Hangin Round
Years ago

Junior last rounds (21/22) forfiets

Went to Powerhouse/Dome (old habits die hard- it's still Footy park at West Lakes) last Saturday night and could not help but notice only 1 game played at 8pm. UIC was not happy as he rang around for 2 days trying to get refs, then got a heap of forfeits on the night

Also noticed (no shit intended) but Norwood seemed to forfiet a lot of games on Sat & Sun. -maybe due to Church games. I believe lots of games were forfieted over weekend and am curious whether forfiet fines applied and exactly how many games were not played

Topic #4258 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

Thats what you get when a hopeless organisation changes games all the time and leaves it to the last minute to tell people. What BASA needs to realize is that everything does not revolve around them. People do plan other things in advance.

Reply #49496 | Report this post

Yeah BASA were damed if they do and damed if they dont. They moved the 36ers game to Friday night not to clash with the crows. Junior games then clashed with the crows game also it was the first Saturday of the show. Plus other things that people have on and you'll find if the game didn't mean anything as in if teams made finals or not. There was no reason to play them a part from these that wanted to play a game because they had nothing to do.

Reply #49502 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

I hope that no team made finals just because another team forfeited... That would concern me more than fines etc.

Reply #49505 | Report this post

Another anonymous  
Years ago

I agree it is difficult but they do their best and do contact the clubs of the changes. It is up to the clubs to make the calls, not BASA. There are ten days of the show and most schools have days scheduled for it.
Crows and 36ers over two days probably isn't a regular occurence so I would just put it down to a bit of bad luck and not due to the lack of communication from BASA or the clubs.

Reply #49549 | Report this post

Ballboy  
Years ago

You are kidding Another Anon.

I have children who play various sports and the way BASA run their competition (ie programming) is a joke.

All the other sports get a full years draw BEFORE the first game is played and includes the finals.

This year we were getting our games for basketball for 3 weeks at a time in the first few months.

How does this allow families to plan or commit to other activities?

Re the number of forfeits I hate to say it but a lot came about because of the Flower show that was held at Port, and then yes as Southern WW said above if it didn't matter for a team re the finals, who were struggling to get players, then it was just easier to forfeit.

And Pegs, I hope so too but I am sure some did qualify on the back of a forfeit.

Reply #49627 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:26 pm, Wed 8 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754