Snoop Dog
Years ago

Music

Thanks god we have someone that knows music this year.. the old guy had no taste...

Topic #8764 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

The old guy? Dont know if Ben has ever been refered to as that. In fact, I think think Jerry (new music man) might actually be older. (not 100% sure on that)

Reply #98401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

twas obvious we had a new guy, there was no hit the road jack

Reply #98408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many elvis tunes

Reply #98411 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

good to hear some hilltops!

Reply #98417 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

I think the player introductions should be done just before the game and only introduce the team when the run out onto the floor.

It would have been easier to introduce the crowd to the players when they did it last night!

Reply #98422 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Thanks Skip and yes Jerry is older for the record.

Reply #98443 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And yellower.

Jerry Zimmerframe. Duh.

Reply #98450 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

but who's count hey Fitz...

Reply #98460 | Report this post

Stephen Hastings  
Years ago

Jessica Simpson was a mistake and Toxic by britney is more of a cheerleader song than a game song. Sexyback was good but didnt get enough play. I think the Dj needs to go back to the earlier music thread that he started up and take more of our suggestions. Oh and the old school tracks were a bit weak, theres more energetic Elvis songs that could of been used.

Reply #98473 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

Yeah agree 100% with the earlier post re: no hit the road jack with an opposition foul out. Big oversight at a B/ball game.Good to see the crowd still remembered.

I am in an agreeable mood today and totally agree with the post about the old school stuff as well. They were pretty lame. I thought prehaps Mal had picked the old school stuff personally.

More KISS please. Suggestion. Rock and roll all nite.

Reply #98476 | Report this post

Kingman  
Years ago

So that's why the 6ers lost no "hit the road jack" shame music man shame.

Reply #98484 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

While I understand that Fox telecasts change the usual routine, I think the players should be introduced as realistically close to tip off as possible. There are far more fans in their seats to cheer the players as they are introduced one by one then there are when they first hit the floor. In my opinion, introducing the players then having the national anthem then right into tip off builds a nice amount of atmosphere to start the game off.

Reply #98495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does any one sit near whoever boo's the umps straight after the last umps name is called out before the game? Give him/ them/ her on the back for me.

I think they sit south side. It is hard to pick.

Most of the stadium used to get involved, now its down to 1 or 2. Keep up the good work. Old school at its best.

Reply #98628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, that should of read give them/ him/ her a pat on the back, not punch in the back. (unless your an umpire)

Reply #98629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got to get that song from Remember the Titans (that's where i remember it from) when the players get fouled out. Classic

Reply #98640 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 pm, Wed 8 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754