Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers Import No.2??

Do we know when the Sixers are likely to announce their 2nd import? Additionally, do we know who they are looking at or put contracts to?

Topic #11305 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get Neon Leon back haha

Reply #131705 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Dicko ?? :)

Reply #131706 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Iwouldnt expect there to be any 2nd Import announcment until July when they have more of an idea what Newley will be doing.

My suspision is they will go for a small forward type player.

With Tucker now confirmed that he wont be a Tiger perhaps the Sixers would look at him?

Reply #131707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are they waiting to see what happens with Newley so they can then place a better offer to a better import using money from Newley's contract??

Reply #131709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im just interested to know who they are looking at......I think we all know it is going to be a SF regardless of the Newley outcome??!!

Reply #131710 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I hope they sign a import SF with or without Newley and if Newley goes it may just free up some more cash to sign a higher quality import if needed or bring home a good aussie player from Europe or something a bit like the Cats did with Ryan last year, but who knows if anyone will be available, i say signing Newley was a risk worth taking, imagine the up roar if we didnt go hard after him and he ended up playing for the Tigers all season. I think a player in the Dave Thomas mould would be perfect (assuming Newley stays) and with Phil and Steve being in America recently i hope they have some potential targets in mind. The last time they brought in a new import it was Willie Farley and the time before it was Kevin Brooks, both resulting in championships, so they have a good track record with imports so lets hope it continues!!

Reply #131713 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Im concerned about the front court depth, so far we have Cooper and Ballinger, is anyone else signed that Im forgetting?

Wheeler - retired
Majstro - cut
Nash - ?

Should we go for a strong import forward even with the impending signing of Dench?

Reply #131716 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I think our Front court will look like

C Cooper/Dench
PF Ballinger/??? (a cheap PF, Simon Conn????
SF Import/Copeland

they may sign a PF as our 11th man but it would have to be a rookie or soemthing as we would only hav 2 points left if we sign a 10 point import, Simon Conns name has been thrown around this forum, Andrew Rice is also a 2 point player so if you added one of them into the front court it doesnt look too bad to me, as Dench and Cooper can also play PF and Ballinger can probably play SF or C for a bit if needed and i dare say the 2nd import would be able to fill some minutes at PF as the NBL isnt the biggest league these days and most SFs can play a bit of PF. A Dench/Cooper/Ballinger is one of the better PF/C rotations we have had in a while IMO

Reply #131717 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Front court will be Ballinger, Cooper, Dench and a back-up PF.

I'd say they're looking around at SF options but might not be in a rush to sign someone.

I'd show some patience on that one.

Might get news on the back-up PF sooner.

Reply #131721 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

They need someone who is gonna rack in the boards.
Jacob Holmes would be perfect.....
Oh well.

Reply #131724 | Report this post

roadrunner  
Years ago

Jonno, I think you are spot on the money.

A lot of the better overseas players are reluctant to sign prior to the NBA draft so we may have to wait until then for our SF.
The rumour also is that a lot of the better European leagues are looking to cut their import quota to one next season, and so a lot of players are sweating on that/those decisions.

Reply #131726 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Does anyone think Blake Truslove would be worth another go as a backup C.. he has been putting up very solid numbers for West against some good opponents. Then throw Cooper as a PF instead, with Dench to play backup and Ballinger to start at C?

Reply #131732 | Report this post

Harvard 1500  
Years ago

Sorry lockstock but I gotta disagree. Blake is not capable of playing NBL. He'd be in the refs ear all game crying at whatever it is Blimp cries about. Besides if Blurp is the best we can find then I think maybe opening our eyes and looking around may be the next inevitable step.

Reply #131742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Rashad "Turnover" Tucker please!

Reply #131760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blake can flat out play and is strong as is an offensive and rebounding machine but u have to question his mentality at times and his help defence

Reply #131766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know about the 2nd import but maybe they'll look at (and convince) Ray Borner to come back and be our back up PF. He does provide size, experience and most importantly, he fits the age criteria!

Reply #131773 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

those old jokes are so old your a mess. #131773
My guess for back up PF would be Pero Vasojivic a proven rebounder with size should fit well under the points system and salary cap. a Local SA boy, Mal hemmering did say he was looking at local talent.

Reply #131776 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Playing for ESPE in the LNB Pro B

Reply #131781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blake needs to lay off the Maccas. His game has not changed one bit, ever. Cracks me up he listens to his MP3 to pump him up with some PHAT beats before an ABA game!!!!!!

Reply #131806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pero will not be the back up PF......he has a points rating of 5, so wont be him!! Will likely be Simon Conn or Andrew Rice IMO!!

Reply #131815 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

Pero to bad hey.
Andrew Rice would be a neat pick up.
i dont no of Simon Conn but herd his name bounce around the forum. anyone with size 6 foot 8 or more will be handy

Reply #131823 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

good luck getting Simon Conn; Dragons are keen on getting him in there as a back up if Burston falls down again

Reply #131868 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doesn't he have to fall up first before he can fall down again?

Reply #131872 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I told you, Pero has just signed with ESPE.

Reply #131950 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Any guy with his name tattoed on his arm should automatically be struck off the list...

Reply #132315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least Pero isn't 41 years old!

Reply #132316 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:13 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754