Tomdelonge2
Last year

Hawks @ MU, Oct 29

Hawks rank outsiders here.

Topic #51529 | Report this topic

LV  
Last year

Clark's facing a fitness test

United will drop games here and there, they're 7-1 with SEM next on 5-3. Hawks should be more desperate.

History says very few teams go through a 28 game season better than 22-6 or 21-7.

Even the great United of 2021 went 28-8 (in the one-off 36 game season) and lost a few early ones when they had multiple injuries.

Not saying Hawks will win but it's a game United can afford to lose, and Hawks will be absolutely desperate. So that makes it very interesting in my mind

Reply #929446 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Hawks will be eaten, the only bright light they have is Olbrich, Vickerman is licking his lips for the kill. Just in the five men duel, two United fives that can really play v one that everyone says can play. I'm hoping Illawarra proves me wrong so it’s a good game.

United by 20 plus.

Reply #929447 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

JLA/Hukporti might become the 2nd best 5 man combination in NBL history

I'm struggling to think of a better one, except Landale/JLA in 2021

But it's 40 minutes of basketball and anything can happen.

Regardless what happens, my first game of the season and looking forward to celebrating 1993 at half-time.

Reply #929450 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Anstey/Mosley was good for the Titans, except Mosley was more of a 4/5 wasn't he

Reply #929451 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Yeah Anstey/Wheeler were the 5s, which was a very strong combination. Mosley almost exclusively 4

But United's current pairing is going extremely well, Vickerman said he'll be trying them together once they get more practice time in coming weeks, can't wait to see that

Reply #929453 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Do you guys think JLA can win MVP? would love your thoughts?

Reply #929455 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Do you guys think JLA can win MVP? would love your thoughts?

Reply #929456 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

I think your key words here LV are "might become". At this point, they're not even in the conversation for the best, but if they both have big seasons they could enter the equation.

Reply #929457 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Clarke is out, only 10 plus, not twenty as previously

Reply #929458 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

It's obvious United Isn't switched on. JLA and Travers both very absent minded today

You could kinda see it coming, refer my earlier posts

Reply #929459 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

@mouse it's early days but Hukporti been best 5 this season, and JLA red hot in first 3 games

Reply #929460 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Hawks playing way better than anything shown this season.

Reply #929462 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Like I said LV, I agree the potential is there, but a lot more work to be done yet to be considered all-time.

Reply #929463 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

How bad is the Travers injury?

Reply #929465 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Very, very good game, hawks showing a lot more than I thought they had.

Reply #929466 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Hawks playing excellent, I'm wrong again. :::)))

Reply #929469 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Hawks made them earn it, Froling was rather good, his free throw shooting was not so good and it hurt down the stretch.
Melbourne by 12, very good though Vickerman reffing and screaming was annoying.

Reply #929470 | Report this post

Lawndale  
Last year

Makes me more annoyed they didn't use goulding at the world cup

Reply #929471 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

Foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul

Imagine getting excited and looking forward to watching this.

LOL

Reply #929472 | Report this post

JMS  
Last year

Solid win for United, thought they might get rolled after the slow start. Travers was a bit off, barely got out of a trot and some lazy passes. Prefer his game when he's not the secondary ball handler. Hopefully Delly back next game. The JLA/Hukporti duo provide a great bailout option which is extremely valuable late in a shot clock. Vintage Goulding, elite shooting.

Reply #929473 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Not bad by Melbourne, walk into a game down 2 players, rock around laissez-faire for the first 1.5 quarters, warm up slowly then get thel win. Vintage effort from Goulding.

United got the better of the refs but that's NBL, why I'm happy we're #1, don't want a repeat of 2020

United shaping up nicely, just hoping they stay relatively healthy. If they do, top 2 looks definite, probably 1st from here.

Reply #929476 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Looking at the box score, what's more incredible than the 27 fouls to 13 is the 49 rebounds for United to 24 from Hawks

Reply #929478 | Report this post

hAwKhEaD  
Last year

Jackomas out!! Before it's too late please

Reply #929518 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:48 pm, Wed 8 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754