" syndrome taking every opportunity to try to bag Australia. Wouldnt knock NZ when they did some horrible stuff with only "its not working tonight" comments. Learn how to commentate equally and cut the biast crap. You actually made Carfino look good.

Reply #356737 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Anon: if they play like last night yes they could beat Perth or Gold Coast and win the title without a doubt. They completely took NZ out of their game and forced them into loads of turnovers and controlled the boards and knocked down back to back 3's every time they needed to.
Breakers are very capable of winning the next 2 games if they come out with some intensity and play like they have all season, if not I will be supporting the Crocs for the Finals.

Reply #356746 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

I like you Mystro, great attitude after a heartbreaking loss. Your all class bro.

Reply #356749 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Cheers bro, just call it like I see it and the Breakers got their asses handed to them.
Jacob Holmes was a beast and seemed to hit transition 3's at will :(

Reply #356755 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I agree, kudos Mystro. Game Two should be a beauty.

Reply #356761 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Woolpert and Gill controlled this game like true professionals. Credit to every Crocs player for showing up and putting in defensive effort on every play. Abercrombie showed why he is the best young local talent in this league, as the sole light for the breakers on a dark day.

Also, Gary Wilkinson is one hateable dude.

Pressure is on Townsville now to close it out at home.

Reply #356768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree too u are one of my favorite posters but I still don't think crocs would have beaten Perth playing like that. However I think breakers will beat perth if both get to the gf it's just the way some teams match up

Reply #357211 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think the Crocs would have beat any team playing like that. Their defence was superb and were making the right pass/decision every time on offense. Everyone played well.

The problem with the Crocs against Perth is a mental thing, on top of the fact that Perth are a better ball club. Even when you factor in Perth's disruptive defense, it doesn't fully explain how terribly Townsville play agianst the Cats.

Reply #357258 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754