Isaac
Years ago

Pigs re-sign Liam Rush

After shopping himself around, it looks like Liam Rush has decided to stay with the Pigs.

It hasn't been listed on the NBL's transaction tracker, but Pigs coach Rob Beveridge has let it slip chatting to nbl.com.au:

nbl.com.au: Any specific plans for the roster?

Beveridge: The biggest key is obviously to get the better younger players out of the Razorbacks, which we've done. Fortunately, we've re-signed Liam Rush, Julian Khazzouh and Graeme Dann, since they had a really good year last year. Now, just recruiting some other younger players out of college, then after that you get the imports.
Another free agent taken.

Topic #11122 | Report this topic

Paul  
Years ago

If he does not get a gig in Euroleague Matt Knight will sign with WS with an out clause.

Reply #129595 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A lot of people would be very interested in seeing what Knight could do in the NBL. Always wished that the 36ers could give him a shot.

Reply #129597 | Report this post

Clark Kent  
Years ago

Isaac AFAIK the Sixers did speak to Knight, or maybe someone acting on behalf of Knight.

I think because the media (aka Boti) has only reported on the 36ers chasing Brad and Luke that people assume they're the only 2 players the club are talking to. I'm of the understanding that along with players like Sav the Sixers have spoken to a wide range of NBL players and Aussies overseas to try and rebuild the team.

Reply #129603 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Had guessed as much, but no luck? Beaten by the Pigs?

Reply #129608 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Ive heard Sav has gone to the Kings.

Reply #129612 | Report this post

Clark Kent  
Years ago

I believe Knight expressed an interest in pursing his European options and because of that the club started looking elsewhere. I guess there's only so many 50/50 options you can chase before you have to really start working on some players you know will be in Australia next season.

Reply #129622 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I was going to put a bet on Saville going to the Kings. Has this been confirmed?

Reply #129700 | Report this post

master?  
Years ago

If WS can sign Rush over the 36ers, the 36ers are really not doing well and i believe the Newley to Melb signing will be announced in a day or two.

Reply #129729 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In their defense, West Sydney have a mostly blank slate. Rush was asking for more than most clubs wanted to pay and Adelaide already have Maher, Ballinger and Davidson taking up space, and the outstanding offer to Newley (which isn't paltry, and beats what Melbourne are offering).

Reply #129740 | Report this post

master?  
Years ago

If the Tigers or Bullets really needed Rush they would have signed him. Besides Newley the 36ers despretatly need a player like Rush, young, super athletic can play SG,SM even PF and a player fans would love to watch.

This just proves that the 36ers dont have the big dollars to spend like some, and like they say 'you have to spend money to make money', maybe the new owner or owners should ask Mr Groves for a loan, it also might help him in his other investment.

Reply #129745 | Report this post

master?  
Years ago

Sorry about the spelling error people, long day at work.

Reply #129746 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Would Newley want to go to the Tigers who already have Thomas and Barlow, not too many shotsand or minutes left I would have thought?

Reply #129783 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the attraction might be that in Melbourne he's at a stronger team whereas Adelaide would be a hard fight to rebuild a roster. The former might look better to scouts than him putting up 20PPG for a battling side (didn't get Rush too far). Who knows.

Reply #129785 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:52 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754