Anonymous
Years ago

Western Magic Grand Finals

Did they win? Yes, 3 out of 3. With a lot of help from their vocal supporters. Well done.

Topic #6477 | Report this topic

anonymous  
Years ago

Dont you mean woodville magic.

Reply #72792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True, there are some ex-Woodville players in Magic, but there are some who played for Magic socially before they joined Woodville and also some who never played district at all. Time to get over it.

Reply #72795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said (#72792).

Reply #72805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so what grand finals are you talking about?? give us some more info

Reply #72822 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

are any teams moving up a div after their 'domination' in lower divisions?

Reply #72886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western Magic Div 4 women are playing Div 3 now and are sitting fairly comfortably top of that grade as well. They have been recruiting as well. Look for an ex national leaguer to be heading thier way as well......

Reply #72924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western Magic Div 4 women are playing Div 3 now and are sitting fairly comfortably top of that grade as well. They have been recruiting as well. Look for an ex national leaguer to be heading thier way as well......

Reply #72925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 20 boys going up to div 2 this year. Will be looking at div 1 next year.

Reply #72933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 14 Girls going up to Div 3
Under 18 Boys going to Div 4
Still lower divisions, but that is where BASA have put them.

There will be an Under 12 Boys, Under 14 Boys and Under 16 Girls starting as well.

Reply #72967 | Report this post

R U Guys Kidding?  
Years ago

Western who?

Yawn.............

Reply #72969 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

No Div 1 for western magic as they are not a district club.

Reply #72971 | Report this post

pro/rel  
Years ago

When Pro/Rel comes in they could make div 1. Lots of clubs could splinter off like Woodville and Western Magic.

Reply #72973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They can make Div 1. Ring BASA and ask them. They will confirm it.

Reply #72984 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Haha, they have to be able to compete in Div 2 before they get promoted to Div 1. They will be lucky to make the 5.

Reply #73007 | Report this post

Mexican  
Years ago

Will the Under 20 Men team enter division one in state championships this year?

I hope so, i know a lot of the div 1 boys can't wait to have a crack at them

Reply #73012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville gold and North will put this western Magic back in there cocky Little Box ...

they play centrals this friday wouldnt be surprised if that get alittle surprise

Reply #73053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck Magic under 20 boys. You are in the most a great bunch of guys. Get the people who are talking up your club to stop. You are not doing yourselves any favours. People hate cockey sh**s and talk your selves up at your own peril.

Reply #73066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have just heard U/18 Boys have jumped 2 divisions?

Reply #73190 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

yea i heard theyre playing div 3, not 4.

Reply #73312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And they beat Forestville tonight.

Reply #73343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Div1 2007 under 20s!

Reply #73478 | Report this post

bPower  
Years ago

i played duv 5 against western magic and we lost by 3 points to them in the season and 12 points in the grand, they will get dominated by in div 3 cause the only reason they beat us was there tall men

Reply #73742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't agree with that, there are two tall guys on the team, they can't win games on their own. And often with only 5 players. Forestville had tall players in Div 3 on Friday, and Magic beat them.

Reply #73801 | Report this post

bpower  
Years ago

explain then how a div 5 team loses by 3 points to a team who had some 16 2 players last year in it

Reply #74026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey, everyone has a bad game every now and then, that just happened to be it for Magic, luckily the Magic boys remained undefeated. Don't forget the Grand Final - North up 10-0 and then went down by 12 points. A great game though. No hard feelings I hope?

Reply #74061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't believe you are still bragging about winning in such a low competition. You didn't win the St Clare carnival and the team you lost to had a couple of players from a lower age group. Grow up and stop the bragging, after all your team has div1 players. A lot of div1 teams would love to have a crack at you. You would then know what it feels to play against teams that are far better than you.

Reply #74073 | Report this post

bPower  
Years ago

hes right western magic do brag alot nearly all of them think their the best as well the player i got along with on that team was the speedy guy number 8

Reply #74220 | Report this post

bPower  
Years ago

*the only player i got along with was number 8

Reply #74221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wht do you expect Magic to say when people constantly put you down? Do we remain silent? No, of course not, as I would think no other club would sit back and say nothing.
I will pass on your best wishes to No. 8, I'm sure he will be thrilled you like him.

Reply #74268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isnt it funny how magic think there achieving something in south australian basketball. there a small time club with small time future. in a few years it will be magic who.

grow up and see the bigger picture

Reply #74280 | Report this post

Duffy Bloggs  
Years ago

The U/18s beat centrals on fri by 30, watch out woodville

Reply #74400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

duffy bloggs it is morons like you that keep the rest of basketball people thinking magic players are a mob of wankers. Play your basketball, enjoy it and keep your mouths shut. Let your game do the talking if you can. I will be putting in another reply when you get your butts kicked (as you will).

Reply #74410 | Report this post

duffy bloggs  
Years ago

magic rulz, i play 4 sturt and I love magic, booyakasha in da shizzy

Reply #74554 | Report this post

Vader  
Years ago

duffy bloggs,

It is quite obvious from your previous posts that you do not play for Sturt. That you would resort to lying show's exactly what sort of character you and the rest of the Magic club have. Why don't you go back to the 'Hood' that you came from. Wait a sec, you are probably a middle class, white, honky. With no game and a severe case of cramp in your forearm.

Reply #74562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vader, you are a joke

Reply #75075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#75075 He might be but he got it right.

Reply #75116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what is it with u people and bagging magic????!!!!! They did win 3 grand finals out of 3 and u cant change that

Reply #81392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did they go this year in higher grades.

Reply #96295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seeing there is no reply to the above post, I guess they must be losing. How did the unbeatable under 20 boys go? Last I heard they were going to take on some div 1 under 20 teams. Guess it was all chest beating and they were scared to. Hope they win the final as they will not be able to show their faces if they don't.

Reply #96345 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754