Raab Himself
Years ago

Sturt vs Fville Preview

In a clash of two perennial powerhouse clubs, this Saturday nights game at Wayville signals what could be the end of an era. Reigning champion Forestville will be going in confident after casting aside the Sabres only 2 weeks aago, but this time elimination looms for the loser.

M. Bowley is in clutch form, with 25 last week including 'the free throw heard round the world'! so the Eagles will have their work cut out trying to contain her as well as the rest of the Bowley Trio. With J. Mahoney coming feverishly close to a triple double last week, she too is finding form and will be an excellent matchup with R.Flanagan et. al.

Overall this is going to be a battle of biblical proportions, with a wealth of womens bball talent on display. I would favour Forestville to get up in this one. Screen is a big game player and loves the challenge. I just dont think Sturt can recover the form of 2000 to push for another shot at North. Forestville however are not far off their championship winning form and would be a worth opponent for all conquering North in the GF.

Thoughts? Predictions? Hype!!! Lets get down to Wayville and support the girls.

Topic #283 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Sturt might get through. They have a strong team and I have expected them to get more wins than they have this year. It'll be a great game whoever wins and Wayville often has a quality atmosphere.

Reply #2178 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Indeed - I'd imagine that Wayville/Forestville will put on a good show and their should be a great turn out for the game.

I think Sturt have the horses to win this one, they're a deep unit. Forestville will need big games from Screen (which is a given), Cherie Smith and Rachel Flangan to compete, but I think Sturt have too many options. If at least one Bowley plays well & Newbold finishes in the paint, then Mahony will run the show well enough to get them over the line.

Reply #2187 | Report this post

freakzilla  
Years ago

Sturt haven't beaten Forestville once this year in 3 attempts so I guess if they keep trying eventually they will win one. They may have the horses but if one stays in the gates then there could be trouble.

Reply #2188 | Report this post

Dog Nuts  
Years ago

Sturt's thoroughbreds will need to get a good jump out the gates and shoot the ball at a better clip than they did against the eagles last time the two teams met, if they are going to be chance. I'm with you freakzilla, if one of those horses begins to buck it might just be season over for the sabres with the eaglettes into another gf.

Reply #2200 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:25 pm, Wed 8 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754