Bo Hamburger
Years ago

NBA salaries available on SI.com

SI.com is trumpeting that it has every NBA team and every player's salary, available here.

Some interesting factoids I found, and I'm sure there are others:
- The Knicks are spending a lot of money to suck;
- Dallas is paying Michael Finley an awful lot of money NOT to play for them;
- Two-time MVP Steve Nash is only the 44th highest-paid player in the league.

Topic #9738 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Shawn Bradley is still being paid 5mil by Dallas, what a joke.

Reply #111246 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

If I'm Dallas, I'm asking YouTube to contribute to Bradley's salary: how many downloads and pageviews would YouTube have had of that montage of Bradley getting dunked on?

Reply #111250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is there anything similar for NBL that shows what players earn?

Reply #111271 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, definitely not.

The closest thing would be the listing of points values which can give a loose indication of value, but doesn't necessarily cover all instances accurately.

Reply #111277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just suprises me a bit Isaac - I know there are privacy issues etc etc, but normally they are pretty hot on privacy in the US too aren't they?

Reply #111282 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could relate to differences in scale. A lot of NBL players aren't really earning a tonne of money.

Reply #111284 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

NBL players earn between 35,000 and 160,000. Maybe the NBL are embarrased about the players low salries.

Reply #111287 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Luke Schenscher still paid $55K by the Bulls this season (or is it last season?).

The Knicks are terrible. There's almost $72 million wrapped up in average players Q-Rich, Crawford, Curry, Francis, Starbury and James. That doesn't include Jerome Williams, Malik Rose, Jalen Rose ($14 million to play for Phoenix), Shandon Anderson ($7 million to do nothing) or Maurice Taylor ($7 million to play for Sacramento).

We need to start the campaign again. Jail Isaiah.

Head over to Yaysports and select the Isaiah Thomas section if you need a real laugh about the Knicks. They are baaaaaaad.

Reply #111312 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:30 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754