visionary
Years ago

note re SA Junior state champs

will carbon paper score sheets be used or laptops ?

expect big delays on the first game if laptops are being used whilst names get confirmed / changed etc - seen games delayed by 30 mins whilst laptops get sorted / setup.

if laptops are being used keep in mind several teams / parents will not have used them previously.

make sure your parents are ready for them.

Topic #37026 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

no carbon no laptops

Reply #527360 | Report this post

visionary  
Years ago

problem solved !

Reply #527363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players have to be registered for State Champs anyway so there wouldn't be any delay. Details would already be in the system. Time to get with the times and use the laptops.

Reply #527826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you think it would be a good idea to introduce lap top scoring to the junior fraternity for the first time over state champs-Even with all the glitches and fails it has at senior level.

Reply #527835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes.

Reply #527880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed. Perfect time. State Champs needs to be built up, not brought down.

BSA treat it like any other money making carnival.

Reply #527883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you forget at Junior level we have many children who are at risk from being 'found' by parents that they have been removed from. i.e. domestic violence, where the child can remain 'off record' at club and BSA but put them on 'on line' scoring and they can be easily found by parent.

You do not wish to start introducing something to parents at state champs. IF, and IF lap tops come in at junior level IMO it has to be over summer where there will be less pressure than the importance of state champs.

but my main concern would be having children's names on line where someone fleeing an abusive spouse can be located. Sometimes we need to think of the small % of these kids in the scheme of things they need to be SAFE.

Reply #527886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My lord, you have got to be kidding...

That is ridiculous...hey I've got an idea. Lets play all the games with the doors closed and no parents just in case an abusive partner turn up at a game.

Reply #527890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players names go online already. Your argument is moot.

Reply #527891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for the dumbest reasoning ever 886.
Protect the kids identity....until summer season.

Reply #527895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Less pressure than the importance of State Champs? Ha! It's not like you're performing surgery on the President. You are pressing +2 points to this person, +1 foul to this person. Seriously people. You are aware the Earth is round not flat right? Get with the times indeed.

Reply #527922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Girlfriend asked me to score for her reserves teams. Never done it before. Probably one of the easiest things I've ever done. There's these big numbers on the back of the players you can look at, then you move a mouse and click a button. "Making sure parents are ready to use them" will take all of a Facebook post by the clubs explaining how to click a button, and about 6 seconds talking by a ref before a game.

Reply #527924 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:40 am, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754