Sween
Years ago

Frank anyone?

Boti's "bitching" section in today's Tizer Says the Tool is getting rid of all other alpha males from the Dragons - Drmic goes. Given that Frank is the same age as(and for some time, considered a better player?) than Matt Nielson is he a worthy of an approach by the 36er's

Topic #10570 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

No - he was never better than Neilsen IMO and this year has been overweight and out of his depth. Not sure what happened to him though - was a very good player before going to Europe. Just another "has been" that should be making up numbers in the SEABL. Could be an option for a cheap roster filler if other more attractive options don't work out

Reply #121985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He hasn't improved in the last 5 years. He is still as inconsistent as a first year player. If we are going to recruit "experienced" players we need consistent performers

Reply #121986 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

(The Kings) ugly defensive grind is to live entertainment what Beta video systems were to home entertainment.
What, superior, upmarket technology beaten by less proprietary, less sophisticated and cheaper options with broader support? ;)

BTW, Drmic won't be the last departure from the Dragons this off-season.

Reply #121989 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

We don't need him, send him to Lance Whitnall's fat farm first, would rather Timmons again than Derrrmic.

Reply #121997 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Yep - Drimic (at the time - the next Andrew Gaze - right Bill and Carf???) was waaaay overhyped by the NBL and the Magic publicity machine as a rookie and in reality was probably nothing more than a taller version of Aaron Tra(Greasy)hair...
Waste of time, effort, and money pursuing him...

Reply #121999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fox and the NBL overate and hype up too many guys. Sick of hearing how Axel Dench is the Former Rookie Of The Year, the guys must have 4 years left max! Drimic is toxic to any team environment.

Reply #122005 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Dr. Mic is my most loathed player in NBL history - I used to hate him and his South East North Eastside Melbourne Giant Spectre Magic cohorts ... I will strongly (but never actually do it) think about boycotting my beloved 6ers if they get him.

Reply #122006 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, that "Former Rookie of the Year" line annoys me too. Casey should drop it.

Reply #122008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SVD you forgot the St Kilda & Coburg in your list

Reply #122054 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

He had a very poor season and would be lucky to be picked up by anyone.

Reply #122083 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I think half of victoria merged into the magic

Reply #122084 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Maybe he should start applying for a gig on a reality TV show ... The Biggest Loser on Ice?

Reply #122087 | Report this post

Rotate on this  
Years ago

Sween . Are you referring to his love of glass ornaments or skating on thin ?

Reply #122089 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Definitely no reference to party drugs. A faint reference to the doctor and DB5's call and strong reference to Qlder in that a career could be lost and therefore it would be on ice. Does frank collect glass ornaments?

Reply #122174 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

"beta" love it Isaac

Reply #122205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SVD, I assume you're referring to the club formerly known as St Kilda-Nunawading-Coburg-Eastside-Westside-Southern Melbourne-North Melbourne-South East Melbourne-Victoria, which also goes by the Saints-Spectres-Giants-Magic-Titans moniker .... coached by Goorj.

Reply #122254 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:16 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754