MACDUB
Years ago

Kentucky vs 76ers

7 game series.

Who do you have?

I'm with Bledsoe. I think UK could beat them in a 7 game series.

Kentucky is just scary this year - they might just be the most talented college team we've seen in a very long time.

On the other hand, the 76ers are a joke. I'm all for developing talent and I recognise it's a re-building phase.

But to be so uncompetitive in games and lose by the margins they are losing by is not good.

But to lose the games by an average of

Topic #35959 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's an interesting discussion point, but let's be realistic.

No college team is going to beat an NBA team, no matter how bad.

Reply #503784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kentucky in 7. I think Kentucky in a one off. Philadelphia aren't just another NBA team - they are absolutely horrible.

Reply #503785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are horrible, agreed. But they are all NBA players, albeit not very good ones.

Some of Kentucky's players will one day play NBA, aome may play in leagues elsewhere, some will never be good enough to play professionally so will never play again after college.

Tu actually believe that Kentucky could win is pretty naïve IMO.

Reply #503789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kentucky might just have 10 future draft picks actually.

Reply #503807 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Please ....76 ers easily

Reply #503822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If there was a draft pick at stake, 76ers would lose.

p.s. I'll be browned off if/when they flick Brett Brown once they finish their asset shelving activities.

Reply #503823 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Absolutely no chance Kentucky beats 76ers.

Boys against men?

Please!!

Reply #503853 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

76ers starting lineup ages:

UK starting lineup ages:

So not really men against boys.

Reply #503870 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

MACDUB I think the guy was talking about the difference in their salaries ;)

Reply #503886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Philadelphia are on track to have the worst season record in NBA history Vs the most talented team in NCAA history that has 11 players who should be in the NBA on it.

If there was ever a college team to beat an NBA team it would be now and between these 2 teams.

I think Philadelphia would be too good defensively and match up well against Kentucky, however I think the Philly offence would stink. I would tip Kentucky by 5.

Reply #503904 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Various NBA commentators have talked about whether Kentucky could beat Philly. Most recently in today's Kicks vs Mav's game Jeff Van Gundy suggested that if they played each other 82 times, Philly would beat Kentucky 82 times. He said it was disrespectful to how good the NBA was to even think Kentucky stood a chance. I haven't heard any "expert" suggest that Kentucky could beat Philly but I'd love to see them play a game just to find out!

Reply #504430 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:55 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754