Anonymous
Years ago

AUSA Hoops Class of 2016 Rankings

Do colleges/scouts take any notice of these rankings when deciding on recruitment?

Topic #35444 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #494339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^What he said.

Reply #494340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not at all

Reply #494357 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I doubt it very much...

Reply #494410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mostly likely find most credible scouts wont have heard of the players on those lists.

Reply #494444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Anon, pull your head out of that bucket of sand will ya? The names are among the best in the country, comments and facts may not be totally credible but most named are very decent college prospects and will be already well known.

Reply #494446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The big names are fair enough but many of the smaller or unknown names is some smart promotion for the kids. good luck to them, the more who get to where they want to go the better.

Just getting your name on a list however doesn`t mean a whole lot.

Reply #494448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's also just one persons opinion and they are not the ones picking them so really it's anyone's game if a college likes you

Reply #494454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed, at the end of the day good luck to any of them that get picked up.

Reply #494457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for the responses.

As a close followers of the Juniors (particularly 2015/2016 classes) I thought the order of rankings of some of the players was a bit odd. Some players who had made Australian squads/teams were ranked below players who have never made state teams! I know that isn't a definite indicator but just seemed strange to me.

Reply #494488 | Report this post

BigBird  
Years ago

These rankings are made by unknown individuals.
Their level of credibility in ranking the nations 'best' juniors are extremely questionable.
I wouldn't take any of these rankings very seriously at all.

Reply #494561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

exaclty. this is one guys ranking based on the simple fact he is trying to get kids to sign up to his recruiting service.

Reply #494577 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Haters will always be haters....

Reply #494607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not hating if they're right :)

Reply #494625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

considering ausa hoops doesn't sell a recruiting service, I think it's a stretch to say that is the goal of the rankings..

Reply #494673 | Report this post

BigBird  
Years ago

Haters will always be haters, please.

AUSA Hoops rank kids like ESPN or 247sports rank kids to gauge what 'star level' athlete they are in whilst also offering information on what colleges they are prospects at.

They don't sell a recruiting service per sae, but they advertise and run their business through camps and AAU tours which offer exposure to college scouts.

I have no issue with ranking children, even if it comes off as if they are a tradable commodity, but at least have people that know what they are talking about or even slightly respected in the basketball community formulating these rankings. These are kids at the end of the day, and if you're not providing the most accurate information possible then you're no better than a guy giving a wet blanket to a cold homeless person.

Reply #494677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bigbird, wow! LOL

Absolutely brilliant initiative this website. Who cares if it's accurate/not accurate. it's all subjective anyway, just like ESPN lists etc. there will be debate and discussion.

At the end of the day the kids love it, those involved with the game in this country are DEFINITELY checking the list out. There is no real harm and it is only generating interest and discussion. It's a very positive site as far as I'm concerned!

Reply #494684 | Report this post

anon today  
Years ago

I don't mind the idea of such a list. How can it be improved though, maybe some more credibility added to it? Is this actually necessary?

For a start, it could get the kid's heights right, some appear over inflated. Perhaps explain their height is on court, an inch and a half added for shoes?

More research on each kid could be done, maybe some more video or at least try to contact someone involved for some more feedback and confirmation on some facts?

Get a state or national coach to comment on some of the kids and their good points or a college scout to put their name on a comment or two?

Nothing too outrageous I might ad, just something to be positive about. The list is for college prospects, isn't it?

If so then there would be some kids not in national teams because they don't fit what our national coaches need or they already have similar players.

To fit a college program is different, so I think that's why some kids are ranked above others. The list is okay if you don't treat it too seriously.

Reply #494691 | Report this post

BigBird  
Years ago

"Who cares if its accurate/not accurate"...

Wow. Lets just leave it at that.

Reply #494692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The debate endeth by order of BigBird!

Reply #494693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BigBird 1, anon 0.

Reply #494698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it loses a bit of credibility by putting Humphries ahead of Maker. Don't get me wrong, Humphries is a legit 5 star talent but if you ask college/NBA scouts who the better play is/Who they'd prefer on their team, 99 percent would say Maker.

Reply #494885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Very debatable anon. I'd say most coaches/scouts would want Humphries (7'0, 250 lbs) than Maker (7'1, 200 lbs). They're equally skilled. The hype around Maker is so over the top. Humphries' 41 pt, 19 rb, 5 blk game against a legit Canada team showed that he's a legitimate shot at the #1 player in the US, let alone Australia

Reply #494887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will both be legit college or NBA prospects, I wouldn't be too concerned about their ranking here.

Reply #494950 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:07 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754