PPBA-JC
Years ago

Port Pirie Senior Basketball Carnival

Port Pirie Senior Basketball Carnival
Sat, 17 Nov 2007
Sun, 18 Nov 2007

$1,000 per Winning Team
Carnival MVP receives Trophy & $200 Prize Money.

This is an A Grade Competition for both MEN & WOMEN in preperation for the Senior SA Country Championships.

Nomination Forms are available for download from our website www.portpirie.basketball.net.au

The Senior Carnival is for Country SA Combined teams to attend, that will more than likely be attending the Country Championships.

To attend, Associations must nominate both a Men's & a Women's team.

Get in quick to book your accomodation.

any questions email [email protected]

Topic #13107 | Report this topic

Ryan  
Years ago

There is a group of boys from Adelaide submitting a team, which should be fairly decent.

some Norwood boys etc.

Any idea who else has submitted a team??

Reply #152938 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

The way I read it Ryan is that this carnival is for country teams only.
"The Senior Carnival is for Country SA Combined teams to attend, that will more than likely be attending the Country Championships" So Teams like Whyalla, Southern, Green Triangle, etc. Not the Lunchcutters, Bald Eagles and the X men!!!

Reply #152941 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

Thanks Panther, yes country Associations only. Must have men and womens sides as well. Cannot summit just one side. I apologise ryan as it does not state on nomination form that it is only for country associations.

Reply #152955 | Report this post

PPBA-JC  
Years ago

Retraction

Due to a misunderstanding of conversations at the recently held Board Of Management Meeting, the line which features:

'After this year we will be moving it to the October Long Weekend.'

Is incorrect and the dates are only under review as a possible change - the tone was general discussion, & I took it as a 75% chance of changing (my bad).

I apologise for any misunderstandings caused by this sentence.

AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE CARNIVAL IN NOVEMBER WHERE WE CAN ALL HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!

To follow on, the carnival is designed to be a lead up to the Senior Country Championships and nominations from Country Associations are welcome and must be accompanied with nominations of both A Grade Men & Women's team.

Reply #152956 | Report this post

WayUpNorth  
Years ago

Any idea what teams are confirmed for this carnival? Who is normally the strongest??

Reply #155357 | Report this post

PPBA-JC  
Years ago

Verbal attendance had been made by Port Augusta, Whyalla, Port Lincoln, Yorke Valley.

Thanks.

Reply #155428 | Report this post

PPBA-JC  
Years ago

Port Linclon are not going to make it, however Roxby Downs have no stepped up to bring teams, which is fantastic.

Reply #155731 | Report this post

WayUpNorth  
Years ago

Have Roxby confirmed their nomination?

Reply #156056 | Report this post

PPBA-JC  
Years ago

Apparentlly yes through our Development Officer matt Whittaker.

We've also had confirmation from Whyalla, Yorke Valley & Port Augusta.

Finding out tonight from the Riverland.

Hope to be a great carnival.

Reply #156565 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:27 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754