johnno
Years ago

u/18s classic

any thoughts about the classic results...... i think the results were a good indication of where the team are at even if the VC results say different ie diamond Valley boyz

Topic #11786 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warrugal very surprised they got so far they accounted for some tougher teams, bankstown were not as good as they were said 2 b also

Reply #137849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who ended up winning?

Reply #137861 | Report this post

disappointed  
Years ago

Saw a disappointing display from the Eastern Mavs coach and his team over the weekend.

Coach getting tech fouled and players starting fights.

I wonder if Eastern or SA country are going to allow this sort of behaviour to be rewarded with continued support.

Funny how they are quick to bash Metro coaches and players.

We will see if they are really hypercrtis now.

Reply #137862 | Report this post

Years ago

"137861" did u see the game the mavs players did not start the fight so get your facts right

Reply #137863 | Report this post

disappointed  
Years ago

The coach had already lost the plot and gotten a tech. Showing a lack of control.

Then it was the Mavs player that reacted and decided to retaliate. If he had of just walked to the fouline and taken his shots nothing would of happened.

But true to nature the SA Country players showed a complete lack of self control.

Reply #137870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disappointed

From what you have written you were clearly not an observer at the game because what you have said misrepresents the facts.

If you insist on commenting please for sake of the argument get the facts correct.

Reply #137875 | Report this post

The mavs coach did not show a lack of discipline or control as the tech he received was undeserving as he was simply trying to ask a question and the 'power head' ref dished him a T.
As for the mavs boys starting the fight, from my recolection it was sydney who started the fight and then proceeded to clear their bench to continue it. If anyone had a lack of control it was sydney and their coach

Reply #137885 | Report this post

disappointed  
Years ago

anon #137875,

If a coach continues to stand at the middle of the court and have a go at the ref is considered accceptable, then you my friend do not understand the rules.

The coach was explained the call, and continued to have a go at the ref. After being told to go back to his bench he ccontinued to argue and didn't even bother coaching his team in the timeout.

In my opinion that is losing your cool and showing your players a lack of disipline.

Nobody is saying that Sydney also didn't act like thugs. But when team is suspended for a game, you can bet that they aren't innocent of all.

Reply #137893 | Report this post

The coach was never given a explanation of the call..the ref simply said that he does not want to hear it - a tad immature i think.
Secondly, the suspension was undeserving. The mavs boys did nothing more than protect themselves and teammates from the opposition. It was sydney who cleared their bench and was swinging punches.
Finally, the tribunal was not fair proceedings as the panel did not have an SA representative on it, which thereby allows us to presume some biased results.

Reply #137899 | Report this post

disappointed  
Years ago

MBTM,

It was obvious that the coach was told numerous times that he was wrong. And even if he didn't that doesn't mean that he can walk out into the middle of the court and have a go at a ref. If you are looking for immature, Skinny Elvis is showing it right there.

Again, if you don't respond to the unsportsman like foul by wanting to act tough, then it doesn't escalate.

And tribunals are not meant to be representative of the teams involved. They are there to be imparshal, which a group of Melbourne officials are.

And I am sure that SA Country like you are not going to do anything but blame Sydney when Eastern, their 8 State players and the State assistant coach were also found guilty.

Reply #137902 | Report this post

Years ago

let me guess "dissappointed" you're from sturt.

Reply #137904 | Report this post

Its not about acting tough, it about sticking up for your teammates. A cheap blow to someone from behind is going to cause to something to occur, the mavs boys are a tight group and stick up for each other

Reply #137907 | Report this post

Coach  
Years ago

I understand this coach has been disciplined before? Should it now be 2 strikes and your out. This kind of behaviour is not good enough when coaching junior basketball. We all know the umpiring is frustrating when travelling from SA to Vic but the coach has gotta keep his cool. Wasnt there but having coached against this coach would not be surprised that this has happened. I hope for SA Country's sake something is done, cos SA Country lose too much respect because of this coach.

