Stadium Monkey
Years ago

How to be sore a loser

Scenario:

Scoreboard and shot clock totally failed at Pt Adelaide last night.

Players, coaches, and all officials decide to press ahead on court 1 after a 20 minute delay.

Good crowd, a few seats still available for the womens game.

Stupid scenario:

At end of game 40'ish year old woman complaining to management demanding her money back because the scoreboard didnt work, and she couldnt sit down.

Makes a song and dance wearing a Flames jacket. Just after the Flames lost. Sour grapes maybe?
Would she have wanted her money back if the Flames won?

And if it was an issue, why stay for the whole game and then ask for your money back?

Lovey, put it down to experience, you got to watch a brilliant game, and you supported grass roots basketball.

I am sure that you will find the money to pay for your cappucino on the Parade during the week without too many problems.

Well done to everyone involved with the games last night dealing with some unexpected challenges.

Topic #12237 | Report this topic

jules  
Years ago

...k...

Reply #142763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good call stadium monkey

Reply #142780 | Report this post

rib cracker  
Years ago

scoreboard didt work - sounds like the dome
cant sit down sounds like hillcret or marion -
did she complain about the car parking as well or the road works on port road
what does this lady want a personal box - things happen and the poor person trying to sort it all out copes the blame - i assume she does her share at norwood - or is she a fair weather jump on the band wagon supporter who expects that every thing revolves around her - all clubs have them - makes the day interesting - well done to the west management team who keep the game on track

Reply #142786 | Report this post

boo  
Years ago

Poor performance by West all round....you are a disgrace to the basketball community!

Reply #142792 | Report this post

Edinburgh 25  
Years ago

All finals should be played at decent stadiums that allow for the maximum amount of spectators to be seated. If all the games were played at the Dome, Pasadena or Wayville then there would be less problems and i would think more money made from gate takings.

Reply #142795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

boo u an idiot hater the clubs working hard with a lot of good people down there

Reply #142796 | Report this post

BIGballer  
Years ago

that last comment was just not called for. Sounds like a case of sour grapes

Reply #142798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and boo callin west a disgrace to basketball wasnt BIGballer?

Reply #142799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think BIGballer was referring to boo's outrageous comment.

Reply #142800 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Play the finals at the home court, it provides a huge advantage as was seen from the results, ALL home teams won!
It's a much better atmosphere for both the players and the spectators. I had to stand on a bench looking over people the whole game, shit it hurt my knee but it was worth it!!!

Reply #142812 | Report this post

Dog 26  
Years ago

If your team earns the right to play a home final, then enough said. The score board can stuff up at the best of stadiums.There are shitty stadiums, but hey, thats life!

Wayville's court 2 has a problem with one of the buzzers getting jammed, and from memory, the only way to stop the buzzer once it jams, is to turn the score board off, so even your best stadiums have problems.

Get off your high horse Edinburgh 25! It is called "district" for a reason.

Reply #142814 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

There were no surprises at the Port.
The higher ranked sides won.
The technical equipment worked some of the time.
The beer was cold.
The crowd provided great atmosphere
The hoops weren't ten foot.
The court was short and skinny arsed
All you ask for is consistency and by anyone's standard, you got it.
The games were of high standard, hard but fair, easily worth the fee.

Reply #142830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Sniping.)

Reply #142985 | Report this post

BIGballer  
Years ago

yes i was referring to boo disgraceful comment this is state league not the NBA so things arent gonna be perfect every week and it costs stuff all to watch some good ball might head out to wayville this week but mars is looking good too

Reply #143007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

k all good then well posted BIG baller

Reply #143030 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:09 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754