IwasThere
Years ago

Flames Men HooDoo Flies Again

In a highly spirited and exciting game with great intensity, no love shown, and some body belting fouls, The Eagles jinx on the Flames came to roost at MARS. Was amazing the floorboards didn't resemble the old pasadena, there were so many flops going on.

Eagles won 102 to 85.

Topic #11188 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

So! There has been alot of talk of the flames winning titles this year. Obviously their list is by far the best in the league but they can't win a regular season game against Forestville. Are they serious contendors or are they not? you decide.......

Reply #130383 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

i saw this game too, and i thought rupert got out coached tonight. is there a reason that webber gets so much more court time than matthews? i have nothing against webber, he is a good player, but todd matthews is a gun! With the talent norwood had on the court they should have thumped Forestville, but the eagles were a well drilled aggresive unit, and they never let up all night. scotty arnold was his normal self (no explnation needed), i dont know what the stats were but matty sutton was so smooth under pressure and really led from the front. Come on flames lets put that one behind us and move forward....This is still the YEAR!!!!

Reply #130384 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Some of Sapwells coaching decisions and rotations left a lot to be desired. The guy wants to be everyones friend, but being nice doesn't always win games.

Reply #130431 | Report this post

Tobs  
Years ago

"With the talent norwood had on the court they should have thumped Forestville";

Matthews : Sutton = usually even but Sutton won on this occasion

Webber : Sullivan = Sullivan distroyed Webber

Ottey : Arnold = Did Ottey play?

Thompson : Hoban = Thommo wins this one

Cooper : Oakley: Cooper foul trouble

when and where should have Norwood thumped Forestville?

Reply #130469 | Report this post

Wazza  
Years ago

its a long season

Reply #130470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting game with alot of zone played by both teams. Think norwood played zone for the whole second half. You can't do that against the eagles...sooner or later their shooters are going to hurt you.

Krause played very well for the flames. Thompson and Cooper were sound...ottey played a good team mans game..hitting a couple of key shots when the flames were closing the gap.Foster was lively as usual.

Sutton was probably the eagles best. Thought Oakley was good but missed alot of open looks, almost like Norwood were just letting him shoot as much as he liked. Hoban, Arnold and Sully weren't outstanding but played solid games.

Always an entertaining game between these two teams, and this was no different.

Reply #130492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the toll of back to back games with a few reserves missing meant that the boys were a bit tired. Its hard having 4 of your guys play 40 minutes the night before and backing it up. Not saying they lost because of that but to say they are pretenders is a bit harsh. But hey this was always going to happen when they lost a game, the haters cant keep away!

Reply #130493 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

pretty sure every team has 4 or so players that had to back it up with or without reserves. No excuses!!

Reply #130504 | Report this post

Year of the Brave  
Years ago

Pretty sure that Forestville didn't have that problem as they played Sunday instead of Friday...

Does anyone know why this was the case? I am not a Norwood fan but they were disdvantaged as the Eagles were fresh and the Flames seem to suffer from a little tiredness with a road trip to Mount Barker the night before.

Reply #130538 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:59 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754