Reply #137909 | Report this post

How has this come back to be the coaches fault? Yes he received a T, which was a questionable call, nevertheless he received it.
Trying to tell me that he is the only one ever to get a T for this?
I think people should stop being quick to dish the unnesseccary abuse to this coach who loves the game and the team he coaches

Reply #137912 | Report this post

Years ago

if the mavs were to blame why did one kid from the other team get 10 weeks ban?

Reply #137914 | Report this post

disappointed  
Years ago

Not even close!

MITM,

Leaving the coaching area and having a go at a referee in the middle of the court is NOT a questionable technical foul. It should be automatic.

So, the Mavs players did help the situation escalate by pushing and shoving other players then! And therefore were partly to blame. If they helped up there teammate rather than went after the opposition there would not have been a problem.

Both teams suffered suspensions because both had cases to answer.

The kid that got 10 weeks left the bench and was not even involved in the games as he was injured and not playing. Therefore a larger suspension.

And yes, the coach has to share some responsibility becasue he wasn't in control, and becasue of that neither was his team.

And again I am sure that SA Country will allow them to contiue without a repremand because he "loves the game". What a laugh. Does this mean other coaches can allow there teams to get into fights and not expect consequences?

Reply #137924 | Report this post

As i have already said, the coach did not have a go at the ref, he was trying to ask a question in regards to call made, and as for walking onto the court to talk to the ref during a timeout - if i had a dollar for everytime iv seen a coach do that...
there was no need to help the teammate off the floor as he was not on it, there was a need to help a teammate while he was being held by one player and having punches thrown at him by another.
The suspension was given to the mavs because the tribunal board was scared of the attention they would receive if they didnt, a harsher penalty should have applied to sydney for clearing their bench and clearly showing more physical misconduct

Reply #137939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5 i think you mean (#137862) i simply asked who won the U18 classics.

Reply #137948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyways.....bak 2 the results lol

Reply #137951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anyone have news regarding u16s classic?

Reply #137952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs coach has shown his lack of experience at this level. If he makes it back to Classics any time soon he will quickly learn that zero tolerance means ZERO tolerance, so you just shut up and get on wih it.

Reply #137960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he didnt do anything wrong tho

Reply #137964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE JUST TELL ME THE RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers:)

Reply #137968 | Report this post

Fox 38  
Years ago

Check the results here for yourself!

Reply #137971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So following that link, the GF result was
dandenong 0 Sandringham 0??
Who won?

Reply #137977 | Report this post

dandenong beat sandringham by 11

Reply #137989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not much has been said about how sturt went this year saying they have 5 state players in the team ,did they make the top 4?

Reply #138001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They made top six after having been beaten out of top four by the Dandenong team that went on to win gold.

Reply #138008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and they lost 2 frankston twice

Reply #138082 | Report this post

mmm  
Years ago

Not well coached for a State coach?

Reply #138084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dandy are a very well drilled team they beat sturt by 35 and beat west by 33, there speed down the court was great and dident miss too many buckets

Reply #138087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nunawading also beat west by a similar margin so west werent too strong

Reply #138090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The same Sturt group came 9th two years ago. So they have improved...maybe this means they are well coached?

Reply #138092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nunawading came 3rd, maybe if sturt played them they would of lost by more? with 5 state players (possible the starting 5) you would think they would of played in the g/f over all sturt,west and north all won 3 and lost 3 maybe next year. west even lost to north a team they beat a week befoe

Reply #138093 | Report this post

Milk  
Years ago

Its a known fact that your SA Teams coming over with all your state players are always going to be beaten by Vic Rep teams..

Warragul, a team with footballers beat everyone.
Nunawading, One State Player and they dominated
Dandenong, 2 State Players and also Dominated

Dont worry Sturt, your boys might get a win at Nationals this year.. Against Tassy? or NT lol

Reply #139853 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:32 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754