skip
Years ago

Luke Schenscher - How good is he?

With a lot of talk at the moment about the possible signing of Luke Schenscher Im curious to know how he would rate against the other quality centres in the NBL.
Having only a small interest in the NBA and knowing nothing about the D-League my only knowledge on Luke is from what I read in here.

How does he compare to Anstey, Rogers, Pepper and other NBL Centres?

Topic #10741 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

He would probably be better defensively then all those guys you mentioned. Fundamentally, he is better then Pepper for sure and Rogers is better offensively then he is. Anstey is superior to him at this stage.

Reply #124437 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

From what I've seen he's pretty fundamentally sound but very slow compared to many NBA beg men. His footwork is pretty bad at times. He can definitely rebound and block a few shots, and of course he's a big body in the middle. He's definitely an around-the-hoop player - I wouldn't plan on seeing him hit long jumpers or drive in from the top of the key very much.

The thing I like is that he could potentially get some decent minutes in Portland, although Aldridge has put up some solid numbers as a starter lately, and they still have Magloire, (who must be out of favour or have an attitude problem, because although not as good as he was at his peak, is still far better than the measley minutes he's been playing this year)

Luke has been holding his own quite well in the D-League (played in their All-Star game) and was solid in the NCAA, he's never going to be the star but he could be a solid backup if he can find the right team.

Man that was a long post.

Reply #124473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, he's ok.

Reply #124574 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:37 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754