Kent Brockman
Years ago

Westover Coach of the Year

Sydney having a big cry about everything in this article.

Topic #6299 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I would've voted for Goorjian. Has dealt with the loss of an import and a roster that includes a fair swag of near-rookies, and done very well.

Reply #71026 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Tim Morrissey ofcourse is going to milk this, he has submitted some of the most disinterested articles i have ever readthis year. About time he stepped up.
Interested to see what Boti says on the subject.

I agree that Goorjian has done a good job this year Isaac. He should have won it last year,but perhaps because he's not well liked...
At the beginning of the year no one really expected Westover to get the Tigers anywhere near a title - so while it may be a "snub" at least the recipient IS deserving.

Biggest CHOKE of the year - Stacker.Will this guy ever coach at NBL level again ? I might start a thread on that.

Reply #71028 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

The problem for Goorjian is that you could make an arguement for giving him the award almost every season. He did a great job this year, but Westover and the Tigers have had a great, great season considering the transition the franchise has taken. You lose the back bones of the franchise for the last 15+ years and not only not miss a beat but actually improve. Impressive.

Reply #71033 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

I believe Westover is well deserving of the gong. Perhaps, as happened with POTW, the L is awarding it to someone not affiliated with Sydney to get a bit of interest stirred in a diff supporter base. As i've said before, all this Sydney success is a yawn and i feel actually detrimental to the L not beneficial as previous bosses hoped.

Well done Westy, now for the TITLE!

Reply #71038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And don't read too much into Morrissey's rant. It's the week of the Grand Final, with Goorjian squaring off against Westover. It's gotten the Kings a huge article in the newspaper today, which is rare. Good stuff. Any real NBL fan knows both coaches 'stories' are good and probably worthy of the award, but in the week of the GF both the Sydney & Melbourne media are allowed to be as biased as they like.

Reply #71039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Westover owes Anstey plenty of beers for his award.....

Reply #71058 | Report this post

Fresh  
Years ago

I always thought Westover would be a good coach. He has had a fantastic apprentachip and deserved his chance.

His energy is great and seems to have the respect of the playing group.

The are tight
Tigers for the Champioships I reckon.....

Reply #71070 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

apprentachip?

Reply #71228 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:42 pm, Wed 8 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754