cLaRkY
Years ago

Joey Crawford suspended, Duncan Fined

In the aftermath of the Tim Duncan ejection, NBA official Joey Crawford has been suspended indefinitely.

NBA referee Joey Crawford has been indefinitely suspended for improper conduct toward Tim Duncan during the San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks game on April 15, it was announced today by NBA Commissioner David Stern. The conduct included Crawford's assessment of a second technical foul and ejection of Duncan following laughter by the player while he was seated on the bench, and inappropriate comments made to Duncan during the game.

Link

And also:
San Antonio's Tim Duncan has been fined $25,000 for verbal abuse of a game official, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.

Link

What are peoples thoughts?
Did the NBA handle this correctly?

Topic #11138 | Report this topic

TP  
Years ago

I'm glad that action was taken against the referee. I think there are a lot of officials who think they are invinvible. It's interesting to see the shoe on the other foot.

Reply #129814 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Well handled by the NBA. Stern always manages to make a well thought out, deliberate decision with the greater interests of the league always at the forefront.

This was the most ridiculous ejection I've ever seen. Robbed the fans in Dallas and all NBA fans of a real preview of the Conference Finals. Completely overshadowed a great game. I'm a Spurs fan, but like how Dallas play. The game's result probably would have been different had Duncan played out the game.

I say a ref has been good if you didn't notice them all game.

Reply #129816 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Joey Crawford is a head case, has been for years, and something like this was always going to happen. He should never be allowed to return to the court. Good riddance to one of the true wankers of the sport.

Reply #129837 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

There are a lot of referees who should think before commenting to players which often results in situations being inflamed.

Reply #129863 | Report this post

Rodney Carney  
Years ago

Does anyone know what Crawford said to Duncan during the game?

Reply #129993 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Duncan said he was crap. Apparently Crawford asked Duncan if he wanted to fight him?!

Reply #129996 | Report this post

now if hubie brown could be suspended from commentating, we'd have an enjoyable league.

Reply #130006 | Report this post

takethatref  
Years ago

I heard a ripper comment last night in a girls match at Pasadena. The ref called a dubious foul on a player and then waited for her to abuse him. All she said was "are you waiting for me to say something?"

Reply #130008 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Have absolutely no time for Crawford whatsoever. He is another example of an umpire wanting to be the centre of attention.

Reply #130082 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:59 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754