DB5
Years ago

Barlow Gone For Year

Firepower Sydney Kings forward David Barlow will miss the rest of the 2006/07 Philips Championship NBL season after rupturing the ACL in his right knee at training on Monday.

Preliminary scans revealed the extent of the damage and the 23-year-old will head to Melbourne to have surgery on Wednesday and begin the rehabilitation process.

This is the second time Barlow has damaged his ACL after injuring his left knee in 2001 while training with the Victoria Titans

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=4277

Topic #9548 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Barlow has been the second best Kings scorer this season with 15.6 PPG at 44.7% and adding 4.9 RPG. Exciting young player and a crap way for his season to go.

Poor Kings...

Reply #108602 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Damn. There goes one of my trades in my dream team.

Reply #108603 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Bad luck for "The Sherminator"... especially when he was coming into a pivotal period in his basketball career... TWO blown out knees - not good for a 23 year old... He may not be the same player after this one... Hope he comes back at the same level after this one...

Reply #108605 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Sarcasm detected there Isaac....

I hate the queens, but Barlow and Worthington have been pretty impressive this year, unfortunate way to end your season though..especially at training..

Reply #108608 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Bad Luck for the Kings.....thats gonna hurt their chances this season

They will be in search of another import very soon

I think he will be alright Johnny

I reckon an achilles would be a worse injury to come back from...lol

im still waiting to make a comeback from it

Reply #108609 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DB5, I like Barlow as a player, but definitely being sarcastic when it comes to the Kings comment.

Reply #108611 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I agree Isaac

I will be happy to see em drop down the ladder

I hate the Kings & Goorjian

Reply #108612 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Yeah,
Poor David...
Ha Ha Kings!

Reply #108613 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

This now means Sydney are recruiting TWO players, I think that is what all non-Kings fans should start worrying about.......

Reply #108615 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Will Goorj look at his training regiment as a way of preventing injuries to his squad.

Smith (Knee)
Worthington (Knee ( i think)
Martin ( Broken Foot as a king)
Kendall ( Knee)
Barlow ( Knee)

Wheels knee when playing for Titans /Magic

sure there are others that i cant think of

v

Phil

Hill ( Arm )
no other long term injuries apart from Hammies and pulls / strains

Reply #108616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5-10 record ...

Reply #108618 | Report this post

tony Blair  
Years ago

Didn't wheels do his Knee with Paul Rees sitting on it. How can that be Boy Gorj's fault?

Reply #108620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Smith did his knee after landing awkwardly post mid-air collision with a Tigers player. Kendall's was a bit of a freak thing, just a slight jar and twist that hit the right spot when he stopped too suddenly. Martin broke his foot playing for the Boomers. Worthington also did his knee in a game vs the Crocs (and was only out a couple of weeks - certainly not major). Others in the last few years have been CJ tearing ligaments in his elbow (hyperextended it when he got his arm caught between two players going in opposite directions) and of course Rolan Roberts tearing a boob on a dunk.

Goorjians training style is tough, but the team is young and exceedingly fit. All these injuries (aside from Barlow) have happened under in-game circumstances that would probably hurt most people.

Reply #108626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, and Phil brings in a new fitness guy and the very first session Wheels tears a hammy doing sprints.

Reply #108630 | Report this post

bad boy  
Years ago

he was the best player in the lineup at the moment th
ey, again need bryant matthews, the import they sacked

Reply #108662 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

What about Nashs' back injury, NGs' ankle, Bretts' groin???

Reply #108671 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

.. and Farley's heart and backbone.

Reply #108672 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:19 pm, Wed 8 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754